Memory stick not working- help please!

NomNom

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I have tried another memory stick and that one isn't working either. However i have tried them on my laptop and they do work. It keeps claiming that the device drivers are not installing successfully, even though My memory stick clearly works. I performed a DriveCure scan, and everything is installed successfully. I have also tried other usb devices, such as my wacom tablet and it works fine. So it only seems to be having problems with External Memory Devices.
Please help.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished

try on getting on your memory stick's manufacturer website and see if's a known issue. they might have a firmware flash for your memory which ill fix the problem. it's easy to use, an .exe file that after you rin will ask you to plug in your stick and then it will recognnize it.

I had to do this myself with an RCA MP3 player that wasn't recognized as anything when I plugged it in, not even showing up as a device that's plugged in. the firmware flash took all of 10 seconds and no problems ever since.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
This may be a flaw in Windows preventing it from assigning a drive letter for the USB stick.

Try this:

Right click "My computer" > choose "Manage" > Disk Management.
If the USB stick is listed - right click it >
> Choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths" >
> Click "Change" and assign a new unused drive letter.

erikson

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

Thankx!
I have a same problem on my laptop windows 7..... now it woks..after chnaging drive letter!

TRENDING THREADS