Windows 8 Installation

OK so its all over the web and I haven't found a solution, I spent all night with Microsoft Tech Support only for them to tell me my Windows 8 Pro DVD is bad and that I should return it to the store I purchased it at. I don't believe my disc is bad being that many others are having the same issue. I installed Windows 8 Pro 64 bit, from Window Vista 64 bit, everything looks like its working fine until it reboots. Once rebooted I'm stuck with a black screen with the blue windows logo in the middle. So then I tried booting from the DVD. Once the setup loaded, the setup screens were distorted, nearly impossible to read, and when the pointer moved across the screen it painted a trail of destruction over the setup window. Again, i get nowhere on the install. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows installation
  1. It might really be bad media. I've had my fair share of them and they will utterly destroy your install attempts.
  2. Well here goes an update. I think its safe to say it has something to do with my machine. Not sure what yet, however when I tried the 32 bit DVD it went without a hitch. Tried the 64 bit again and when the installation does load the screen gets all distorted and it's difficult to read the screen. I did get it through the twisted install but once it reboots it hangs at the black screen with the blue windows logo. So for now I'm running 32 bit. I have plans to build a new PC soon so we shall see what that brings.

Thanks

BTW I do have a 64but machine and was upgrading from Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Microsoft Windows 8