Combat Upgrade & SWG 2

I'm an old player, I quit about a year ago but have kept tabs on how
things have been going on the off-chance it will improve. I've seen the
despair that the CU has dumped on people, with even more people saying
they are leaving. I know it's a bad mistake to listen to these fools,
but is it really THAT bad?

(I see the mistake in asking Usenet for a rational comment too by the way!)

How long do we think it will be before they scrap it all and rework it
from the ground up with SWG2?

I hope they do, the first year of SWG was possibly the most fun I have
ever had with a videogame. They really need to give any potential sequel
to different people.

"Jamie_Manic" <yeahbutno@slag.com> wrote in message
> I'm an old player, I quit about a year ago but have kept tabs on how
> things have been going on the off-chance it will improve. I've seen the
> despair that the CU has dumped on people, with even more people saying
> they are leaving. I know it's a bad mistake to listen to these fools, but
> is it really THAT bad?

Wont happen, the game doesnt make enough money, they will just rework the
code on the first one

> It's very different now. Buff lines are at star ports gone :)
> SWG had a very vibrant community in its heyday.

I loved the first year of play, the player run economy was brilliant fun
to be involved in. But then they went and killed the game with the
Hologrind.

Jamie_Manic wrote:
> I'm an old player, I quit about a year ago but have kept tabs on how
> things have been going on the off-chance it will improve. I've seen the
> despair that the CU has dumped on people, with even more people saying
> they are leaving. I know it's a bad mistake to listen to these fools,
> but is it really THAT bad?
>
> (I see the mistake in asking Usenet for a rational comment too by the way!)
>
> How long do we think it will be before they scrap it all and rework it
> from the ground up with SWG2?
>
> I hope they do, the first year of SWG was possibly the most fun I have
> ever had with a videogame. They really need to give any potential sequel
> to different people.

Things had to change. I support the idea of the combat upgrade. The
results, however, are "problematic." Their actual design isn't working
as intended. They rushed it, and now it's just steaming there.

We won't see a SWG2. Not for a long time. The market is too competative,
and 100 million dollars development dollars isn't chump change.

CH