Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 sony vaio vgn sz43gn conflict

Last response: in Windows 7
February 20, 2010 9:42:52 AM

Hello,
i had windows vista and have now installed windows 7. the display on the screen does not show up when you start or restart the lap top. the screen is black but you can make out the icons in the background. However, if the machine is put on hibernate or sleep mode and then started, the screen display is perfect.
I have reloaded Nividia drivers also, but no result.
February 20, 2010 10:58:17 AM

hsk said:
Hello,
i had windows vista and have now installed windows 7. the display on the screen does not show up when you start or restart the lap top. the screen is black but you can make out the icons in the background. However, if the machine is put on hibernate or sleep mode and then started, the screen display is perfect.
I have reloaded Nividia drivers also, but no result.

Did you do an upgrade or a fresh install? If you did the upgrade, I'd recommend backing up your data and then doing a fresh install of Win 7. The symptoms you described initially (vaguely being able to make out the icons on the screen) sounds like a problem with the backlight, but if you can bring it out of it every time and get it to display right, that's obviously not the case.
m
l
!