WoW monthly cost in UK?

Toby

Hello, I'm considering buying WoW, but I know that there is a monthly cost
involved. Could you please tell me how much that is in the UK please?

mtia
#
T.

Toby wrote:
> Hello, I'm considering buying WoW, but I know that there is a monthly cost
> involved. Could you please tell me how much that is in the UK please?

£8.99

Toby

Oh! Thanks for the reply. If it had beenj £5 or less I may have taken the
plunge, but nearly £9 is a lot of cash and commitment for a game I may soon get
bored of! How does the price compare to Everquest II and Lineage II etc? I
bought Guild Wars and I'm pretty happy with it, especially as it cost nothing
more to play the game.

Any opinions please?

mtia
#
T.

Toby wrote:
> Oh! Thanks for the reply. If it had beenj £5 or less I may have taken the
> plunge, but nearly £9 is a lot of cash and commitment for a game I may soon get
> bored of! How does the price compare to Everquest II and Lineage II etc? I
> bought Guild Wars and I'm pretty happy with it, especially as it cost nothing
> more to play the game.

Cheaper I think. If you get stuck into an MMORPG though and you enjoy it
to it's full then the price seems insignificant next to the fun you can
have :)

On Thu, 05 May 2005 20:30:37 +0100, Jamie_Manic <yeahbutno@slag.com>
wrote:

>Toby wrote:
>> Oh! Thanks for the reply. If it had beenj £5 or less I may have taken the
>> plunge, but nearly £9 is a lot of cash and commitment for a game I may soon get
>> bored of! How does the price compare to Everquest II and Lineage II etc? I
>> bought Guild Wars and I'm pretty happy with it, especially as it cost nothing
>> more to play the game.
>
>Cheaper I think. If you get stuck into an MMORPG though and you enjoy it
>to it's full then the price seems insignificant next to the fun you can
>have :)

Plus you find yourself buying less new games when you're playing a
MMORPG - saving money in the long run.

And when you get bored with the MMORPG you can get all the games you
missed either second hand or on budget - another money saver.

And what's with all the carrots ?

>>> Oh! Thanks for the reply. If it had beenj £5 or less I may have
taken the
>>> plunge, but nearly £9 is a lot of cash and commitment for a game I
may soon get
>>> bored of! How does the price compare to Everquest II and Lineage II
etc? I
>>> bought Guild Wars and I'm pretty happy with it, especially as it
cost nothing
>>> more to play the game.

>> Cheaper I think. If you get stuck into an MMORPG though and you
enjoy it
>> to it's full then the price seems insignificant next to the fun you
can
>> have :)

> Plus you find yourself buying less new games when you're playing a
> MMORPG - saving money in the long run.

> And when you get bored with the MMORPG you can get all the games you
> missed either second hand or on budget - another money saver.

Well you can get Lineage 2 for free. Download the client of the
official website and use a privateer server, although the private
servers are always begging for donations. Some are run by true fans
others are just straight businesses.

Toby wrote:
> Oh! Thanks for the reply. If it had beenj £5 or less I may have taken the
> plunge, but nearly £9 is a lot of cash and commitment for a game I may soon get
> bored of! How does the price compare to Everquest II and Lineage II etc? I
> bought Guild Wars and I'm pretty happy with it, especially as it cost nothing
> more to play the game.
>
> Any opinions please?

Well, the cost of the game includes the first month's subscription, so
you could try it for that long as see how it goes.

Personally, I've become so completely and utterly hooked on WoW, I
haven't actually bought any games for the last 5.5 months... so I figure
that even after the subscription fee, I've saved money :)

It's actually rather annoying just how much WoW dominates my game
time... I realy want to give God of War a try, and finish Phantom Brave,
but that damn game keeps luring me back. Hopefully I'll get sick of it
some time this year and can resume my normal schedule.

--
Remove the mess to reply.

Miles_Kern

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Sorry to bring this up so long after creation, but I am an old WoW player, and I am now hooked one Eve (much more intense, interesting and exciting game IMHO) and it is so true you save so much money on not buying new games, and you have more fun with the people you interact with online... yes there are some Trolls out there, but mainly people are helpfull...... on some games anyway!

Bottom line is that for a small monthly fee you can have your whole life overtaken by a world outside our own... you can loose sleep, jobs, wives and lives with MMO's :lol:

P.S Did I mention Eve is sooooo much better than WoW?