Getting Around the Admin privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

viciousvic_50

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
want to install office 2007 on win7 , but as administrator I can not. it will run until it's says you do not have privileges.
have set system to fullcontrol and also administrator to fullcontrol with the same response

Solution
TURNS OUT THAT THE WIN7 INSTALLED ON THE COMPUTER WAS INCOMPLETE, AND THAT IT HAD TO BE REINSTALLED. ONCE THIS WAS DONE HAD NO FURTHER PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING OTHER PROGRAMS. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO RECIEVED, I DID TRY THEM BUT WITHOUT ANY POSITIVE RESULTS. THAT IS WHEN I CONTACTED THE ONE WHO INSTALLED WIN AND THEY SENT ME A DISC TO REINSTALL WIN7.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
'as administrator I can not' - odd!

Confirm you are logged in as administrator!

You might need to right-mouse click the installer and select 'run as administrator' - that'll check if you have admin rights!

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If its giving you too much of a hassle, turn off UAC, and disable your antivirus before starting the install. Even with UAC turned off and logged in as an administrator, you will still need to specifically tell setup.exe to run as an administrator as mesab66 pointed out.

viciousvic_50

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
TURNS OUT THAT THE WIN7 INSTALLED ON THE COMPUTER WAS INCOMPLETE, AND THAT IT HAD TO BE REINSTALLED. ONCE THIS WAS DONE HAD NO FURTHER PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING OTHER PROGRAMS. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO RECIEVED, I DID TRY THEM BUT WITHOUT ANY POSITIVE RESULTS. THAT IS WHEN I CONTACTED THE ONE WHO INSTALLED WIN AND THEY SENT ME A DISC TO REINSTALL WIN7.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.