WoW buy, d/l & install possible?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 6, 2005 4:01:03 PM

Hello,
Is it possible to buy and then d/l & install WoW? This is possible with
guild wars and some others.

If so, where can I get it please?

mtia

More about : wow buy install

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 6, 2005 7:51:02 PM

Toby wrote:
> Hello,
> Is it possible to buy and then d/l & install WoW? This is possible
> with guild wars and some others.
>
> If so, where can I get it please?
>
> mtia

No, they don't have that option. There are ways to download it, but you have
to buy the retail copy in order to get the registration key.

a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 9, 2005 4:04:28 AM

"Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> once tried to test me
with:

> No, they don't have that option. There are ways to download it, but
> you have to buy the retail copy in order to get the registration key.

There are no *legitimate* ways to download it. You can download it from
some warez places but the way you said it it was like Blizzard made it so
you could download it but didn't provide a way to activate it.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 9, 2005 5:36:04 PM

Knight37 wrote:
> "Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> once tried to test
me
> with:
>
> > No, they don't have that option. There are ways to download it, but
> > you have to buy the retail copy in order to get the registration
key.

> There are no *legitimate* ways to download it. You can download it
from
> some warez places but the way you said it it was like Blizzard made
it so
> you could download it but didn't provide a way to activate it.

Why would anyone bother to warez WoW? You can't play it without a legit
CD key.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 9, 2005 8:52:01 PM

Knight37 wrote:
> "Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> once tried to test
> me with:
>
>> No, they don't have that option. There are ways to download it, but
>> you have to buy the retail copy in order to get the registration key.
>
> There are no *legitimate* ways to download it. You can download it
> from some warez places but the way you said it it was like Blizzard
> made it so you could download it but didn't provide a way to activate
> it.

Yes there *are* legitimate ways to download it, at least when it first came
out. All you had to do was download the open beta version of the game, used
to be on Fileplanet not sure if it's still there. With that, if you have a
valid account, it'll patch itself to the latest version. That's how I
installed it so I didn't have to use my CD's.

a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2005 3:50:51 AM

"Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> once tried to test me
with:

> Knight37 wrote:
>> "Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> once tried to test
>> me with:
>>
>>> No, they don't have that option. There are ways to download it, but
>>> you have to buy the retail copy in order to get the registration
>>> key.
>>
>> There are no *legitimate* ways to download it. You can download it
>> from some warez places but the way you said it it was like Blizzard
>> made it so you could download it but didn't provide a way to activate
>> it.
>
> Yes there *are* legitimate ways to download it, at least when it first
> came out. All you had to do was download the open beta version of the
> game, used to be on Fileplanet not sure if it's still there. With
> that, if you have a valid account, it'll patch itself to the latest
> version. That's how I installed it so I didn't have to use my CD's.

Well the beta is no longer going so I don't know if this works anymore. I
was in the open beta also and I also didn't install from my CD's. I'm not
sure you can patch from a beta version though now, the patcher may not even
support it.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2005 3:51:28 AM

burt1112@hotmail.com once tried to test me with:

> Why would anyone bother to warez WoW? You can't play it without a legit
> CD key.

I don't know. It's been posted to the binaries groups before though.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2005 4:14:49 AM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 12:01:03 GMT, Toby <toby@msdn.com> wrote:

>Hello,
> Is it possible to buy and then d/l & install WoW? This is possible with
>guild wars and some others.
>
>If so, where can I get it please?

If you buy it, you already have it on the CDs. Why on earth would you
then want to download ~ 3 GBytes of program/data ? CD/DVD-rom drive
broken ?

BTW, the contents of the Wow CDs are unprotected - no disk-check
whatsover- and already in a form ready for download as 4 huge files,
should Blizzard so wish. Once the disks are installed, no need to keep
a disk in the drive. No need for a key-disk, as the only access to
create a Wow account and play on-line is via the unique Key recorded
in the packaging/manual.

John Lewis

>mtia
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2005 8:20:34 AM

Knight37 wrote:
> "Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> once tried to test
> me with:
>
>> Knight37 wrote:
>>> "Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> once tried to
>>> test me with:

>>> There are no *legitimate* ways to download it. You can download it
>>> from some warez places but the way you said it it was like Blizzard
>>> made it so you could download it but didn't provide a way to
>>> activate it.
>>
>> Yes there *are* legitimate ways to download it, at least when it
>> first came out. All you had to do was download the open beta version
>> of the game, used to be on Fileplanet not sure if it's still there.
>> With that, if you have a valid account, it'll patch itself to the
>> latest version. That's how I installed it so I didn't have to use my
>> CD's.
>
> Well the beta is no longer going so I don't know if this works
> anymore. I was in the open beta also and I also didn't install from
> my CD's. I'm not sure you can patch from a beta version though now,
> the patcher may not even support it.

You can manually download the major patches so I don't see why that'd be a
problem.

a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 10, 2005 8:47:05 AM

burt1112@hotmail.com wrote:
> Knight37 wrote:
>> "Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> once tried to
>> test me with:
>>
>>> No, they don't have that option. There are ways to download it, but
>>> you have to buy the retail copy in order to get the registration
>>> key.
>>
>> There are no *legitimate* ways to download it. You can download it
>> from some warez places but the way you said it it was like Blizzard
>> made it so you could download it but didn't provide a way to
>> activate it.
>
> Why would anyone bother to warez WoW? You can't play it without a
> legit CD key.

It's the same with Guild Wars, people warez that as well. I know that some
people are trying to, without any real luck, set up their own private
servers so that they don't have to play. I've read that some people have got
WoW working privately but it's useless because there aren't any NPC's or
anything.

a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 14, 2005 2:34:09 AM

Knight37 wrote:

>"Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> once tried to test me
>with:
>

>>No, they don't have that option. There are ways to download it, but
>>you have to buy the retail copy in order to get the registration key.
>>

>There are no *legitimate* ways to download it. You can download it from
>some warez places but the way you said it it was like Blizzard made it so
>you could download it but didn't provide a way to activate it.

Blizzard has always left me cold. If someone told them how to run a
business they would stick their fingers in their ears, and go,
"LALALALALALALAICANTHEARYOU!"

--
A sufficiently advanced computer network protective attitude is indistinguishable from paranoia.
Anonymous

Quaestor <no.spam@my.place> writes:

> Blizzard has always left me cold. If someone told them how to run a
> business they would stick their fingers in their ears, and go,
> "LALALALALALALAICANTHEARYOU!"

Yes, with 1.5 million subscribers to WoW and frog-knows how many
players of Diablo 2, I am sure they don't know how to run a business
just because they don't have WoW available for download yet.

In general, only NCSoft has made their games available for download
from the start, most others have them available after a year or so,
when the store copies have started selling out.
!