v635 vs v710 vs e815

Last response: in Brands
August 22, 2005 10:32:55 AM

I know the differences between the v710 and e815. I belive the v635 is
comparable to either phone (but its gsm instead of cdma) but I wanted to
know any other details. I'm contemplating a switch to Cingular but only if
I could get a phone as good as, if not better than the e815. The key is
uncriipled bluetooth AND transflash and a camera phone that is superior to
the v710s (which shouldn't be hard to do).

Speaking of bluetooth, has anyone been able on these BT phones to send
pictures to other bt equipped phones?

I'm also clueless about "locked phones", the process of unlocking & what it
means to do so, so if someone could direct me to a faq about that, this
would help also.

More about : v635 v710 e815

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 2:34:45 PM

Yes, V635 is comparable to E815 and it looks better.

As for the "locked" phones, it means that the phone is locked to a
particular subscriber. For example, if you buy from Cingular, that phone is
locked to Cingular service only. You can not use that phone with a T-Mobile
sim. On the other hand, an unlocked phone would allow you to use the phone
with any GSM service providers provided that the phone has necessary band.
Since, V635 is not available with any of the service providers in the USA,
you will have to buy an unlocked version. So, you can use it with any GSM
service providers including Cingular and T-mobile. You could take the phone
anywhere in the world as it is a quadband phone.

Imran
http://www.mobileisgood.com

"h0mi" <h0mi@ooohay.com> wrote in message

> I know the differences between the v710 and e815. I belive the v635 is
> comparable to either phone (but its gsm instead of cdma) but I wanted to
> know any other details. I'm contemplating a switch to Cingular but only if
> I could get a phone as good as, if not better than the e815. The key is
> uncriipled bluetooth AND transflash and a camera phone that is superior to
> the v710s (which shouldn't be hard to do).
>
> Speaking of bluetooth, has anyone been able on these BT phones to send
> pictures to other bt equipped phones?
>

> I'm also clueless about "locked phones", the process of unlocking & what
it
> means to do so, so if someone could direct me to a faq about that, this
> would help also.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:33:39 PM

Bluetooth is not crippled at all, and you will have no trouble transfering
files to other bt cells (except the v710 I would imagine)
I've transfered files from my v635 to my s710a, friends 6620, V3, V600 and
to other V635s.
V635 also looks and feels better then the v710 and e815 by far.
----------------------------
"h0mi" <h0mi@ooohay.com> wrote in message

I know the differences between the v710 and e815. I belive the v635 is
comparable to either phone (but its gsm instead of cdma) but I wanted to
know any other details. I'm contemplating a switch to Cingular but only if
I could get a phone as good as, if not better than the e815. The key is
uncriipled bluetooth AND transflash and a camera phone that is superior to
the v710s (which shouldn't be hard to do).

Speaking of bluetooth, has anyone been able on these BT phones to send
pictures to other bt equipped phones?

I'm also clueless about "locked phones", the process of unlocking & what it
means to do so, so if someone could direct me to a faq about that, this
would help also.
Related resources
August 23, 2005 8:23:10 AM

I see your @ addy as Rogers.com, so you aren't having any issues
with the 635 in the USA? I've been watching a few threads on
different groups, and some are having problems getting service on
635's since they aren't "available" in the USA (no usa carrier
supplying them). I guess you have to watch where you buy one.
One guy complained the one he bought off of Ebay had french language.
I'm about 99% sure this is the phone I'm going to use to replace my
V505 (Blue), and I want an unlocked phone, so I can continue (as long
as Cingular) lets me keep my old AT&T rate plan.

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:33:39 -0400, "CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com>
wrote:

>Bluetooth is not crippled at all, and you will have no trouble transfering
>files to other bt cells (except the v710 I would imagine)
>I've transfered files from my v635 to my s710a, friends 6620, V3, V600 and
>to other V635s.
>V635 also looks and feels better then the v710 and e815 by far.
August 23, 2005 10:40:13 AM

I bought a V635 off ebay and have had no problems with any service
from T-Mobile, using MPT, USB cable. Everything has worded just
fine...

!