Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dungeon Lords Impressions?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • IBM
  • RPG
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 6:03:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
now, check your local listings.

5/6/2005

More about : dungeon lords impressions

May 7, 2005 1:15:04 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 6 May 2005 14:03:07 -0700, "NFLed" <NFLed@aol.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
>now, check your local listings.
>
>5/6/2005

It's a bad sign when you're generating a character and you see 4
buttons besides gender and race:

Face
Skin color
Hair Style
Hair Color

But you can't actually use any of those 4 buttons.

There's a demo available. I strongly suggest you try before you buy
with this game.
May 7, 2005 2:50:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:15:04 -0400, Jim <> wrote:

>On 6 May 2005 14:03:07 -0700, "NFLed" <NFLed@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
>>now, check your local listings.
>>
>>5/6/2005
>
>It's a bad sign when you're generating a character and you see 4
>buttons besides gender and race:
>
>Face
>Skin color
>Hair Style
>Hair Color
>
>But you can't actually use any of those 4 buttons.
>
>There's a demo available. I strongly suggest you try before you buy
>with this game.

OK, I watched some History Channel and tried to play it a bit more.
It's now an hour and a half later and I have uninstalled it.
Related resources
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 3:35:51 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I've played it for about an hour and am enjoying it a lot so far.
Combat is fairly fast and not just clicking like Diablo. The inventory
system seems fine. The character advancement system seems very good
although it's way too early for me to say how effective it is. I like
a lot how disarming traps on treasure chests is handled. Movement and
exploration seem to be done well and presumably there will be plenty of
variety in locations. Dealing with NPC's is simple but not trivial.
The general storyline setting seems good.

Of course a lot will depend upon the overall game in the long term such
as quests, story advancement, etc.
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 7:48:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Jim <> wrote:

>It's a bad sign when you're generating a character and you see 4
>buttons besides gender and race:
>
>Face
>Skin color
>Hair Style
>Hair Color
>
>But you can't actually use any of those 4 buttons.
>
Did you choose a race that _has_ hair? Reptile dudes and maybe others
only have one head type, one skin color, and no hair. I didn't spend
much time messing around with all the different types, I just make one
and went.

I'm enjoying myself. Learned most of the mechanics of how to play when
I had the demo a while back. Have to be more careful now since the
demo's free revive-when-dead feature still exists, but there is a
penalty now (lose unspent experience points and 1 or 2 stats). You can
still revive yourself for free if you have an appropriate magic item,
though, using up scrolls or item charges.

The demo is definitely the way to tell whether you'll like this game,
since the start of the game is exactly the same as it, but balanced
better instead of throwing gobs of monsters and items in like the demo.
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 10:09:40 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

.... there came a great David Teach <d.teach@ix.netcom.com> flying, and
he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:


>I'm enjoying myself. Learned most of the mechanics of how to play when
>I had the demo a while back. Have to be more careful now since the
>demo's free revive-when-dead feature still exists, but there is a
>penalty now (lose unspent experience points and 1 or 2 stats). You can
>still revive yourself for free if you have an appropriate magic item,
>though, using up scrolls or item charges.

why not simply reload?
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
May 7, 2005 11:40:51 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

In article <b3eo715a42mk8iaasbbe6mi2kr0morima3@4ax.com>,
David Teach <d.teach@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Jim <> wrote:
>
> >It's a bad sign when you're generating a character and you see 4
> >buttons besides gender and race:
> >
> >Face
> >Skin color
> >Hair Style
> >Hair Color
> >
> >But you can't actually use any of those 4 buttons.
> >
> Did you choose a race that _has_ hair? Reptile dudes and maybe others
> only have one head type, one skin color, and no hair. I didn't spend
> much time messing around with all the different types, I just make one
> and went.
>
> I'm enjoying myself. Learned most of the mechanics of how to play when
> I had the demo a while back. Have to be more careful now since the
> demo's free revive-when-dead feature still exists, but there is a
> penalty now (lose unspent experience points and 1 or 2 stats). You can
> still revive yourself for free if you have an appropriate magic item,
> though, using up scrolls or item charges.
>
> The demo is definitely the way to tell whether you'll like this game,
> since the start of the game is exactly the same as it, but balanced
> better instead of throwing gobs of monsters and items in like the demo.

I tried the hair/face/etc. thing with all races, and I couldn't get it
to work. I take it that it _is_ working for you?
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 12:54:40 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Looks like another released-before-it's-ready game. Many rants on the

official forums about bugginess and cries of "take it back to the
store." "

http://dreamcatcherinteractive­.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f­=39

The rants actually seem typical to me with the loud few drowning out
those who are happy with the game. It's too early to tell right now.
May 7, 2005 2:57:37 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 6 May 2005 14:03:07 -0700, "NFLed" <NFLed@aol.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
>now, check your local listings.


Looks like another released-before-it's-ready game. Many rants on the
official forums about bugginess and cries of "take it back to the
store."

http://dreamcatcherinteractive.com/forums/forumdisplay....

There's supposed to be a patch next week.
May 7, 2005 7:24:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:15:04 -0400, Jim <> wrote:

>>Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
>>now, check your local listings.
>>
>>5/6/2005
>
>It's a bad sign when you're generating a character and you see 4
>buttons besides gender and race:
>
>Face
>Skin color
>Hair Style
>Hair Color
>
>But you can't actually use any of those 4 buttons.

I had the same problem. If they weren't going to include this
functionality in the game why didn't they remove the buttons?

What really bothers me is the missing automap. They didn't list it on
the features that would be included in the patch. This is a real
showstopper for me.

Another minor annoying thing....I picked a female warrior who turns
her head around whenever I stop moving for more than 30 seconds. The
head turn is reminiscent of Linda Blair in the Exorcist - almost total
turn of the neck with a crazed smile. The face reminds me a bit of
those demented looking townspeople in Might and Magic IX.

Alex
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 8:25:36 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Jim <carsonj@mac.com> wrote:

>I tried the hair/face/etc. thing with all races, and I couldn't get it
>to work. I take it that it _is_ working for you?
>
Nope, sorry, I spoke too soon. I looked around on a couple forums and
lots of people are talking about this feature not working (along with
other things like the lack of an in-game map), although the developers
are reportedly currently working on a large update that will add a bunch
of features and fix some bugs. No ETA on that yet, but hopefully soon.
It seems they jumped the release a bit earlier than they should have.
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 8:27:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Cole Turner <remove.cole.turner@liwest.at.spambotprotection> wrote:

>... there came a great David Teach <d.teach@ix.netcom.com> flying, and
>he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:
>
>>You can
>>still revive yourself for free if you have an appropriate magic item,
>>though, using up scrolls or item charges.
>
>why not simply reload?

That's what I usually do, though they make it harder by making you exit
to the main menu in order to load. A set of quicksave/quickload hotkeys
would have been nice.
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 8:51:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Alex" <abarker401@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1115497475.ec972f189410a5adaa051687203187fa@teranews...
> On Fri, 06 May 2005 21:15:04 -0400, Jim <> wrote:
>
>
> Another minor annoying thing....I picked a female warrior who turns
> her head around whenever I stop moving for more than 30 seconds. The
> head turn is reminiscent of Linda Blair in the Exorcist - almost total
> turn of the neck with a crazed smile. The face reminds me a bit of
> those demented looking townspeople in Might and Magic IX.
>

lol
May 8, 2005 2:36:00 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

David Teach <d.teach@ix.netcom.com> wrote
> I'm enjoying myself. Learned most of the mechanics of how to play when
> I had the demo a while back.

How did you learn the mechanics from the demo, trial and error? I'm having
a hard time with it exactly because there is no manual or help file that I
could find anywhere, is there?

It's incredibly frustrating, like when I equip to equip the bow I can't use
it, what gives?!? Do I need arrows, and if so why then give me a bow with
no arrows??!! How do I use magic?!?

Would it be much to ask for a simple .txt file give you a brief overview of
the mechanics, for crying out loud.

ARRRRRRGH!!!!
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 3:55:52 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Katja <katjavannisteroy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>David Teach <d.teach@ix.netcom.com> wrote
>> I'm enjoying myself. Learned most of the mechanics of how to play when
>> I had the demo a while back.
>
>How did you learn the mechanics from the demo, trial and error? I'm having
>a hard time with it exactly because there is no manual or help file that I
>could find anywhere, is there?
>
>It's incredibly frustrating, like when I equip to equip the bow I can't use
>it, what gives?!? Do I need arrows, and if so why then give me a bow with
>no arrows??!! How do I use magic?!?
>
>Would it be much to ask for a simple .txt file give you a brief overview of
>the mechanics, for crying out loud.
>
>ARRRRRRGH!!!!

Click on the question mark key (using the shift key with it, I think)
and it gives some gameplay hints, keyboard assignments, and the like.
Right and left mouse buttons page forward and back. This should get you
started. For the bow, you probably have it equipped in the "alternate"
slot, so hit the "Q" key to swap between melee and ranged. No, arrows
not needed, and thrown items (when you find them) don't run out either.

For quick item slots (1-8) open the inventory screen and hover the mouse
over the item you want (healing potion, magic book or scroll) and click
the number key, then when you want to use it in normal play that same
key uses that quick item.
May 8, 2005 8:03:24 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

David Teach wrote:
> Click on the question mark key (using the shift key with it, I think)
> and it gives some gameplay hints, keyboard assignments, and the like.

Thank you very much for your help, David, but once I got the basics and
played with it for a while I realized the game wasn't worth the effort
and promptly uninstalled it.

Too bad cause I really wanted to like this game but it felt very
sluggish and unresponsive, the path finding was non-existent, the AI
atrocious and the interface clumsy at best.

Major let down, I think I'll pass.
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 2:52:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Well. I have nothing else new so I bought it. Sometimes it takes
forever to load a new area and there is weird slowdown at times. I
was trying to sell something to the Fargrove Apothocary and discovered
I could sell some items over and over and my cash just kept building
but the item never left my inventory.

I really need to remember not to alt-tab out of this game. I hate
games that I can not minimize and then go back to later.

As others have said, no automap. So far only a minor annoyance, I am
sure in later areas it will be a huge pain.

Enemies seem a little smarter than in the demo (not much). The war
troll followed me up the stairs instead of standing inside the doorway
while I killed him. I was trying to figure out what to do in Fargrove
earlier when the game completely locked up my Windows XP system.
Fargrove is pretty much a dead town. I found two or three NPCs before
the game locked up on me. Was getting attacked constantly in town, I
guess inside shops and other buildings is the onlys safe haven. So
what item do I need to get into the house of the guy that sent me the
letter?
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 11:05:47 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"NFLed" <NFLed@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1115533092.174239.322210@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
> The game seems very good to me about 4-5 hours in. I'm very "choosy"
> about games I enjoy (very few have been decent in the past several
> years) but this one seems like a winner to me so far. I don't care
> that you can't choose hair color or the menu flickers when you click
> load game. I haven't had a single crash and I don't even think there
> has been a bug although the lack of an automap (hopefully to be
> included in the patch in a few days?) is not a good thing.
>

So far the reactions to this seem about as mixed as with Wizards and
Warriors. Personally, I wasn't impressed by the demo. I'll wait for
further reactions once the first patch comes out.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 12:14:24 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Sun, 08 May 2005 10:52:32 -0500, weretable and the undead chairs
<weretable@were.diningroom> wrote:

>Well. I have nothing else new so I bought it. Sometimes it takes
>forever to load a new area and there is weird slowdown at times. I
>was trying to sell something to the Fargrove Apothocary and discovered
>I could sell some items over and over and my cash just kept building
>but the item never left my inventory.

This is amazing as it is exactly the same bug that was in Wizards & Warriors.
If you took a certain kind of dart and tried to sell it you kept it but got
the cash. This really should have been found.

>I really need to remember not to alt-tab out of this game. I hate
>games that I can not minimize and then go back to later.
>
>As others have said, no automap. So far only a minor annoyance, I am
>sure in later areas it will be a huge pain.
>
>Enemies seem a little smarter than in the demo (not much). The war
>troll followed me up the stairs instead of standing inside the doorway
>while I killed him. I was trying to figure out what to do in Fargrove
>earlier when the game completely locked up my Windows XP system.
>Fargrove is pretty much a dead town. I found two or three NPCs before
>the game locked up on me. Was getting attacked constantly in town, I
>guess inside shops and other buildings is the onlys safe haven. So
>what item do I need to get into the house of the guy that sent me the
>letter?
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 2:37:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

NFLed wrote:

>Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
>now, check your local listings.
>
>5/6/2005
>

Failure. Should never have been shipped. Un workable, unplayable, and
by the few accounts by the few who have managed to play it, unwinnable
anyway.

--
A sufficiently advanced computer network protective attitude is indistinguishable from paranoia.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 9:24:59 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:37:53 -0700, Quaestor <no.spam@my.place> wrote:

>NFLed wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
>>now, check your local listings.
>>
>>5/6/2005
>>
>
>Failure. Should never have been shipped. Un workable, unplayable, and
>by the few accounts by the few who have managed to play it, unwinnable
>anyway.

I'd like you to qualify the last few statements with some hard facts. It has
some big problems but it is certainly playable. The problem is that there are
a lot of features which aren't implemented which by themselves don't stop you
from playing but by their absence make you feel less inclined to play.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 9:25:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Memnoch wrote:

>On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:37:53 -0700, Quaestor <no.spam@my.place> wrote:
>
>
>
>>NFLed wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
>>>now, check your local listings.
>>>
>>>5/6/2005
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>Failure. Should never have been shipped. Un workable, unplayable, and
>>by the few accounts by the few who have managed to play it, unwinnable
>>anyway.
>>
>>
>
>I'd like you to qualify the last few statements with some hard facts. It has
>some big problems but it is certainly playable. The problem is that there are
>a lot of features which aren't implemented which by themselves don't stop you
>from playing but by their absence make you feel less inclined to play.
>
>

I'd like you to give a few reasons why I should do that again.


--
A sufficiently advanced computer network protective attitude is indistinguishable from paranoia.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 1:58:31 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

NFLed wrote:
> Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
> now, check your local listings.
>
> 5/6/2005
>

It's full with bugs and really weird things ,but I like it! I like the
sewers and the cemetary.
Today I was fighting a huge creature and when I killed it I could almost
read in purple light letters .... "Esperitus Caldere " Anyone a idea
what that means? .....I made a screenshot of so if no one believes me, i
have proof I'm not stupid.

kind regards,
Irene





--
"Greed will be your Downfall"
Http://www.sentinel69.cjb.net
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 1:58:32 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Sentinel69 wrote:

> NFLed wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
>> now, check your local listings.
>>
>> 5/6/2005
>>
>
> It's full with bugs and really weird things ,but I like it! I like the
> sewers and the cemetary.
> Today I was fighting a huge creature and when I killed it I could almost
> read in purple light letters .... "Esperitus Caldere " Anyone a idea
> what that means? .....I made a screenshot of so if no one believes me, i
> have proof I'm not stupid.

I'm curious...Where is the screen shot? URL? It is wonky latin, but I
would guess something like Spirit of Fire.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:22:11 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Tue, 17 May 2005 21:58:31 +0200, Sentinel69 <blabla@klepklep.com> wrote:

>NFLed wrote:
>> Does anyone have any impressions of Dungeon Lords yet? It's in stores
>> now, check your local listings.
>>
>> 5/6/2005
>>
>
>It's full with bugs and really weird things ,but I like it! I like the
>sewers and the cemetary.
>Today I was fighting a huge creature and when I killed it I could almost
>read in purple light letters .... "Esperitus Caldere " Anyone a idea
>what that means? .....I made a screenshot of so if no one believes me, i
>have proof I'm not stupid.

You'll need those words for a little later on. Or rather, you will only be
able to pass a certain point once you have killed that creature.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 4:46:11 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Sentinel69 <blabla@klepklep.com> once tried to test me with:

> Today I was fighting a huge creature and when I killed it I could almost
> read in purple light letters .... "Esperitus Caldere " Anyone a idea
> what that means? .....I made a screenshot of so if no one believes me, i
> have proof I'm not stupid.

The phrase is a password you'll need later on to get something. I don't
think you need to write it down, the game knows that you know the word.

--

Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 9:30:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 18 May 2005 00:46:11 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

>Sentinel69 <blabla@klepklep.com> once tried to test me with:
>
>> Today I was fighting a huge creature and when I killed it I could almost
>> read in purple light letters .... "Esperitus Caldere " Anyone a idea
>> what that means? .....I made a screenshot of so if no one believes me, i
>> have proof I'm not stupid.
>
>The phrase is a password you'll need later on to get something. I don't
>think you need to write it down, the game knows that you know the word.

I think it could have been handled better. It just looks incredibly tacky and
for a moment I just thought that something had gone wrong and the game had
loaded the wrong texture or model or something like that. It says a lot for a
game doesn't it, in that everytime you attempt a quest, or try for a class
upgrade you cross your fingers hoping they didn't screw it up. I've never had
that feeling for any other game except Wizards & Warriors. What was the common
denominator again?
May 18, 2005 9:30:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Wed, 18 May 2005 17:30:30 GMT, Memnoch
<memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

> It says a lot for a
>game doesn't it, in that everytime you attempt a quest, or try for a class
>upgrade you cross your fingers hoping they didn't screw it up. I've never had
>that feeling for any other game except Wizards & Warriors. What was the common
>denominator again?


Speaking of the screw-ups, I just noticed that the DL forums on the
Dreamcatcher site are closed. Did they do this because of all the
negative comments? I thought it was actually an entertaining read.
Is there anywhere else at this point to get upcoming patch info? I
refuse to play any further until they fix it and if they don't do it
in the reasonably near future I'm returning it.
Alex
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 2:02:00 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Alex wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2005 17:30:30 GMT, Memnoch
> <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> It says a lot for a
>> game doesn't it, in that everytime you attempt a quest, or try for a
>> class upgrade you cross your fingers hoping they didn't screw it up.
>> I've never had that feeling for any other game except Wizards &
>> Warriors. What was the common denominator again?
>
> Speaking of the screw-ups, I just noticed that the DL forums on the
> Dreamcatcher site are closed. Did they do this because of all the
> negative comments? I thought it was actually an entertaining read.
> Is there anywhere else at this point to get upcoming patch info? I
> refuse to play any further until they fix it and if they don't do it
> in the reasonably near future I'm returning it.

They closed *all* of the Dreamcatcher forums for 'maintenance', not just the
one for DL.

-craig
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 7:09:54 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Alex <abarker401@aol.com> once tried to test me with:

> Is there anywhere else at this point to get upcoming patch info? I
> refuse to play any further until they fix it and if they don't do it
> in the reasonably near future I'm returning it.

1.2 patch has been annnounced but no ETA has been given yet. I read about
it on RPGdot. At least, I think that's where I read it.

--

Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 7:09:55 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 19 May 2005 03:09:54 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

>Alex <abarker401@aol.com> once tried to test me with:
>
>> Is there anywhere else at this point to get upcoming patch info? I
>> refuse to play any further until they fix it and if they don't do it
>> in the reasonably near future I'm returning it.
>
>1.2 patch has been annnounced but no ETA has been given yet. I read about
>it on RPGdot. At least, I think that's where I read it.

That was from before they closed down the forums (read:closed down the DL
division altogether), right?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 8:48:28 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> once tried to test me with:

> That was from before they closed down the forums (read:closed down the DL
> division altogether), right?

What do you mean closed down DL division? I have not read any news that
said Dreamcatcher had cut off support of DL. Do you have a source, or are
you speculating based on forums not currently being available?

--

Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 8:48:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 19 May 2005 04:48:28 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

>Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> once tried to test me with:
>
>> That was from before they closed down the forums (read:closed down the DL
>> division altogether), right?
>
>What do you mean closed down DL division? I have not read any news that
>said Dreamcatcher had cut off support of DL. Do you have a source, or are
>you speculating based on forums not currently being available?

I'm sorry but I can't discuss it - NDA. ;PPP

Speculating the worst scenario is usually just guessing the obvious here
in RPG land.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 10:20:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 19 May 2005 03:09:54 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

>Alex <abarker401@aol.com> once tried to test me with:
>
>> Is there anywhere else at this point to get upcoming patch info? I
>> refuse to play any further until they fix it and if they don't do it
>> in the reasonably near future I'm returning it.
>
>1.2 patch has been annnounced but no ETA has been given yet. I read about
>it on RPGdot. At least, I think that's where I read it.

Hopefully they haven't spent too much time fixing unnecessary things. I want
them to sort out skills that aren't implemented and hopefully address the
limited usefulness of spellcasters in the game. I started as a Mage, and
eventually got to Mage,Fighter,Sorceror,Samurai and then decided to restart,
removing magic entirely as its next to useless. Sooner or later you run out
and have to rely on weaponry. I would rather it be the other way around so I
am now aiming for Ninja Lord. I think it would be Fighter,Thief,Budoka,Ninja
Lord or something like that.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 5:01:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> once tried to test
me with:

> Hopefully they haven't spent too much time fixing unnecessary things.
> I want them to sort out skills that aren't implemented and hopefully
> address the limited usefulness of spellcasters in the game. I started
> as a Mage, and eventually got to Mage,Fighter,Sorceror,Samurai and
> then decided to restart, removing magic entirely as its next to
> useless. Sooner or later you run out and have to rely on weaponry. I
> would rather it be the other way around so I am now aiming for Ninja
> Lord. I think it would be Fighter,Thief,Budoka,Ninja Lord or something
> like that.

It does not surprise me that game balance is wacked. Have you had a chance
to play multiplayer? I'm eager to find some players who can fit in my
schedule of play sometimes and do some co-op dungeon delving. I tried a few
times to find players using the Gamespy interface thingy but so far there's
not that many players. <grr>

--

Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 9:43:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 20 May 2005 01:01:29 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

>Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> once tried to test
>me with:
>
>> Hopefully they haven't spent too much time fixing unnecessary things.
>> I want them to sort out skills that aren't implemented and hopefully
>> address the limited usefulness of spellcasters in the game. I started
>> as a Mage, and eventually got to Mage,Fighter,Sorceror,Samurai and
>> then decided to restart, removing magic entirely as its next to
>> useless. Sooner or later you run out and have to rely on weaponry. I
>> would rather it be the other way around so I am now aiming for Ninja
>> Lord. I think it would be Fighter,Thief,Budoka,Ninja Lord or something
>> like that.
>
>It does not surprise me that game balance is wacked. Have you had a chance
>to play multiplayer? I'm eager to find some players who can fit in my
>schedule of play sometimes and do some co-op dungeon delving. I tried a few
>times to find players using the Gamespy interface thingy but so far there's
>not that many players. <grr>

No, not yet. Before I do I would like to finish it single player.
!