Using reminder with datebook on the razr V3

If I set up an event in the datebook as an all day event such as a
birthday, how do I make the phone notify me of this event on the day
of the event. I would like to be notified by sound if possible. Can
someone walk me through this?? Thank for any help. One week old Razr
V3.

For example, I want to be reminded that the day is someone's birthday.
How do I set things up so that my reminder would be "Bill's Birthday
Today" when I power up. There is no specific time of the day for this
reminder.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Steve C
sec2@optonline.net
1 answer Last reply
More about using reminder datebook razr

    Steve Cipris Wrote:
    > If I set up an event in the datebook as an all day event such as a
    > birthday, how do I make the phone notify me of this event on the day
    > of the event. I would like to be notified by sound if possible. Can
    > someone walk me through this?? Thank for any help. One week old Razr
    > V3.
    >
    > For example, I want to be reminded that the day is someone's birthday.
    > How do I set things up so that my reminder would be "Bill's Birthday
    > Today" when I power up. There is no specific time of the day for this
    > reminder.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    >
    > Steve C
    > sec2@optonline.net

    Didn't I answer you on another forum? lol

    Add it to the cal. and at the bottom add an alarm to it. If you want
    an audible reminder you have to set an alarm. The even doesn't have to
    be time specific, but the phone needs to know a time you want to be
    reminded. Just pick a time. I do all of mine for 9am. The is no way
    to set it to remind you when you power the phone on. Unless maybe you
    set the alarm for a time before you power up or even set it for a time
    and power up the phone at the same time! lol I havn't tested the
    reminder alarm with the phone off. It may do like the regular alarm
    and go off even if the phone is off.

    --
    troyboy30

Motorola