Need help deciding which router to buy.

PtM9009

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hello I'm looking to buy a new router and need help finding one that fits my needs.

I have an Xbox 360, PS3, and 1 desktops all connected to my current router. I Stream videos and game online. I currently cant steam any videos in 720p or 1080p, and when gaming online I lag. I need a router that can have all these connected wirelessly at fast speeds without any lag. My price range is $50 - $120.

This is the router I was currently looking at http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus---Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Router-with-4-Port-Gigabit-Ethernet-Switch/3194853.p;tab=reviews?id=1218384139126&skuId=3194853#tab=overview

RealBeast

Titan
That is a very good router, available a few bucks cheaper if you are in the US outside CA from HERE.

You will still probably experience lag though unless you can bond channels and use a 40MHz wide N channel that will allow greater bandwidth. The problem is that unless you are far from other networks you will get interference from those networks, especially on the 2.4GHz frequency range.

Download the free wireless analyzer INSSIDER to see what networks are near you by channel and strength for both the 2.4 and 5GHz bands.

If you must use 5GHz N to get enough space to use 40MHz wide channels you will probably also need wireless adapters that work with 5GHz.