Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How can i put a desktop icon on my task bar

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Desktops
  • Taskbar
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
February 20, 2010 10:20:20 AM

I have changed to windows 7 and now find it impossible to pin a desktop shortcut to my taskbar ..any solutions ...Alan

More about : put desktop icon task bar

February 20, 2010 10:56:00 AM

alanpigott said:
I have changed to windows 7 and now find it impossible to pin a desktop shortcut to my taskbar ..any solutions ...Alan


My Windows 7 PC is down at the moment, so I can't verify this, but I'm pretty sure you just right-click on it and select "Pin to Taskbar."
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2010 11:03:32 AM

Either that or just drag and drop.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 20, 2010 4:49:46 PM

MaizeNBlue2 said:
My Windows 7 PC is down at the moment, so I can't verify this, but I'm pretty sure you just right-click on it and select "Pin to Taskbar."

No That doesn't work ..tried it ,, neither does drag and drop ..but thanks
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2010 5:12:42 PM

alanpigott said:
I have changed to windows 7 and now find it impossible to pin a desktop shortcut to my taskbar ..any solutions ...Alan
Don't pin the desktop shortcut - pin the actual program or file.
Use the Start Menu, find the program there with the search bar or All Programs (if it isnt already showing the recent program list) and then choose Pin to Taskbar.

m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2010 5:15:26 PM

You can also drag the program or file from the Start Menu onto the Task Bar and have it pinned there.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2010 5:43:58 PM

Is this article relevant?
m
0
l
April 4, 2013 1:29:23 AM

I think i know what you're saying alanpigott, though it looks like no-one else does.
you want to pin the desktop to the task bar so that you can drag files to it. I'm also trying to find out. Every forum respondant misses the point too
m
0
l
July 9, 2014 12:49:07 PM

helpdesknewby said:
I think i know what you're saying alanpigott, though it looks like no-one else does.
you want to pin the desktop to the task bar so that you can drag files to it. I'm also trying to find out. Every forum respondant misses the point too


Right click on taskbar.
Go to "Toolbars".
Left click "Desktop".
m
0
l
!