IPAD connection to wirless

mkyslowsky

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hello,
When trying to connect my ipad to my windows wireless network it asks for a password. Is this the same thing as my network key?

What you want to do is to go to a computer that is ciurrently connected to your wireless network or Homegroup and go into the control panel and select Network and Internet , then next select Homegroup , next select down towarsd the bottom from the list "Print and View the Homegroup password. The next page will be the password that you need to enter into your ipad to get on your wireless network.

what if I am old school and I don't have Windows7 or Windows8?

does Homegroup have my wireless password stored for my router if I connect via eithernet cable?

I am asking these questions because I don't use Homegroup and like to learn.

When you make a wireless network for your home you have the choice to make it a Homegroup or a public network. Naturaly your going to choose the Homegroup and once you do that's where you can find the password on the computer and it works for Vista and XP also as I have had a Homegroup wireless network since XP.

The Homegroup password is stored in it's encrypted form on the computer , if you look in the router it will show you the word or phrase that you put for it to be encrypted , it doesn't show you the encrypted form.

My main desktop is what I used to set up the wireless network and it is coinnected to the wireless router by ethernet cable and the path I posted is where the password is on my computer and where it is on all the computers that are connected.

I hope this answers your question , if not you can always send me a private message and I will be happy to answer any further questions if I can.