Hi - new member here.

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brian and I'm from Utah.
I've been into science fiction and fantasy for about 15 years now.
I've created a science fiction and fantasy search engine and a
play-by-post RPG at http://www.desertrealm.com

Thanks,
Brian
http://www.desertrealm.com
http://www.thelensflare.com

"Azkul" <scribe@desertrealm.com> wrote in message
> Hi - new member here.
>
> I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brian and I'm from Utah.
> I've been into science fiction and fantasy for about 15 years now.
> I've created a science fiction and fantasy search engine and a
> play-by-post RPG at <snip>>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Did you pay the membership fee Brian? If you haven't, please advise your
local government officials to rectify the situation. Membership to
comp.sys.ibm.games.rpg is $12/month payable in the form of witty
contributions to usenet. If you have not a speck of wit, usenet takes VISA.

Bitstring <mMsfe.4768$XX1.55856@news20.bellglobal.com>, from the
wonderful person Grackle <nobody@lalaland.ca> said
<snip>

>Did you pay the membership fee Brian? If you haven't, please advise your
>local government officials to rectify the situation. Membership to
>comp.sys.ibm.games.rpg is $12/month payable in the form of witty
>contributions to usenet. If you have not a speck of wit, usenet takes VISA.

He doesn't have much wit, since he also posted (not cross-posted, a
completely separate effort) to the rec.arts.sf.written NG. And probably
others. Skating pretty close to spamming, I'd say.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can

"Azkul" <scribe@desertrealm.com> once tried to test me with:

> Hi - new member here.

Just what we needed, a new spammer!

> I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brian and I'm from Utah.
> I've been into science fiction and fantasy for about 15 years now.
> I've created a science fiction and fantasy search engine and a
> play-by-post RPG at http://snipped.url

Really now? Well you might be interested to know that this group isn't at
all relevant to what you just mentioned. This group is about computer role-
playing games, like Fallout or Planescape: Torment. It's not about pen and
paper role-playing games, which is covered in the rec.games.frp.* groups.
Nor is it relevant to science fiction and fantasy film, books, or whatever.
Unless it's a science fiction or fantasy role-playing game, for the PC.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

I'm not trying to spam you. Indeed, I did just join Google's groups.
I joined a few of them based on my interests and posted a hello to
each.

I'm sorry if I went to the wrong list - RPGs are RPGs to me whether
they are pen and paper, computer, or a hybrid such as a forum based
one. Since I'm not welcome here, thanks for your time. I shall leave
this group now.

-Brian

Azkul wrote:
> I'm not trying to spam you. Indeed, I did just join Google's groups.
> I joined a few of them based on my interests and posted a hello to
> each.
>
> I'm sorry if I went to the wrong list - RPGs are RPGs to me whether
> they are pen and paper, computer, or a hybrid such as a forum based
> one. Since I'm not welcome here, thanks for your time. I shall leave
> this group now.

God damn man...Did you get sand in you 'giner or what?

On Tue, 10 May 2005 01:47:32 -0600, James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Azkul wrote:
>> I'm not trying to spam you. Indeed, I did just join Google's groups.
>> I joined a few of them based on my interests and posted a hello to
>> each.
>>
>> I'm sorry if I went to the wrong list - RPGs are RPGs to me whether
>> they are pen and paper, computer, or a hybrid such as a forum based
>> one. Since I'm not welcome here, thanks for your time. I shall leave
>> this group now.
>
>God damn man...Did you get sand in you 'giner or what?

Shoot, when I was a newbie it was a GOOD sign to get PLONKed by Tale and
Kibo on the first day of posting.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 01:47:32 -0600, James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Azkul wrote:
>>
>>>I'm not trying to spam you. Indeed, I did just join Google's groups.
>>>I joined a few of them based on my interests and posted a hello to
>>>each.
>>>
>>>I'm sorry if I went to the wrong list - RPGs are RPGs to me whether
>>>they are pen and paper, computer, or a hybrid such as a forum based
>>>one. Since I'm not welcome here, thanks for your time. I shall leave
>>>this group now.
>>
>>God damn man...Did you get sand in you 'giner or what?
>

> Shoot, when I was a newbie it was a GOOD sign to get PLONKed by Tale and
> Kibo on the first day of posting.

Ah...Kibo...I remember the days. Is that guy still around? I've
noticed that B1FF has managed to procreate (or more than likely bud).
Man, I haven't read alt.religion.kibo for years.

Thusly Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

>>> one. Since I'm not welcome here, thanks for your time. I shall leave
>>> this group now.
>>
>>God damn man...Did you get sand in you 'giner or what?
>
>Shoot, when I was a newbie it was a GOOD sign to get PLONKed by Tale and
>Kibo on the first day of posting.

Thick skin is an acquired skill.
Nowadays, with bloodless webfora everywhere, people don't have to.

What the heck is a "giner"?

--
A True Hero: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/magazine/03ALI.html

Toby

On 2005-05-10, Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Thusly Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

>>>God damn man...Did you get sand in you 'giner or what?
>>
>>Shoot, when I was a newbie it was a GOOD sign to get PLONKed by Tale and
>>Kibo on the first day of posting.
>
> Thick skin is an acquired skill.
> Nowadays, with bloodless webfora everywhere, people don't have to.
>
> What the heck is a "giner"?

I thought he meant 'gina.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

Mean_Chlorine wrote:

> Thusly Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

>>>God damn man...Did you get sand in you 'giner or what?
>>
>>Shoot, when I was a newbie it was a GOOD sign to get PLONKed by Tale and
>>Kibo on the first day of posting.
>

> Thick skin is an acquired skill.
> Nowadays, with bloodless webfora everywhere, people don't have to.
>
> What the heck is a "giner"?

Not a South Park fan? Cartman asks "So Kyle, do you have sand in your
'giner?"

'giner = Vagina...You know 'cause when Cartman speaks he has this lispy
thing going on and....Oh god the voices are back!

Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:

>> What the heck is a "giner"?
>
>I thought he meant 'gina.

Aha!
I thought "giner" might be a drink. I know I'd be upset if someone put
sand in my drink, it's bad enough with all those damn vegetables.

--
A True Hero: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/magazine/03ALI.html

Thusly James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

>Ah...Kibo...I remember the days. Is that guy still around?

I don't know if its the same guy, but there's a dude there by that
name who posts regularly about the details of his personal hygiene
(e.g. 400 words about how he just clipped his toenails or yet again
dyed his hair) to a rapt audience of adoring fans, yes.

--

Mean_Chlorine wrote:
> Thusly Toby <google@asktoby.com> Spake Unto All:
>

>>>What the heck is a "giner"?
>>
>>I thought he meant 'gina.
>

> Aha!
> I thought "giner" might be a drink. I know I'd be upset if someone put
> sand in my drink, it's bad enough with all those damn vegetables.

ROTFLMAO. You have made my day complete.

Mean_Chlorine wrote:

> Thusly James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:
>

>>Ah...Kibo...I remember the days. Is that guy still around?
>

> I don't know if its the same guy, but there's a dude there by that
> name who posts regularly about the details of his personal hygiene
> (e.g. 400 words about how he just clipped his toenails or yet again
> dyed his hair) to a rapt audience of adoring fans, yes.

Gah! I hated Kibo in 1990??? and I hate him now. What is the deal
with the cult following of a guy with a 1500 line sig???

> I'm not trying to spam you. Indeed, I did just join Google's groups.
> I joined a few of them based on my interests and posted a hello to
> each.
>
> I'm sorry if I went to the wrong list - RPGs are RPGs to me whether
> they are pen and paper, computer, or a hybrid such as a forum based
> one. Since I'm not welcome here, thanks for your time. I shall leave
> this group now.
>
> -Brian

You don't understand the concept of usenet. It's an open forum, you don't
join so much as visit, nobody cares who you are or what you have to say.
There are no members, just a bunch of yapping voices that spit out ideas
about worthless subjects.

Thusly James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

>>>Ah...Kibo...I remember the days. Is that guy still around?
>>
>> I don't know if its the same guy, but there's a dude there by that
>> name who posts regularly about the details of his personal hygiene
>> (e.g. 400 words about how he just clipped his toenails or yet again
>> dyed his hair) to a rapt audience of adoring fans, yes.
>
>Gah! I hated Kibo in 1990??? and I hate him now. What is the deal
>with the cult following of a guy with a 1500 line sig???

It's bizarre. The fans, that is. At first I thought it was ironic, but
no, they're serious.
It takes all kinds, I guess.

--
A True Hero: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/magazine/03ALI.html

"Azkul" <scribe@desertrealm.com> once tried to test me with:

> I'm not trying to spam you. Indeed, I did just join Google's groups.
> I joined a few of them based on my interests and posted a hello to
> each.
>
> I'm sorry if I went to the wrong list - RPGs are RPGs to me whether
> they are pen and paper, computer, or a hybrid such as a forum based
> one. Since I'm not welcome here, thanks for your time. I shall leave
> this group now.

Well if you stick around long enough to read these replies...

You're style of writing was almost identical to what we see almost every
day here with "fly by" spammers, who try to post something tangentially
related to the subject and are gone, like a thief in the night. If your
intention was to actually participate in the group, you have my apologies.
No offense was meant.

If you take offense so easily, you might not last long here, however. It's
a pretty rough and tumble group.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"Azkul" <scribe@desertrealm.com> skrev i meddelelsen

> Hi - new member here.

Ouch. Whatever happened to the old one?

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

nostromo

Thus spake "Grackle" <nobody@lalaland.ca>, Tue, 10 May 2005 20:31:31 -0400,
Anno Domini:

>"Azkul" <scribe@desertrealm.com> wrote in message
>> I'm not trying to spam you. Indeed, I did just join Google's groups.
>> I joined a few of them based on my interests and posted a hello to
>> each.
>>
>> I'm sorry if I went to the wrong list - RPGs are RPGs to me whether
>> they are pen and paper, computer, or a hybrid such as a forum based
>> one. Since I'm not welcome here, thanks for your time. I shall leave
>> this group now.
>>
>> -Brian
>>

>You don't understand the concept of usenet. It's an open forum, you don't
>join so much as visit, nobody cares who you are or what you have to say.
>There are no members, just a bunch of yapping voices that spit out ideas
>about worthless subjects.

That's .action you're thinkin of - at least in this cesspit there are
occasional on-topic threads/posts. This is not one of them of course...:-/

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

Mean_Chlorine wrote:

> Thusly James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

>>>I don't know if its the same guy, but there's a dude there by that
>>>name who posts regularly about the details of his personal hygiene
>>>(e.g. 400 words about how he just clipped his toenails or yet again
>>>dyed his hair) to a rapt audience of adoring fans, yes.
>>
>>Gah! I hated Kibo in 1990??? and I hate him now. What is the deal
>>with the cult following of a guy with a 1500 line sig???
>

> It's bizarre. The fans, that is. At first I thought it was ironic, but
> no, they're serious.
> It takes all kinds, I guess.

No!? Are they really serious???? Wow...it is the end of the world as
we know it.

Thusly James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

>> It's bizarre. The fans, that is. At first I thought it was ironic, but
>> no, they're serious.
>> It takes all kinds, I guess.
>
>No!? Are they really serious???? Wow...it is the end of the world as
>we know it.

I think it's mainly the end of his hair color.

--

Mean_Chlorine wrote:
> Thusly James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:
>

>>>It's bizarre. The fans, that is. At first I thought it was ironic, but
>>>no, they're serious.
>>>It takes all kinds, I guess.
>>
>>No!? Are they really serious???? Wow...it is the end of the world as
>>we know it.
>

> I think it's mainly the end of his hair color.

ROTFLMAO...Honestly...I don't know if I should laugh or cry :)