Phillipe's ATT excuse

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
April 7, 2004 5:41:54 PM

Group: alt.cellular.attws Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2004, 9:58am (EST+5) From:
rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.)
<<That was part of the reason I was in contact with AT&T Wireless
lawyers. I was getting billed when I was not a customer.>>

Now, can anyone explain to me how a company can bill you if you didn't
sign up for service? How do they get your billing information if you
didn't readily give it to them? In order for them to bill you, wouldn't
you have to have a phone and a phone number attached to your account --
meaning you had service with them?

Phillipe was caught in a lie about saying he "never" had AT&T Wireless,
and now this is his excuse for getting out of it? He won't elaborate
more because of some "agreement" he has with AT&T's lawyers -- i.e. his
easy way out of answering any questions.

What a piece of trash.

More about : phillipe att excuse

Anonymous
April 8, 2004 1:00:45 AM

"Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
Group: alt.cellular.attws Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2004, 9:58am (EST+5) From:
rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.)
<<That was part of the reason I was in contact with AT&T Wireless
lawyers. I was getting billed when I was not a customer.>>

Now, can anyone explain to me how a company can bill you if you didn't
sign up for service? How do they get your billing information if you
didn't readily give it to them? In order for them to bill you, wouldn't
you have to have a phone and a phone number attached to your account --
meaning you had service with them?

Phillipe was caught in a lie about saying he "never" had AT&T Wireless,
and now this is his excuse for getting out of it? He won't elaborate
more because of some "agreement" he has with AT&T's lawyers -- i.e. his
easy way out of answering any questions.

What a piece of trash.

You are being toooooo kind there Eric ... :)

Bob
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 2:30:06 AM

"tom ronson" <tonostuff@blahoo.com> wrote in message news:407477c4$0$71075$a8266bb1@news.titannews.com...

> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
> > Now, can anyone explain to me how a company can bill you if you didn't
> > sign up for service?
>
> It's easy --- but you being an AT&T apologist just can't or worse WON'T see
> it! ;)
>
> You see AT&T/W monitors this board and saw the problems Phyllis was having
> with his service -- With the problem dually noted AT&T/W went to Phyllis's
> house, pulled his trash for a month and pieced enough data together to open
> an account for him. With the account opened they put a phone on his
> doorstep, rang the doorbell and ran away. Phyllis, trying to "save the
> phone" brought it into his house for safe keeping.
>
> As I say, only an AT&T apologist would think otherwise.
>
> --tr

All I can say is, it would take an ATT Wireless insider to know all that.
Tom Ronson is outed! :-)
---JRC---
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 5:47:10 AM

I'm so glad the children (SprintPCS blind apologists) are having fun.

Their insults still leave SprintPCS with the worst rated Customer Service as
repeatedly surveyed by
J.D. Power
The Yankee group
Consumer Reports.

and they childishly insult anyone who might dare mention that FACT.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 5:47:11 AM

"Cell merger" <cellmerger@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm so glad the children (SprintPCS blind apologists) are having fun.

And we're glad that you're glad.

> Their insults still leave SprintPCS with the worst rated Customer Service
as
> repeatedly surveyed by
> J.D. Power
> The Yankee group
> Consumer Reports.
>
> and they childishly insult anyone who might dare mention that FACT.

Not true- we only insult you, but it is well deserved. After all, the list
below can be directly attributed to you:

Your lies:
Sprint offers the fewest phones of the top ten providers
AT&T was not capable of offering 7pm nights
AT&T would not match web prices at retail stores
Cingular paid over $50B for AT&TW
Sprint PCS would be out of business by the end of the year
Sprint has no team handling Retention
Cingular was liable for potential damages due to the break-in at a third
party authorized dealer

Your attempts to argue both sides:
Sprint losing money, and yet bitching when they don't pass savings on to you
Whining about coverage maps, and then using them to provide coverage advice
Accusing everyone else of lying, and then posting lies of your own (see the
list above)

Other deceptive practices:
Using multiple names in the same thread in an attempt to fake support for
your lies
Starting a new thread on the same subject when you are called on your lies,
so that you can continue to whine without having to explain your lies
Purposely quoting out of context to avoid answering for your lies
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 6:31:01 AM

"Cell merger" <cellmerger@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm so glad the children (SprintPCS blind apologists) are having fun.
>
> Their insults still leave SprintPCS with the worst rated Customer Service
as
> repeatedly surveyed by
> J.D. Power
> The Yankee group
> Consumer Reports.
>
> and they childishly insult anyone who might dare mention that FACT.

Phillipe ... the only child here is you ... Do you really want someone to
post your history here?

Bob::Thinking Phillipe is now using a 4 blade razor for his right palm::

Bob
April 8, 2004 1:50:18 PM

Phillipe's ATT excuse

Group: alt.cellular.attws Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2004, 9:58am (EST+5) From:
rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.)
<<That was part of the reason I was in contact with AT&T Wireless
lawyers. I was getting billed when I was not a customer.>>

Now, can anyone explain to me how a company can bill you if you didn't
sign up for service? How do they get your billing information if you
didn't readily give it to them? In order for them to bill you, wouldn't
you have to have a phone and a phone number attached to your account --
meaning you had service with them?

Phillipe was caught in a lie about saying he "never" had AT&T Wireless,
and now this is his excuse for getting out of it? He won't elaborate
more because of some "agreement" he has with AT&T's lawyers -- i.e. his
easy way out of answering any questions.

What a piece of trash.
April 8, 2004 1:52:11 PM

Group: alt.cellular.sprintpcs Date: Thu, Apr 8, 2004, 1:47am (EST+5)
From: cellmerger@aol.com (Cell merger) wrote:
<<and they childishly insult anyone who might dare mention that FACT. >>

Well the FACT is that you claimed to have never been an AT&T customer,
then you claim that they billed you even when you weren't an AT&T
customer, and now you try and divert attention away from your flimsy
story. Th eonly FACT here is that you are a stupid piece of trash that
has no life outside of being a liar, hyocrite and instigator.
April 8, 2004 2:02:33 PM

Don't change the topic in this thread, jerk.

Original post:

Phillipe's ATT excuse

Group: alt.cellular.sprintpcs Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2004, 1:41pm From:
caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric)
[...]

April 8, 2004 5:25:21 PM

> your lies

Those have all been refuted in a previous post, sorry you need to attack the
messenger and ignore the message.

SprintPCS has the worst customer service.
April 8, 2004 5:25:22 PM

Group: alt.cellular.sprintpcs Date: Thu, Apr 8, 2004, 1:25pm (EST+5)
From: cellmerger@aol.com (Cell merger) wrote:
<<Those have all been refuted in a previous post, sorry you need to
attack the messenger and ignore the message. >>

You are the one ignoring the message here in this thread. Until you can
offer solid proof that AT&T was billing you when you weren't even a
customer (which is a lonnnnng stretch), then YOU are the one IGNORING
the TRUTH.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 5:33:56 PM

> > your lies
>
> Those have all been refuted in a previous post, sorry you need to attack
the
> messenger and ignore the message.
>
> SprintPCS has the worst customer service.

If the service is so bad, which I certainly don't believe it is, I have two
questions for you Phillipe.

1) Per your own comments here, SPCS has bent over backwards for you,
regarding phones and plan prices. You have no complaints with CS, do you?

2) Why o why do you stay with SPCS, if you have such a problem with these
focus group polls?

Bob
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 6:05:04 PM

This may answer Bob Smith:

Users who can avail themselves of Executive services don't run into the grief
of Customer Service.

Customer Servive, where "handle time" is king and strictly enforced, to keep
calls under 6 minutes average, such that CSRs are known to transfer one around
or even flat disconnevct you i.e. hang up, to keep their calls short.

CSR's also have upsell quotas, and we have had many posts from folks that have
involuntarily had their contracts extended.

Then we have the secret warranties on defectove phones, or refusal to handle
warrant phones if the screen goes bad.

and as a result as most folks dont use Exceutive Services (and apologists like
yourself and JRW belittle anyone who suggests one use Executive Services
(866-519-5698)); so when folks get surveyed SprintPCS rates last in customer
service.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 7:26:09 PM

Bob Smith wrote:

> Bob::Thinking Phillipe is now using a 4 blade razor for his right palm::
>
> Bob

LOL!
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 7:42:18 PM

"Cell merger" <cellmerger@aol.com> wrote in message
> > your lies
>
> Those have all been refuted in a previous post, sorry you need to attack
the
> messenger and ignore the message.

They could only be refuted if facts to the contrary were posted. Only
opinions were posted in response. Therefore, they are unrefuted. If you
could provide FACTS, you've had plenty of opportunity to do so. The fact
that you haven't been able to provide anything after such a long time would
indicate that I posted an accurate portrayal of your trollish behavior.

> SprintPCS has the worst customer service.

No they don't, unless you use outdated data to measure.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 7:43:13 PM

> This may answer Bob Smith:
>
> Users who can avail themselves of Executive services don't run into the
grief
> of Customer Service.

So, in other words, you aren't going to answer my questions Phillipe ...

What grief with customer service? I haven't seen any grief posts recently.
As to Executive Services, you are abusing the system by calling them up for
miniscule questions ...

> Customer Servive, where "handle time" is king and strictly enforced, to
keep
> calls under 6 minutes average, such that CSRs are known to transfer one
around
> or even flat disconnevct you i.e. hang up, to keep their calls short.

BULLSHIT! That might of happened in the past, but you have been told on
numerous occasions by several SPCS employees here that is no longer the
case.

> CSR's also have upsell quotas, and we have had many posts from folks that
have
> involuntarily had their contracts extended.

BULLSHIT! More old arguments from you Phillipe ... Sure, the reps might try
to upsell a customer when they exceed their plan minutes or add features the
account wants. As to involuntary extensions of contracts, old news again ...

> Then we have the secret warranties on defectove phones, or refusal to
handle
> warrant phones if the screen goes bad

BULLSHIT! Once again, those points have been answered previously..

> and as a result as most folks dont use Exceutive Services (and apologists
like
> yourself and JRW belittle anyone who suggests one use Executive Services
> (866-519-5698)); so when folks get surveyed SprintPCS rates last in
customer
> service.

Answer the questions Phillipe. While you are at it, why don't you answer the
ATTWS question as well?

Until you do, the only reputation you will have here on this newsgroup is
that of a troll, who has changed your ID 61 known times, where you misquote
prior posters, where you continue to argue old issues which don't apply,
where you lie, where you bitch about coverage maps, yet feel happy to quote
coverage maps, and the list goes on and on and on ....

Bob
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 7:45:42 PM

"Cell merger" <cellmerger@aol.com> wrote in message
> This may answer Bob Smith:
>
> Users who can avail themselves of Executive services don't run into the
grief
> of Customer Service.
>
> Customer Servive, where "handle time" is king and strictly enforced, to
keep
> calls under 6 minutes average, such that CSRs are known to transfer one
around
> or even flat disconnevct you i.e. hang up, to keep their calls short.

You are the only poster in the last 10 months to mention any call time
restrictions. With all of the other complaints written about here, NOBODY
ELSE has mentioned this.

> CSR's also have upsell quotas, and we have had many posts from folks that
have
> involuntarily had their contracts extended.

See previous statement.

> Then we have the secret warranties on defectove phones, or refusal to
handle
> warrant phones if the screen goes bad.

No proof, no problem.

> and as a result as most folks dont use Exceutive Services (and apologists
like
> yourself and JRW belittle anyone who suggests one use Executive Services
> (866-519-5698)); so when folks get surveyed SprintPCS rates last in
customer
> service.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 9:29:26 PM

Poor Eric, posting about AT&T in a SprintPCS group. he really does have a
fixation with Phillipe.
April 8, 2004 9:29:27 PM

Group: alt.cellular.sprintpcs Date: Thu, Apr 8, 2004, 5:29pm (EST+5)
From: cellmerger@aol.com (Cell merger)
<<Poor , posting about AT&T in a SprintPCS group. he really does have a
fixation with Phillipe. >>

Talking about yourself in the third person again, and again, not
answering direct questions.
April 8, 2004 9:29:27 PM

I bet your family must be proud of what an idiot you are.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 9:33:46 PM

Poor Eric has such a fixation with Phillipe.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 9:34:16 PM

> What a piece of trash.

Eric is still looking ion the mirror.,
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 9:35:52 PM

Eric: He won't elaborate
more because of some "agreement" he has with AT&T's lawyers -- i.e. his
easy way out of answering any questions.
=========================
If you could afford a lawyer, they could explain to
you what a nondisclosure agreement is.
April 8, 2004 9:35:53 PM

Group: alt.cellular.sprintpcs Date: Thu, Apr 8, 2004, 5:35pm (EST+5)
From: cellmerger@aol.com (Cell merger) wrote:
<<If you could afford a lawyer, they could explain to you what a
nondisclosure agreement is.>>

If you could afford some mental help, you would be a lot better off.
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 8:42:22 AM

Cell merger wrote:

> Poor Eric, posting about AT&T in a SprintPCS group. he really does have a
> fixation with Phillipe.

And Cell Merger has a fixtation with Phillipe...opps, same person.
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 8:44:56 AM

Cell merger wrote:

> Eric: He won't elaborate

Talking in the third person again, Phillipe, err..Robert M., err...
Cell Merger...all the same idiot.
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 4:50:20 PM

April 11, 2004 8:26:21 PM

Geez

Sprint Custoner service is poor (I hate the hold times, the few times
I need to call) but so what?

If you want better service you go to Verizon and pay extra for it.
Sprint is cheaper and so you give up something.

As long as you get good cellular service who cares about the hold
times for customer service? Well unless there are major billing
issues, which I don't recall ever having.

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<8xcdc.1139$k05.528@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Cell merger" <cellmerger@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > your lies
> >
> > Those have all been refuted in a previous post, sorry you need to attack
> the
> > messenger and ignore the message.
> >
> > SprintPCS has the worst customer service.
>
> If the service is so bad, which I certainly don't believe it is, I have two
> questions for you Phillipe.
>
> 1) Per your own comments here, SPCS has bent over backwards for you,
> regarding phones and plan prices. You have no complaints with CS, do you?
>
> 2) Why o why do you stay with SPCS, if you have such a problem with these
> focus group polls?
>
> Bob
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 4:23:17 AM

Sorry, but I've been with SPCS since 1998 and not once have I had a problem
by phone or in-person w/Customer Service. This includes plan changes
(recently making an increase in mins effective that day so I wouldn't go
over {as I just cancelled service I also had w/Cingular} with only 4 anytime
mins left), a lost then found phone, buying a new phone and other things. I
don't remember any hold times over 2-3 mins (most shorter) using *2 and
888-211-4PCS. Only had to pay the initial activation fee back in '98.

Chris

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Geez
>

> Sprint Custoner service is poor (I hate the hold times, the few times
> I need to call) but so what?
>
> If you want better service you go to Verizon and pay extra for it.
> Sprint is cheaper and so you give up something.
>
> As long as you get good cellular service who cares about the hold
> times for customer service? Well unless there are major billing
> issues, which I don't recall ever having.
>

> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > "Cell merger" <cellmerger@aol.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Those have all been refuted in a previous post, sorry you need to
attack
> > the
> > > messenger and ignore the message.
> > >
> > > SprintPCS has the worst customer service.
> >
> > If the service is so bad, which I certainly don't believe it is, I have
two
> > questions for you Phillipe.
> >
> > 1) Per your own comments here, SPCS has bent over backwards for you,
> > regarding phones and plan prices. You have no complaints with CS, do
you?

> > 2) Why o why do you stay with SPCS, if you have such a problem with
these
> > focus group polls?
> >
> > Bob
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 4:57:36 AM

"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message news:Vjlec.1296$iq5.882@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
> Sorry, but I've been with SPCS since 1998 and not once have I had a problem
>

>..... Only had to pay the initial activation fee back in '98.
>
> Chris

I signed up with Sprint in 1998, too, but I don't remember paying
any activation fee. Maybe I've just forgotten, though.
---JRC---
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 4:57:37 AM

I remember it was either $12 or $24.

Chris

"John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message

"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message
> Sorry, but I've been with SPCS since 1998 and not once have I had a
problem

>..... Only had to pay the initial activation fee back in '98.
>
> Chris

I signed up with Sprint in 1998, too, but I don't remember paying
any activation fee. Maybe I've just forgotten, though.
---JRC---
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 10:42:01 AM

In article <e0a6369d.0404111526.2b4c767a@posting.google.com>, ronf957
@hotmail.com says...
> Geez
>

> Sprint Custoner service is poor (I hate the hold times, the few times
> I need to call) but so what?
>
> If you want better service you go to Verizon and pay extra for it.
> Sprint is cheaper and so you give up something.
>
> As long as you get good cellular service who cares about the hold
> times for customer service? Well unless there are major billing
> issues, which I don't recall ever having.

We've had long hold times of late for, I think, three major reasons,
and probably a few other less important ones.

Firstly, we changed the way Vision is provisioned. It was an
entirely "backoffice" change, but it was done cold turkey. So far as
I can determine, we *had* to do it, but it cause very significant
problems.

Secondly, we launched Ready Link. While the number of calls on this
was relatively small, it still generated excitement and adoption
among consumer and individual users significantly beyond our
expectations (this is not something we've been told directly. Only
something I've surmised from the way it keeps getting communicated
internally as a business tool).

And, thirdly, we encountered a significantly higher than predicted
call volume over the past 3-4 months. This was a problem for several
reasons, and a couple of them not obvious. In the interest of
brevity, though, I'll simply say we're working on meeting that
volume.

We also launched 2-way SMS, and VideoMail. Business Connection has
been upgraded twice (once just today)... so there's been a fairly
high amount of change in our system at the same time that we launched
two pretty radical changes to our network and introduced several
others also.

It seems to be levelling off now. We've added quite a few new
specialists in our call centers, plus we're in a plateau right now in
terms of any major changes to the services we provide. So I think
we've *finally* caught up with a couple of the major call-drivers,
plus expanded (at least somewhat) our ability to take those calls.

So... now that I've made a short story long, I think, at least for
now, those hold times should be much more under control. Although
the Monday after Easter may be unusually heavy.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <5c0e997129d8ebcb776c9f2767d91de2@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> We've had long hold times of late for, I think, three major reasons,
> and probably a few other less important ones.

Another confession. Some of the other posters here have firmly denied
there are long hold times. Scott of adelphia gets mad at anyone who
suggests SprintPCS has long hold times.
April 12, 2004 2:58:05 PM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-8868CF.05580412042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>...
> In article <5c0e997129d8ebcb776c9f2767d91de2@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > We've had long hold times of late for, I think, three major reasons,
> > and probably a few other less important ones.
>
> Another confession. Some of the other posters here have firmly denied
> there are long hold times. Scott of adelphia gets mad at anyone who
> suggests SprintPCS has long hold times.

Let's add in some of his other pointers, not just your pickings:

> It seems to be levelling off now. We've added quite a few new
> specialists in our call centers, plus we're in a plateau right now in
> terms of any major changes to the services we provide. So I think
> we've *finally* caught up with a couple of the major call-drivers,
> plus expanded (at least somewhat) our ability to take those calls.

Not only that, one should expect longer hold times when new products
and services are launched. That will be true with anybody. In the
past two years, SPrint has launched many new phones, Vision, 3G voice,
ReadyLink, Camera, VideoMail, SMS, picture sharing, etc..
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 3:45:59 PM

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Geez
>

> Sprint Custoner service is poor (I hate the hold times, the few times
> I need to call) but so what?

Ron, just how long ago was it when you called, when you had a long hold
time? I only ask as I called a couple of times these past few months, to
finetune my plan, and to get some additional details for phone rebates, for
my three phones, and my wait time was negligible. Longest hold time was a
minute or less.

Bob
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 4:08:32 PM

"John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message

"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message
> Sorry, but I've been with SPCS since 1998 and not once have I had a
problem

>..... Only had to pay the initial activation fee back in '98.
>
> Chris

I signed up with Sprint in 1998, too, but I don't remember paying
any activation fee. Maybe I've just forgotten, though.
---JRC---

I don't believe SPCS started charging activation fees till 2000 or so.

Bob
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 7:02:22 PM

In article <7e761144.0404120646.7ee05793@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> Not only that, one should expect longer hold times when new products
> and services are launched.

I AGREE.

But, it just proves how customer unfriendly SprintPCS is. If you can
predict events (ReadyLink rollout, Easter week) that will create more
calls to customer support, well guess what, you schedule more folks on
the phone !

Every time Microsoft introduces a new version of Windows they staff up
their phone support.

You cancel vacations, you schedule some overtime if you have to, you
hire Kelly Girls, you have managers on the phones. YOU PLAN AHEAD.

Microsoft does what it takes, SprintPCS doesn't, and then gives its
Executives giant bonuses for not planning.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 7:55:00 PM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> Another confession. Some of the other posters here have firmly denied
> there are long hold times. Scott of adelphia gets mad at anyone who
> suggests SprintPCS has long hold times.

Funny- none of my posts seem to mention hold time. Do you mind pointing
these out to me? The only ones I see deal with handle time- if you knew
what you were talking about, you'd realize they are different.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:09:03 PM

In article <rmarkoff-8868CF.05580412042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> Another confession. Some of the other posters here have firmly denied
> there are long hold times. Scott of adelphia gets mad at anyone who
> suggests SprintPCS has long hold times.

That isn't what he's done, but thank you for another incompetent
attempt at fiction.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <rmarkoff-3A3D3A.10022112042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> But, it just proves how customer unfriendly SprintPCS is. If you can
> predict events (ReadyLink rollout, Easter week) that will create more
> calls to customer support, well guess what, you schedule more folks on
> the phone !
>
> Every time Microsoft introduces a new version of Windows they staff up
> their phone support.
>
> You cancel vacations, you schedule some overtime if you have to, you
> hire Kelly Girls, you have managers on the phones. YOU PLAN AHEAD.
>
> Microsoft does what it takes, SprintPCS doesn't, and then gives its
> Executives giant bonuses for not planning.

It's really interesting to watch you prattle on with your lack of
information, liar.

NOWHERE did I say we didn't already ramp up the number of reps,
Philly. I *did* say we underestimated a couple of the factors I
mentioned. This is just another in a long line of examples of you
drawing conclusions for which you have no basis in logic.
--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <0e9d77c75bcdcf1db6541fb1e5dcc894@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-8868CF.05580412042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
> rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > Another confession. Some of the other posters here have firmly denied
> > there are long hold times. Scott of adelphia gets mad at anyone who
> > suggests SprintPCS has long hold times.
> >

> That isn't what he's done, but thank you for another incompetent
> attempt at fiction.

LIAR: He's the proof he has:

From: Scott Stephenson (scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net)
Re: SprintPCS has worst Customer Service View: Complete Thread (43
articles)
Original FormatNewsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Date: 2004-04-10 09:16:30 PST

....it's improved dramatically- the number
of posts here about bad CS and long hold times have dropped dramatically
over the last six months.

You admit hold times are bad recently, and Scott doesn't and as recently
as last week.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:26:53 PM

> In article <0e9d77c75bcdcf1db6541fb1e5dcc894@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <rmarkoff-8868CF.05580412042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
> > rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > > Another confession. Some of the other posters here have firmly denied
> > > there are long hold times. Scott of adelphia gets mad at anyone who
> > > suggests SprintPCS has long hold times.
> > >

> > That isn't what he's done, but thank you for another incompetent
> > attempt at fiction.
> >

> LIAR: He's the proof he has:
>
> From: Scott Stephenson (scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net)
> Re: SprintPCS has worst Customer Service View: Complete Thread (43
> articles)
> Original FormatNewsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
> Date: 2004-04-10 09:16:30 PST
>

> ....it's improved dramatically- the number
> of posts here about bad CS and long hold times have dropped dramatically
> over the last six months.
>

> You admit hold times are bad recently, and Scott doesn't and as recently
> as last week.

And I will stand by me statement- at the end of last year, hold times were
dramatically longer than they are today. There has been a dramatic drop,
and nowhere did I comment on the acceptability of the hold time today. You
see, Phil- two can play your childish little games.

BTW- you should have completed the post, and not just snipped out of it. I
believe you have been chastizing people for this today- practice what you
preach.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:27:37 PM

In article <d259a1dbfeed0e1bc7f8a1e1c2de3142@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-3A3D3A.10022112042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
> rmarkoff@msn.com says...

In article <7e761144.0404120646.7ee05793@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

>>> Not only that, one should expect longer hold times when new products
>>> and services are launched.

>> I AGREE.
> > But, it just proves how customer unfriendly SprintPCS is. If you can
> > predict events (ReadyLink rollout, Easter week) that will create more
> > calls to customer support, well guess what, you schedule more folks on
> > the phone !
> >
> > Every time Microsoft introduces a new version of Windows they staff up
> > their phone support.
> >
> > You cancel vacations, you schedule some overtime if you have to, you
> > hire Kelly Girls, you have managers on the phones. YOU PLAN AHEAD.
> >
> > Microsoft does what it takes, SprintPCS doesn't, and then gives its
> > Executives giant bonuses for not planning.
> >

> It's really interesting to watch you prattle on with your lack of
> information, liar.
>
> NOWHERE did I say we didn't already ramp up the number of reps,
> I *did* say we underestimated a couple of the factors I
> mentioned. This is just another in a long line of examples of you
> drawing conclusions for which you have no basis in logic.

Make sure you leave out what I am referenceing.

If you still have a problem, then you haven't done enough, have you?
And you just admitted that you "underestimated", another way of saying
Poor Prior Planning, which is what I was talking about. So if we agree
on that how am I a liar???
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:32:23 PM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <0e9d77c75bcdcf1db6541fb1e5dcc894@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <rmarkoff-8868CF.05580412042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
> > rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > > Another confession. Some of the other posters here have firmly denied
> > > there are long hold times. Scott of adelphia gets mad at anyone who
> > > suggests SprintPCS has long hold times.
> > >

> > That isn't what he's done, but thank you for another incompetent
> > attempt at fiction.
> >

> LIAR: He's the proof he has:
>
> From: Scott Stephenson (scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net)
> Re: SprintPCS has worst Customer Service View: Complete Thread (43
> articles)
> Original FormatNewsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
> Date: 2004-04-10 09:16:30 PST
>

> ....it's improved dramatically- the number
> of posts here about bad CS and long hold times have dropped dramatically
> over the last six months.
>

> You admit hold times are bad recently, and Scott doesn't and as recently
> as last week.

Here's the way the original quote was posted, in its entirety, and in
response to one of your rants:

"Based on your way of gathering facts, it's improved dramatically- the
number
of posts here about bad CS and long hold times have dropped dramatically
over thelast six months."

You should have included the whole post. But you couldn't- it needed to be
altered to fit your needs. And, it was not a stement of fact by me, but a
slam on you, you idiot.
April 13, 2004 2:40:45 AM

Bob,

I was in Puerto Rico last December and had to call customer service.
I held and held and held and held. I tried several times for a few
days before I finally gave up. I must have been on hold for 10-15
minutes each try. I likely tried 3 times of a 3 day period. Again
was I happy no, did I care enough to change to Verizon, apparently
not. I can't recall the last time I hit *2 (or is it *4) and wanted
to talk to a person.

You know, usually I fly international I go business class, recently I
flew coach. I love the room and service in business but coach was
$2000 and business class would have been around $8000 (typically the
customer has no issue with me flying business class but this one
did). If you pay the premium you get the service.

Ron

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<Xjvec.6636$A_4.6279@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Geez
> >

> > Sprint Custoner service is poor (I hate the hold times, the few times
> > I need to call) but so what?
>
> Ron, just how long ago was it when you called, when you had a long hold
> time? I only ask as I called a couple of times these past few months, to
> finetune my plan, and to get some additional details for phone rebates, for
> my three phones, and my wait time was negligible. Longest hold time was a
> minute or less.
>
> Bob
April 13, 2004 2:44:24 AM

I recall when I first got Sprint, can't recall 97, 98 and had to call
for credit it was horrible. They came to Phx with this super super
great deal ($75 fopr 1500 minutes) and oversold the market after a few
months they where dropping calls like crazy. I don't think I was
getting free L/D then I was not happy about paying for a toll call
that kept getting dropped.

O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:<5c0e997129d8ebcb776c9f2767d91de2@news.teranews.com>...
> In article <e0a6369d.0404111526.2b4c767a@posting.google.com>, ronf957
> @hotmail.com says...
> > Geez
> >

> > Sprint Custoner service is poor (I hate the hold times, the few times
> > I need to call) but so what?
> >
> > If you want better service you go to Verizon and pay extra for it.
> > Sprint is cheaper and so you give up something.
> >
> > As long as you get good cellular service who cares about the hold
> > times for customer service? Well unless there are major billing
> > issues, which I don't recall ever having.
> >

> We've had long hold times of late for, I think, three major reasons,
> and probably a few other less important ones.
>
> Firstly, we changed the way Vision is provisioned. It was an
> entirely "backoffice" change, but it was done cold turkey. So far as
> I can determine, we *had* to do it, but it cause very significant
> problems.
>
> Secondly, we launched Ready Link. While the number of calls on this
> was relatively small, it still generated excitement and adoption
> among consumer and individual users significantly beyond our
> expectations (this is not something we've been told directly. Only
> something I've surmised from the way it keeps getting communicated
> internally as a business tool).
>
> And, thirdly, we encountered a significantly higher than predicted
> call volume over the past 3-4 months. This was a problem for several
> reasons, and a couple of them not obvious. In the interest of
> brevity, though, I'll simply say we're working on meeting that
> volume.
>
> We also launched 2-way SMS, and VideoMail. Business Connection has
> been upgraded twice (once just today)... so there's been a fairly
> high amount of change in our system at the same time that we launched
> two pretty radical changes to our network and introduced several
> others also.
>
> It seems to be levelling off now. We've added quite a few new
> specialists in our call centers, plus we're in a plateau right now in
> terms of any major changes to the services we provide. So I think
> we've *finally* caught up with a couple of the major call-drivers,
> plus expanded (at least somewhat) our ability to take those calls.
>
> So... now that I've made a short story long, I think, at least for
> now, those hold times should be much more under control. Although
> the Monday after Easter may be unusually heavy.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 5:03:15 AM

In article <0aem70h6ec92d34056rbqpk94v7eup6mek@4ax.com>,
Joe <kissmya_s@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Here we go again, another........xxxxx {obscenities deleted)

Sorry your filthy langiage do not make SprintPCS any better. It has the
worst Customer Service and is still a money losing proposition.

But thanks for demonstrating your juvenile behavior which has been duly
reported to Comcast re: IP # 24.60.187.200
April 13, 2004 9:49:45 AM

O/Siris wrote:

> So... now that I've made a short story long, I think, at least for
> now, those hold times should be much more under control. Although
> the Monday after Easter may be unusually heavy.

Thanks for the informative post. I had to make four calls on Monday -
longest wait time was three and a half minutes.

-mike
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 10:31:53 AM

In article <rmarkoff-192283.11273612042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> And you just admitted that you "underestimated", another way of saying
> Poor Prior Planning,

What utter and illogical hogwash.

The unexpected has been known to happen, even with proper planning,
Phillie.

More fiction writing from you.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Robert M. <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote:

> Sorry your filthy langiage do not make SprintPCS any better. It has the
> worst Customer Service and is still a money losing proposition.

You're still a hypocrite and a liar and you still avoid questions, little boy.