record acoustic guitar

Last response: in Home Audio
January 14, 2005 12:14:19 AM

i really enjoy the raw and beautifully natural sounds from dashboard
confessionals acoustic songs. do any of you have any great tips for me
to use. i've very new to recording...i can use anything from, good mics
and guitars, to detailed techniques. I have an ibanez aw100, and i
record with my computer, i use cubase sx. thanks for any helps!

More about : record acoustic guitar

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 6:40:32 AM

> i really enjoy the raw and beautifully natural sounds from dashboard
> confessionals acoustic songs. do any of you have any great tips for me
> to use. i've very new to recording...i can use anything from, good mics
> and guitars, to detailed techniques. I have an ibanez aw100, and i
> record with my computer, i use cubase sx. thanks for any helps!

Take a pair of small diaphram condensers (ie Rode NT5's) and place them one
over the other separated by 12-18" pointed inwards so they form a 90 degree
angle to each other, both pointed at the strings. The point of focus should
lie somewhere between the soundhole and the 12th fret.
!