How to reinstall windows 7

icyshark

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
Hello,
I just built my computer and things are really pissing me off. I can't install steam and I was optimizing things for my SSD and the internet doesn't work and it took me a long time to fix that so I just want to start over and delete every single thing from my ssd and hdd(which i couldn't even install things on after i initalized it) and then install windows 7 so how do i do that?

Solution
Excellent! I am with you brother. Today's motto should be: ReInstall Windows!

Ok, the answer you want is:

1) Go to Bios (del or f1 key during bootup screen)
2) Find a section where boot priority etc. is and switch to CD ROM as the first device. Save and exit.
3) Pop in the Wonderful Windows disk and restart.
4) let it boot to setup and choose the options where you can delete partition etc.
5) Make your partition size and install windows.
6) Go to Starbucks and buy yourself a nice drink and relax.
Please read my thread: Tips for SSD User

I suggest you Secure Erase the SSD before re-install. Even if it's not an OCZ SSD, create the bootable Linux USB Drive from the OCZ website, or use "Parted Magic" Secure Erase tool. They are almost the same.

You can use the same for the HDD, but it'll take a long time. You could just format the HDD to "blank" it.

tester321

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Excellent! I am with you brother. Today's motto should be: ReInstall Windows!

Ok, the answer you want is:

1) Go to Bios (del or f1 key during bootup screen)
2) Find a section where boot priority etc. is and switch to CD ROM as the first device. Save and exit.
3) Pop in the Wonderful Windows disk and restart.
4) let it boot to setup and choose the options where you can delete partition etc.
5) Make your partition size and install windows.
6) Go to Starbucks and buy yourself a nice drink and relax.

Solution