Two Connections

Hi, was wondering if it's possible to connect to the Internet using
both my regular dial up modem and my Sprint phone (VM4500) ?

I have successfully connected both at the same time but only one
works at a time. Is there a software to join both connections
at the same time ?

Thanks!

--
.... Armando Silva
Using XanaNews Reader 1.16.2.2 - XP Pro SP1

In article <1079dd6fsqbgjb4@corp.supernews.com>,
armasilva@softhome.net says...
> Hi, was wondering if it's possible to connect to the Internet using
> both my regular dial up modem and my Sprint phone (VM4500) ?
>
> I have successfully connected both at the same time but only one
> works at a time. Is there a software to join both connections
> at the same time ?
>
> Thanks!

In short, no. At least, I'm 95% sure it's no. The two connections
have different IP schemes, different routing, etc. Depending upon
what operating system you use, it's possible to use a technology
called (I think) shotgun to put two modem connections together for
increased bandwidth. However, you'd have to use the same ISP for
each connection, and the ISP has to support that kind of connection.

And we don't.

--
RØß
O/Siris

O/Siris wrote:

> In article <1079dd6fsqbgjb4@corp.supernews.com>,
> armasilva@softhome.net says...
> > Hi, was wondering if it's possible to connect to the Internet using
> > both my regular dial up modem and my Sprint phone (VM4500) ?
> >
> > I have successfully connected both at the same time but only one
> > works at a time. Is there a software to join both connections
> > at the same time ?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> In short, no. At least, I'm 95% sure it's no. The two connections
> have different IP schemes, different routing, etc. Depending upon
> what operating system you use, it's possible to use a technology
> called (I think) shotgun to put two modem connections together for
> increased bandwidth. However, you'd have to use the same ISP for
> each connection, and the ISP has to support that kind of connection.
>
> And we don't.

I have Win XP and does have a MultiLink option available but
I have been messing with oit with no luck, maybe there is a 'special'
way to do it ?

--

In article <107bigbik6hombf@corp.supernews.com>,
"Armando Silva" <armasilva@softhome.net> wrote:

> O/Siris wrote:
>
> > In article <1079dd6fsqbgjb4@corp.supernews.com>,
> > armasilva@softhome.net says...
> > > Hi, was wondering if it's possible to connect to the Internet using
> > > both my regular dial up modem and my Sprint phone (VM4500) ?
> > >
> > > I have successfully connected both at the same time but only one
> > > works at a time. Is there a software to join both connections
> > > at the same time ?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >

> > In short, no. At least, I'm 95% sure it's no. The two connections
> > have different IP schemes, different routing, etc. Depending upon
> > what operating system you use, it's possible to use a technology
> > called (I think) shotgun to put two modem connections together for
> > increased bandwidth. However, you'd have to use the same ISP for
> > each connection, and the ISP has to support that kind of connection.
> >
> > And we don't.
>
> I have Win XP and does have a MultiLink option available but
> I have been messing with oit with no luck, maybe there is a 'special'
> way to do it ?

I believe the previous answer should have convinced you its not possible
with SprintPCS as one of your connections.

Um, no.
You need to have the two end points of the other side meet at the same RAS
server/connections point in order for MLPPP to work.

ISP's *do not* have bridge tunnels between them over the internet. They
route. They don't bridge.

IOW, you have to dial into the same RAS server ( or server cluster ) using
the same ISP in order for this to work.
If you have two Phone via SprintPCS, you can hope that they have MLPPP
enabled on their side and try *that* out.
Other than that, nope, not gonna work. ;-)

Scotty