Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
I've been using my new system for about a week now, and on occasion I've noticed that the top of the case (near the front at least) is rather warm to the touch. I suspect it's the simply the case material, but I want to check with people who'd know.

If I'm leaving something out here that matters, just let me know:
Antec 1080AMG case (430W Truepower)
P4/2.4
Radeon 9500 Pro
WD 800JB

RobD

Champion
Hmm, I've seen this on a friends comp. Top of the case was quite warm, yet he'd got GPU/PSU/case fans all running. Problem was where it was situated. The case was in a desk that had access only from the front. Only had approx .5 inch either on either side, and had almost no open space at the rear.

The heat he was feeling was the case and psu fan venting, but as it had nowhere to go, was coming back over the top of the case in the only available way out.

I'm not saying that this is the problem, but it isn't going to cost any to check. Though it was worth sharing anyway!

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
That's exactly what's happening. I guess my question now is, is it necessary to change the setup? It's not going to be easy, and if the parts are ok (no overclocking or anything here) I'll leave it alone.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
dont fix what aint broken. if your not having stability problems dont worry about it.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!