• Internet
  • Connection
  • Limited Connectivity
  • Computers
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 28, 2012 10:15:23 PM

Hello,
I've been having trouble connecting my computer to my wireless network. Lets start with what up...other computer connect to the network wirelessly, thus the router is not the issue. The computer will also connect to other wireless networks (just no this one). The problem is this... I either cannot connect to the internet at all, have limited or no connectivity (this is the must common), or i can connect to the internet but it is very slow and goes back to limited connectivity within 30 minutes, or i will be connected to the internet but nothing will load.

I have tried everything i can think of to fix the problem: updated drivers, reset router, check to make sure internet protocol is set to automatically obtain, tcp/ip resets, winsock repair.

When i did the tcp/ip reset and winsock repair the internet worked for about 30 minutes, but it was still kinda slow but it reset to limited connectivity and then it says connected but nothing loads.

If anyone knows how to fix this please please please help. I am completely lost...

More about : limited connectivity problems

December 28, 2012 10:50:42 PM

Is your computer a laptop or desktop ?
For testing pupouses can you connect this computer to your wireless router by ethernet cable ?
m
l
December 28, 2012 10:55:01 PM

inzone said:
Is your computer a laptop or desktop ?
For testing pupouses can you connect this computer to your wireless router by ethernet cable ?

It is a desktop. I can connect it to the router but not right now.
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 11:00:46 PM

Connecting to the router by an ethernet cable would narrow the search down and you could then focus on just the wireless adapter and the SSID broadcast.
Are you using the wireless N fequency and either the 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz ?
You can try changing the channel on the router in the frequency that your using.
If you go into the routers settings and under wireless and basic wireless settings you will see that each band has a channel selection.
Are you using a dual band router ? What model and brand ?
m
l
December 28, 2012 11:05:20 PM

I have tried using different channels with no luck. It is using N at 2.4. It is not a dual band router. It is a Belkin router not sure the model.
m
l
!