EverDark is alive and well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverDark is a pretty cool mud, but there aren't as many players as
there used to be. Have they all gone the way of graphical muds, etc?

This place is well-written and all original (well, except for maybe the
name of the pub). And it's one of the few muds where you don't have to
eat and drink to stay alive.

There's an entry for EverDark on mudconnect.com

You can connect to EverDark at everdark.org 3000

There's a newbie tour guide named Nyame. After you take the tour, have
a stroll through the newbie garden.

There are numerous guilds there, and EverDark also has a Nobility
system. And you don't have to be PK here (also known as being
Xalinteron or, Xal for short.

The quests are well-written and challenging.

Role-playing is not enforced, but many folks do.

Most all equipment is saved. Reboot happens, on the average, once a
month, give or take.

EverDark has been around for quite some time; the early to mid 90's.

The help files are pretty easy to understand too, and as always, I'd
recommend reading them.

There also a number of mud clients out there, and here is one for your
perusal: http://simplemu.onlineroleplay.com/

So come visit at everdark.org 3000 and try it out for a few days. Ask
questions. Most folks are helpful there.

And remember, the help files are your friend. :)

everdark.org 3000

If any other past EverDarkians read this then know that I wish with every idle second that the mud was back up, there's no other that's as well put together as EverDark.

This is Thokar btw for those that remember. As I remember, and before I forget I'll just recount what happened in the last bit of ED's existence. I believe the mud had went down once or twice for several days without being rebooted back up. Something happened where whoever was in charge (skywise I thought) was tired of running it and they just let it stop instead of passing it on to someone that would keep it going. For a while, Becky, Xab, Talen, Eldridge, Sapphron, me/Thokar as well as about a dozen other people had no idea what was going on and were just waiting for it to come back. Then some of us moved to trying to reproduce our favorite game, quickly saw that wasn't going to work. You can't rebuild decade of perfection in any kind of realistic time. Anyways heard through the grapevine that negotiations were underway to get the 'box' or whatever moved to Colorado I thought so Xab could run it or at least get it back up and going and that was last I heard on it, months ago.

If there is anyone that would be able to get ED going again I personally, would really appreciate ya resurrecting my favorite passtime and allowing me to adventure in the Realm again.

BTW chrystalis how's Javea doing? Heard anything from Shadowblade or Jareth lately?