Raid Array as Drive F:?

Steve_in_VA

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
I built a computer with the Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra mobo and set up two hard drives in a RAID 1 array running XP. The array turned out to be drive F: (drive C: is a zip disk on IDE 1). Everything works fine (except for my wife's stupid realtor software that insists on installing to C:), but I was wondering if this is normal for the Promise "Lite" controller, or did I miss a step somewhere?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Well try to change them...
Go into drive management and rename the drive letters then reboot, see if you can get the boot drive/array as C:

ive had no probs rearranging my drives, but then again im only using standard IDE on the raid channels.

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Correct me if I'm wrong, I guess the boot order of drives in main bios will also affect how the drive letters are assigned. For Gigabyte mobos /w Award bios, the boot order should be SCSI first then other drives like zip drive, etc. Note that SCSI is treated as RAID by Award in this case.

Steve_in_VA

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
If I try to change my drive letters now, won't that screw up the software? Don't the various installed programs expect to find their files in folders on F:?