amusing dungeon lords bug to have fun with

Yeah, the game has major problems but I have nothing else new to play
and I _hate_ not playing through a game I bought, so I am still
playing this one. Actually I like it a lot in ways, if they had
worked on it longer it could have been a fantastic game. Oh well.

If you go to the inventory screen and stay there, several things can
happen. One is that magic and life recharge while you are on that
screen. Another thing which I have been having fun with is that
although nothing can attack you, enemies still spawn. Earlier I was
fighting Moonbeasts for experience when the phone rang. I hit E to go
to the inventory screen so I could answer the phone and I ended up
doing something else and came back to the game probably twenty or
thirty minutes later. There were at least twenty Moonbeasts waiting
for me, along with some Giant Spiders. It can be fun to leave the game
alone this way and come back later to find huge mobs to fight. Of
course it is wise to save before doing this. =)

Another thing I noticed is that although they will cross water when
you do, most enemies will not follow you INTO water if you stay there.
Go to the middle of a stream and that huge pack of wolves will wait
patiently on the shore while you pick them off with a bow. However if
you go across the stream and get back on land, they will follow you.

On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:50:45 -0500, weretable and the undead chairs
<weretable@were.diningroom> wrote:

>Yeah, the game has major problems but I have nothing else new to play
>and I _hate_ not playing through a game I bought, so I am still
>playing this one. Actually I like it a lot in ways, if they had
>worked on it longer it could have been a fantastic game. Oh well.
>
>If you go to the inventory screen and stay there, several things can
>happen. One is that magic and life recharge while you are on that
>screen. Another thing which I have been having fun with is that
>although nothing can attack you, enemies still spawn. Earlier I was
>fighting Moonbeasts for experience when the phone rang. I hit E to go
>to the inventory screen so I could answer the phone and I ended up
>doing something else and came back to the game probably twenty or
>thirty minutes later. There were at least twenty Moonbeasts waiting
>for me, along with some Giant Spiders. It can be fun to leave the game
>alone this way and come back later to find huge mobs to fight. Of
>course it is wise to save before doing this. =)

I've done this before and got raped by about 30 wolves! LOL

>Another thing I noticed is that although they will cross water when
>you do, most enemies will not follow you INTO water if you stay there.
>Go to the middle of a stream and that huge pack of wolves will wait
>patiently on the shore while you pick them off with a bow. However if
>you go across the stream and get back on land, they will follow you.

They will also follow you if you cross a river for instance and stand on the
far bank so it's not as if they can't swim.