WPA with adapter MN-520?

I am trying to get a Windows XP home edition laptop with a
MS MN-520 notebook wireless adapter on to a WPA-PSK
protected wifi network.

Does anybody know if this adapter is even able to use WPA?

One microsoft site says "no", but this might be out of
date?:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/05_byProductType.aspx?type=NotebookAdapter

Vendors who are selling the card say it does support it:
http://www.broadband-warehouse.ca/product.asp?pr=MN-520

What's the verdict? Has anybody been able to make MN-520
work with WPA?

-Chris

p.s. I feel I have done all the necessary XP updating.
Here's what I have done.
I have already installed the following, but there is still
no "WPA-PSK" option in the Windows pull down menu under
advanced settings for wireless networking. (It's still WEP
only)

3 things installed:
1) WindowsXP-KB826942-x86-ENU.exe (Update 826942, wireless
update roll up for windows XP: I even confirmed that this
installed sucessfully, by checking that registry keys for
this update worked)
2)Q815485_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe (Windows XP Support Patch for
Wi-Fi Protected Access)
3) mn520_100.exe (Adapter installer: I tried reinstalling
the adpapter only when the above didn't work)

I just noticed in another post, that they were sucessful
in getting WPA (although not on a MN-520) to work when
they removed Hotfix Q815485. I will try that when I get
home.

Here's the link:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.as
p?
ICP=mscom&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.broadbandnet.
hardware&sMessageID=%253Cf24901c43dbf%25248b90b160%
2524a401280a@phx.gbl%253E

OK, I tried all this and it didn't work. Anyone else
having problems with WPA and MN-520's?

Chris

joker

Download the auto install for any of the routers that will upgrade the
firmware in the MN-510. Then you will be able to use WPA with it.

TRENDING THREADS