Sanyo VM4500 USB Data Cable Drivers

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on the
way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
Sanyo VM4500.


Thanks in advance
20 answers Last reply
More about sanyo vm4500 data cable drivers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Chris Bayer" <chrisbayer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    news:iGmdc.219839$1p.2560174@attbi_s54...
    >I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on the
    > way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
    > Sanyo VM4500.


    http://www.sanyo.com/consumer/communications/usb_driver_install.htm

    I've used this driver with my VM4500 as well as my friend's 8100. I'm sure
    it will work with other Sanyo phones as well.

    --stebnz
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <iGmdc.219839$1p.2560174@attbi_s54>,
    "Chris Bayer" <chrisbayer@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on the
    > way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
    > Sanyo VM4500.
    >
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    http://store.sanyousa.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm/ID/136
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 01:06:22 GMT
    "Chris Bayer" <chrisbayer@insightbb.com> wrote:

    > I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on the
    > way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
    > Sanyo VM4500.
    >
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    >

    the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
    4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
    fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:

    > the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
    > 4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?

    A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    The drivers are unique to your PC not your phone. I have the same 2 phones
    you do and the same driver works for both of them.


    "Chris Bayer" <chrisbayer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    news:iGmdc.219839$1p.2560174@attbi_s54...
    > I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on
    the
    > way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
    > Sanyo VM4500.
    >
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just fine. I
    have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
    Internet.

    Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    news:rmarkoff-085576.05200409042004@news6.west.earthlink.net...
    > In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
    > fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
    >
    > > the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to
    connect hte
    > > 4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
    >
    > A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:
    > In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
    > fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
    >>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
    >
    >
    > A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.

    Are you sure? The title refers to the VM4500, AKA Sanyo SCP-5500:

    http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-5500.htm

    So, if the poster is referring to that phone, which seems likely, I
    suspect there would be no problems sharing a cable used on the SCP-4900:

    http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-4900.htm

    or SCP=7300/RL7300:

    http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-7300.htm

    If, when saying "4500" the poster is talking about the Sanyo SCP-4500:

    http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/previous_models/scp-4500.htm

    Then you would be correct, that cable will not be compatible - you can
    verify this at:

    http://www.futuredial.com/Products/P_Cables.htm

    The SCP-4900, SCP-7300/RL7300 and SCP-5500/VM4500 use cable #1 while the
    SCP-4500 uses cable #17.

    -mike
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:29:48 GMT
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Robert M. wrote:
    > > In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
    > > fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect
    > >hte>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
    > >
    > >
    > > A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
    >
    > Are you sure? The title refers to the VM4500, AKA Sanyo SCP-5500:
    >
    > http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-5500.htm
    >
    > So, if the poster is referring to that phone, which seems likely, I
    > suspect there would be no problems sharing a cable used on the SCP-4900:
    >
    > http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-4900.htm
    >
    > or SCP=7300/RL7300:
    >
    > http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-7300.htm
    >
    > If, when saying "4500" the poster is talking about the Sanyo SCP-4500:
    >
    > http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/previous_models/scp-4500.htm
    >
    > Then you would be correct, that cable will not be compatible - you can
    > verify this at:
    >
    > http://www.futuredial.com/Products/P_Cables.htm
    >
    > The SCP-4900, SCP-7300/RL7300 and SCP-5500/VM4500 use cable #1 while the
    > SCP-4500 uses cable #17.
    >
    > -mike
    >

    yah i meant VM4500, sorry. but the cable in question is the one that will
    connect my 7300 to a PDA. so the cable for the SCP4900 is teh same one for the
    RL7300?
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    fusQuanto wrote:

    > On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:29:48 GMT
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Robert M. wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
    >>> fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect
    >>>
    >>>hte>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
    >>
    >>Are you sure? The title refers to the VM4500, AKA Sanyo SCP-5500:
    >>
    >>http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-5500.htm
    >>
    >>So, if the poster is referring to that phone, which seems likely, I
    >>suspect there would be no problems sharing a cable used on the SCP-4900:
    >>
    >>http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-4900.htm
    >>
    >>or SCP=7300/RL7300:
    >>
    >>http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/scp-7300.htm
    >>
    >>If, when saying "4500" the poster is talking about the Sanyo SCP-4500:
    >>
    >>http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/previous_models/scp-4500.htm
    >>
    >>Then you would be correct, that cable will not be compatible - you can
    >>verify this at:
    >>
    >>http://www.futuredial.com/Products/P_Cables.htm
    >>
    >>The SCP-4900, SCP-7300/RL7300 and SCP-5500/VM4500 use cable #1 while the
    >>SCP-4500 uses cable #17.
    >>
    >>-mike
    >>
    >
    >
    > yah i meant VM4500, sorry. but the cable in question is the one that will
    > connect my 7300 to a PDA. so the cable for the SCP4900 is teh same one for the
    > RL7300?
    >

    I don't see why not - we are talking about the same connector at the
    phone's end.
    -mike
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <107deod6ungoi9d@corp.supernews.com>,
    "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:

    > the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
    > 4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?

    A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.

    > Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just fine. I
    > have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
    > Internet.
    >
    > Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.

    Do your homework, The 4900 cable will not work on a Sanyo 4500, which is
    different than the VM4500.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > In article <107deod6ungoi9d@corp.supernews.com>,
    > "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to connect hte
    >>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
    >
    >
    > A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
    >
    >
    >>Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just fine. I
    >>have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
    >>Internet.
    >>
    >>Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.
    >
    >
    > Do your homework, The 4900 cable will not work on a Sanyo 4500, which is
    > different than the VM4500.


    Kids, relax!

    VM4500 is in the title!

    VM4500 cable = good.

    SCP-4500 cable = bad.

    Argh!

    -mike
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Folks,

    I have the package my cable came in. It subborts the following phones.

    Sanyo Models - 4900, 5300, 8100, RL2000, RL2500 and VM 4500. I hope this
    clears it up.


    "Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
    news:ydzdc.2469$k05.298@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    > Robert M. wrote:
    >
    > > In article <107deod6ungoi9d@corp.supernews.com>,
    > > "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to
    connect hte
    > >>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
    > >
    > >
    > > A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
    > >
    > >
    > >>Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just
    fine. I
    > >>have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
    > >>Internet.
    > >>
    > >>Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.
    > >
    > >
    > > Do your homework, The 4900 cable will not work on a Sanyo 4500, which is
    > > different than the VM4500.
    >
    >
    > Kids, relax!
    >
    > VM4500 is in the title!
    >
    > VM4500 cable = good.
    >
    > SCP-4500 cable = bad.
    >
    > Argh!
    >
    > -mike
    >
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <107dv0531qo4qba@corp.supernews.com>,
    "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > I have the package my cable came in. It subborts the following phones.
    >
    > Sanyo Models - 4900, 5300, 8100, RL2000, RL2500 and VM 4500. I hope this
    > clears it up.

    and the 7300, but not a Sanyo 4500 or 4700.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    did you just get the computer cable or the pda cable? if you got the pda
    cable where did u get it from?


    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:35:37-0400"John"
    <nospam.jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > I have the package my cable came in. It subborts the following phones.
    >
    > Sanyo Models - 4900, 5300, 8100, RL2000, RL2500 and VM 4500. I hope this
    > clears it up.
    >
    >
    > "Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
    > news:ydzdc.2469$k05.298@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    > > Robert M. wrote:
    > >
    > > > In article <107deod6ungoi9d@corp.supernews.com>,
    > > > "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >>the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to
    > connect hte
    > > >>4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >>Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just
    > fine. I
    > > >>have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
    > > >>Internet.
    > > >>
    > > >>Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Do your homework, The 4900 cable will not work on a Sanyo 4500, which is
    > > > different than the VM4500.
    > >
    > >
    > > Kids, relax!
    > >
    > > VM4500 is in the title!
    > >
    > > VM4500 cable = good.
    > >
    > > SCP-4500 cable = bad.
    > >
    > > Argh!
    > >
    > > -mike
    > >
    >
    >
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rmarkoff-E32595.15383609042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
    rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > In article <107dv0531qo4qba@corp.supernews.com>,
    > "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Folks,
    > >
    > > I have the package my cable came in. It subborts the following phones.
    > >
    > > Sanyo Models - 4900, 5300, 8100, RL2000, RL2500 and VM 4500. I hope this
    > > clears it up.
    >
    > and the 7300, but not a Sanyo 4500 or 4700.
    >

    Interesting, Phillie. Really.

    Of course, it's answering a question no one is asking. But it's
    interesting.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    where did you get the drivers for the VM4500 without paying for them, i
    already have the cable


    "John" <nospam.jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote in message
    news:107deod6ungoi9d@corp.supernews.com...
    > Wrong. The 4900 Cable will indeed work on a VM4500 / SCP-5500 just fine.
    I
    > have both phones and use the same cable almost every day to access the
    > Internet.
    >
    > Do your homework before distributing the wrong information.
    >
    > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > news:rmarkoff-085576.05200409042004@news6.west.earthlink.net...
    > > In article <20040408223434.00c36197.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
    > > fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > the 4900 cable works with that fone? does that mean teh cable to
    > connect hte
    > > > 4900 to the PDA's will work for the 4500? and the 7300 too?
    > >
    > > A 4900 cable will work with a 7300, but not a 4500.
    >
    >
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Thanks a lot John and everyone else that has gave their input :)


    "John" <nospam.jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote in message
    news:107delkrljsaref@corp.supernews.com...
    > The drivers are unique to your PC not your phone. I have the same 2
    phones
    > you do and the same driver works for both of them.
    >
    >
    > "Chris Bayer" <chrisbayer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > news:iGmdc.219839$1p.2560174@attbi_s54...
    > > I have the usb data cable for my Sanyo 4900, I have the Sanyo VM4500 on
    > the
    > > way can someone please give me a link to obtain the usb drivers for the
    > > Sanyo VM4500.
    > >
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <fe60f07ae8db5bf0d31d9f030c506cb5@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <robjvargas@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <rmarkoff-E32595.15383609042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
    > rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > > In article <107dv0531qo4qba@corp.supernews.com>,
    > > "John" <jhobbs@indiatimes.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Folks,
    > > >
    > > > I have the package my cable came in. It subborts the following phones.
    > > >
    > > > Sanyo Models - 4900, 5300, 8100, RL2000, RL2500 and VM 4500. I hope this
    > > > clears it up.
    > >
    > > and the 7300, but not a Sanyo 4500 or 4700.
    > >
    >
    > Interesting. Really.
    >
    > Of course, it's answering a question no one is asking. But it's
    > interesting.

    And you always butt into threads with your insults, name calling, and
    diversions.

    This whole thread has evolved into what cable takes care of what, but
    maybe you can't be bothered with that, if you spot a place to butt in.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rmarkoff-F555FB.06382510042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
    rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > And you always butt into threads with your insults, name calling, and
    > diversions.
    >
    > This whole thread has evolved into what cable takes care of what, but
    > maybe you can't be bothered with that, if you spot a place to butt in.
    >

    No it hasn't, Phillie. It's DEvolved into an attempt to explain to
    you that "4500" is referring to the "VM4500". No one in this thread
    has said a single thing about the SCP-4500 except as a response to
    your repeated non-response about the older model.

    As usual, Phillie, what you claim to be happening, and what is
    *actually* happening, are two different items.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <9e8f9025e17a7598b249084ec9abf014@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <vargie@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <rmarkoff-F555FB.06382510042004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
    > rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > > And you always butt into threads with your insults, name calling, and
    > > diversions.
    > >
    > > This whole thread has evolved into what cable takes care of what, but
    > > maybe you can't be bothered with that, if you spot a place to butt in.
    > >
    >
    > No it hasn't. It's DEvolved into an attempt to explain to
    > you that "4500" is referring to the "VM4500". No one in this thread
    > has said a single thing about the SCP-4500 except as a response to
    > your repeated non-response about the older model.
    >
    > As usual, Phillie, what you claim to be happening, and what is
    > *actually* happening, are two different items.

    Vargie: I also mentioned which you manage to ignore in your rush to find
    something to criticize that the 4900 cable WILL also work on a 7300.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sprint PCS Drivers Sanyo USB Cable Internet Service Providers