Program for ATI RAGE3D II+ vid-cap in XP

nookie3

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Hi all, I just found this old ATI 3D RAGE II+ PCI video card with video in function (it has both composite and s-video in) and I tried to use its original capture program but because I'm using XP it wouldn't let me install.

So I was wondering if it's possible for me to use this video card to do video-input (mainly from video game consoles) in XP? If so which program should I get? thanks for help

my pc sucks major arse

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Really? Are you sure? I've been around a long time and never seen one with only video in. I've seen VIVO cards (Video IN/Video OUT), and I've see cards with "only out", but none that had "only in". I had a card that would have looked like yours but had two OUTputs, no inputs, it was an ATI Xpert@Play (an Xpert 2000 with TV out).

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Oh, HEY, sorry, you need to download a new version of the capture program from ATI, or get a third party capture program (I've used them but can't remember names, someone will offer more tips there). Cya.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

nookie3

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
yep I wasn't being specific, mine has VIVO and it's actually a TEKRAM card with RAGE 3D II chip built-in

so anyway, I tried a couple of programs but they are either no applicable for XP or they're not supporting my card...darn

my pc sucks major arse