Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

sanyo 7300 question

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 10:54:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

so when i am talking on the phone, the main display's light never turns off. i
went thru the display optoins and nothing is turning this light off :(  anyone
know how to make it go off while using hte phone?

More about : sanyo 7300 question

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 8:06:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 06:54:16 GMT
fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:

> so when i am talking on the phone, the main display's light never turns off.
> i went thru the display optoins and nothing is turning this light off :( 
> anyone know how to make it go off while using hte phone?
>

someone with a 7300 please answer me! im dying it is so annoying to have that
light on and know it is drainign the battery for no reason!
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 8:24:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <20040409110608.0a939b36.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 06:54:16 GMT
> fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
> > so when i am talking on the phone, the main display's light never turns
> > off.
> > i went thru the display optoins and nothing is turning this light off :( 
> > anyone know how to make it go off while using hte phone?
> >
>
> someone with a 7300 please answer me! im dying it is so annoying to have that
> light on and know it is drainign the battery for no reason!

If its the same as the RL2500, go to Settings, Display, Sleep Mode, Main
LCD, and make sure its not set for OFF.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 8:25:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 12:19:38 -0400
"tom ronson" <tonostuff@blahoo.com> wrote:

>
> "fusQuanto" <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:20040409110608.0a939b36.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com...
>
> > someone with a 7300 please answer me! im dying it is so annoying to have
> that
> > light on and know it is drainign the battery for no reason!
>
> There's quite a few lights, are you talking about the main screen? If so the
> backlight turns off after the delay is over on the "backlight" setting (the
> display option) -- that is what uses the juice. You can also turn the
> flashing led off by going to the led settings (also on the display choice).
> The phone is really adjustable --- tho entirely shutting off the display
> doesn't appear to be a choice.
>
> --tr
>

yah im talking about the main light of hte main display, not LED. i was on the
phone for a good hour last nite with the light off and my main display's light
just dimmed , it didnt turn off all teh way. i have all the settings correct :( 
this cant be normal :( 
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 8:31:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:24:19 GMT
"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote:

> In article <20040409110608.0a939b36.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
> fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 06:54:16 GMT
> > fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
> >
> > > so when i am talking on the phone, the main display's light never turns
> > > off.
> > > i went thru the display optoins and nothing is turning this light off :( 
> > > anyone know how to make it go off while using hte phone?
> > >
> >
> > someone with a 7300 please answer me! im dying it is so annoying to have
> > that light on and know it is drainign the battery for no reason!
>
> If its the same as the RL2500, go to Settings, Display, Sleep Mode, Main
> LCD, and make sure its not set for OFF.

aboslutely sure its not thats hte first thing i checked. all it does is dim,
but doesnt go compltely off
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 9:03:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 12:49:07 -0400
"tom ronson" <tonostuff@blahoo.com> wrote:

>
> "fusQuanto" <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:20040409112544.25076781.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com...
>
> > yah im talking about the main light of hte main display, not LED. i was
> on the
> > phone for a good hour last nite with the light off and my main display's
> light
> > just dimmed , it didnt turn off all teh way.
>
> And when it dims it's not using a whole lot of power --- but gives the user
> the ability to see how long they've been on the phone, signal strength and
> battery level. With the backlight off the power drain is a whole lot less
> than you think it is, I'm guessing.
>
> > this cant be normal :( 
>
> It probably is --- some folks do look at the screen for info from time to
> time while talking.
>

ok so it cant be turned off. i just wanna confirm this before i believe i have
a defective phone and take it back. i just wish hte folks who want that info
can hit a button for hte light to turnoff. cuz folks like me get their eyes
strained with that light on in teh dark!
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 9:19:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <20040409120356.0eaaf2b7.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:

> ok so it cant be turned off. i just wanna confirm this before i believe i
> have
> a defective phone and take it back. i just wish hte folks who want that info
> can hit a button for hte light to turnoff. cuz folks like me get their eyes
> strained with that light on in teh dark!

Turn on the Speaker phone, and close the flip, then your backlight will
go totally off.
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 9:28:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 17:19:02 GMT
"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote:

> In article <20040409120356.0eaaf2b7.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
> fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
> > ok so it cant be turned off. i just wanna confirm this before i believe i
> > have
> > a defective phone and take it back. i just wish hte folks who want that
> > info can hit a button for hte light to turnoff. cuz folks like me get their
> > eyes strained with that light on in teh dark!
>
> Turn on the Speaker phone, and close the flip, then your backlight will
> go totally off.

i bet speakerfone takes more battery than that dimmed lcd!
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 9:36:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Far and away he biggest issue for battery life between charges on a
Sanyo 7300 is Ready Link. If you can see your way clear to disable Ready
Link, battery life is more than doubled. Ready Link functionalty will
use up way, way more battery life than how the backlight is functioning.

If you use ReadyLink and must have it enabled, then there are four other
ways to help battery life that are of major consequence.

1. Turn off the Cell Phone overnight.

2. Connect the phone to a car charger when in your car.

3. Buy two Extended life batteries on eBay.

4. Don't make or receive as many calls.
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 9:37:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"fusQuanto" <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:20040409122816.243cee4f.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com...
> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 17:19:02 GMT
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <20040409120356.0eaaf2b7.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
> > fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:
> >
> > > ok so it cant be turned off. i just wanna confirm this before i
believe i
> > > have
> > > a defective phone and take it back. i just wish hte folks who want
that
> > > info can hit a button for hte light to turnoff. cuz folks like me get
their
> > > eyes strained with that light on in teh dark!
> >
> > Turn on the Speaker phone, and close the flip, then your backlight will
> > go totally off.
>
> i bet speakerfone takes more battery than that dimmed lcd!

Does it make any difference if you are going to use it at home? Just plug in
the charging device, put it on speakerphone and talk away ...

Bob
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 7:49:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <20040409015416.3ecb43c2.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com says...
> so when i am talking on the phone, the main display's light never turns off. i
> went thru the display optoins and nothing is turning this light off :(  anyone
> know how to make it go off while using hte phone?
>
>

Since Ready Link isn't part of what you're asking, I'm going to try
to investigate this at work and see if I can find out what's up.
You're talking about the backlight while in the midst of a phone
call, right?

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 8:39:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 03:49:43 GMT
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <20040409015416.3ecb43c2.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
> fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com says...
> > so when i am talking on the phone, the main display's light never turns off.
> > i
> > went thru the display optoins and nothing is turning this light off :( 
> > anyone know how to make it go off while using hte phone?
> >
> >
>
> Since Ready Link isn't part of what you're asking, I'm going to try
> to investigate this at work and see if I can find out what's up.
> You're talking about the backlight while in the midst of a phone
> call, right?
>
> --
> RØß
> O/Siris
> I work for Sprint PCS
> I *don't* speak for them

yes thats right, note that the light has two stages, one stage goes off, but hte
next stage doesnt. IE: it only "dims" itself. and make sure that the display
settings "sleep mode" is not off, as well. let me know your findings!
!