windows not detecting cd-rom

thehydra

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
can anyone help me?
i disconnected my Pioneer DR-A24X ATAPI cd-rom and plugged a second harddrive in to swap some files.and when i put the cd-rom back in, windows 98 doesnt detect it.on loadup it auto-detects the drive but windows wont.i have tryed my dvd-rom and windows wont detect that either.i have tryed the add new hardware in the control panel but it says the best driver is already installed, and it cant find the appropiate files on the driver floppy disc.the jumpers havent been changed.
if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. cheers

Kidrock

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
what do you have the cd rom set as? Primary slave or secondary master? if primary slave i suggest that you try setting it to secondary master helped with mine, or vice versa,

God made adam and eve not adam and steve!!!!!!

thehydra

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
the cd is set to secondary master. in the add new hardware in the control panel there is a small yellow exclamation mark.

Kidrock

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
well what do you have set to primary slave? or in fact do you have the jumpers on the back of the cdrom set to secondary master? why dont you try setting the cd rom to primary slave (if you have nothing set as that already) and set the jumpers on the back of the cdrom to primary slave. you say that the cd rom is set to secondary master, well have a look at the jumpers because even if the jumpers are loose that can cause it not to work.

God made adam and eve not adam and steve!!!!!!

crisis

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005
Ok
My suggestion:
-Uninstall the cd-rom driver
-Search on the Google for "updated drivers" for your specific model, download and install them.
- Try and update the firmware of your model as well, if the last didn't work.