gothic II, does the memory manager uninstall after game un..

hi all....

I, the other day, noticed that i had about four-plus gigs free on my
hard drive, and i wanted to play Gothic II. good, i think, only 2 gigs
in the install. *just* room.
after i installed, i noted that gothic takes up over 3 gigs!!
oooops! ate up my hard drive!

when i started the game, i read a message saying...."memory allocation
program setting your memory settings, please wait" , or something like
of that.

Since i was left with only 1 gig, i decided to uninstall this
interesting game, too too bad, that opening scene with the mage looked
interesting!

i uninstalled.

I then used a registry fix program to get all of the registry entries
out, so that some day i could re-install.

there was an entry in my registry refering to a program called
"Microquill" and "smartheap".
aha.
the memory manager!
[this here game comes with its own memory manager. it installs along
with the game.]

When i checked the C drive for availible memory after uninstalling, i
think that
the size was LESS than i had before installng gothic II!

thus my question is....
Did this Smartheap/microquill memory manager also uninstall with the
uninsatation of Gothic II?!
is this Manager still there on my computer? i see it not in any
folder, by searching, there is no uninstall function for it and the
*name* cannot be found, so i assume it is gone.

but is it gone, and if it is still on my computer, how can i get rid of
it, to reclaim space?
or.....
if itis still there, should i just leave it there, to [???] conflict
with morrowind or neverwinter nights, also on my hard drive?!

thanks....freestone

Which OS you have ????
Gothic 2 mem. disk thing should remove itself when ever the game is
closed.......
Try running "scandisk" .....or the file check/repair in XP ...
Maybe try running Windows Search set for "all files" (hidden and syatem)
and select the resulting listing to sort largest files first..
luv mouse
@@@@@@@