Reinstall Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

Solution
LavenderJade, what you need to do is open up your device manager, you then need to click the action tab at the top and click add legacy hardware
then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it.
To check just make sure it is set to show hidden devices, right click on device manager on the right and click view then show hidden devices.

david_w

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
LavenderJade, what you need to do is open up your device manager, you then need to click the action tab at the top and click add legacy hardware
then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it.
To check just make sure it is set to show hidden devices, right click on device manager on the right and click view then show hidden devices.

Solution

lavenderjade

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Dear Youngster:

Many kisses to you (a true expert)! I guess I had to go off for someone like you to hear what I was actually saying! And you heard me loud and clear! Your instructions were right on the mark. I got to the point where I thought I'd never see a full sentence, only fragments of many. Thank you sooooo much! Have a GREAT weekend!

Lavenderjade

P.S. I've got a couple of more problems, so if you're inclined, keep on the lookout for me and maybe you can help me again. You've gained my trust.

lavenderjade

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

Hey David,

Do you have any advice for me in terms of fixing the Adapter with an error code 10 since you know how to reinstall it? I don't think I've downloaded the driver updates since I've just reinstalled it. Do you think that will work for me because I've heard it doesn't for some people in the forum. What do you think or do you have another trick up your sleeve? (no pressure). I'm just exhausting all of my options before I go back in! (smiles). I've heard if the updates that were downloaded didn't work, then your next step is to the manufacturer. What do you think? Let me know. I'm half wa

david_w

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Hello,

When you say you get error code 10, do you mean this shows in device manager with a yellow exclamation mark?
Firstly you need to check Peer Networking Grouping service and PNRP Machine Name Publication Service are both turned on.
Do this by opening up services.msc and browsing to the service, if it is stopped then start it. Also right click on the service and click properties and set start up type to automatic.
Once you have done this go to device manager as before show hidden devices; look for one that is call 'Teredo tunneling pseudo interface' right click on this and update it.
Do the same for the Microsoft Tunneling adapter and restart your computer and see if you are still experiencing problems.

on a side note, why do you need Teredo tunneling active?

lavenderjade

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Dear David:

Where is this services.msc? You have to remember if you're sending someone looking for something, you have to remember to tell them where to go each time. I've never heard of this before. Where would I find that? I went online and that was wrong. Always tell your clients where they're going?

lavenderjade

TuffKitten

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

TuffKitten

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
David, all I can say is THANK GOD ABOVE FOR YOU!!! I didn't even know this site existed. Had I KNOWN I might have gotten more than 2 hours' worth of sleep in the last SIX days trying to repair an H.P. so called "custom built direct from the manufacturer for $2,000.00 (yes, I was taken for a HUGE ride by H.P. and it will NEVER EVER EVER!!! Let me make that clear... EVER happen again! H.P. is HORRIFYING with their lies whether they are intentional or scripted. Either way.

I'm not a programmer so when Kaspersky Pure 3.0 allowed malware to get into my computer and make a mess out of it (I couldn't get support out of them either) I had to do it all myself. Yesterday morning (what day is it anyway????) I found this really awesome program called "Tune Up Utilities 13" and I am going through all the steps to fix all the problems with my system. I've learned a lot. Like for example, I ordered my custom built H.P. direct from H.P. with an Intel processor. Well, turns out they put an AMD in it. I ordered double drives. One is MISSING. I ordered 8 Gig of Ram. I've got FOUR.

Anyway, while running the program I got to the Tereno Tunneling Device part where it said it wasn't working right. They were correct. That is because it WASN'T THERE!

If not for your concise instruction I'd be outside beating my three H.P.'s to death right now. I used to have five. Two were stolen. I hope the theives are having fun with them as I had them stored as I'd purchased new hard drives and memory to upgrade and sell them.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH!!!! I'd NEVER have found that thing myself.

Hmmm... I have a feeling I'll be visiting your website rather frequently as I've been working on this computer WITH a broken arm for six days with only two hours of sleep and it's a 7 Pro and, Lord help me, the others are Vista. OMG! I'm afraid to even turn them on. Well, I can just reformat one. It's life started as an ME, then I had to upgrade to XP, then to Vista... all to run stupid programs that required these upgrades. XP was just fine. I loved XP. Never a bugaboo at all. Perfect. ME was ok too but kind of "odd". Well, better than 98 in any event.

I'm done rambling. I just want to thank you very much!!!! :bounce:
:pt1cable: I'm so happy to have found your website that I'm about to spin in my chair and wake the neighbors up with screeches of cheer!

Karen >^*v*^< a.k.a. TuffKitten

jacobcanfield

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013

I have the same 10 error code and there is also no Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface. I'm having an issue on a brand new Win 8 machine where my network adapter (hard wired ethernet) is refreshing every 30 seconds and won't stay connected. The only thing I see wrong is the Tunneling Adapter. I'm not sure if this is what is causing my issue, but I've trouble shot this problem for a good 4 days now.

Angelasimonelli

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Can someone please help me? I read the response to lavendarjade and followed it. When I got to the click Microsoft on the left list and choose Teredo on the right, Teredo does not show up. Also, what is Teredo Tunneling Adapter for anyway, any advice would really help. Thank you, Angela

BunnyRider

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014

I Also Want To Say Thanks For Your Post ~ I Don't Know How Mine Go Uninstalled ~ BunnyRider

lmccardle

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

eiji Karasuma

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014

just open your registry and go to below address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters\
look the right tab, then doubleclick DisabledComponent, choose decimal then set it to 0. restart your pc, and done.

eiji Karasuma

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014

just try this one:
open your registry and go to below address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters\
look the right tab, then doubleclick DisabledComponent, choose decimal then set it to 0. restart your pc, and done.

iilive4music

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Hi David,
I was wondering if you knew what it means if you get an error code that says that it may not work (code 10) & if you knew of any solutions to it? Thanks!

Victor Valverde

Reputable
May 23, 2014

Victor Valverde

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Please help me with my problem david_w, what happens is that I have the windows 8 and when I connect to wifi shows connected after this limited times and then appears connected but does not connect, I can do? Would greatly appreciate your response

GreyWolf-Cathy

Reputable
May 28, 2014

Hi David, I have a similar issue, and I followed these instructions. However, it indicates a code 10. How may I correct or remove this code in order for the network driver Teredo Tunneling adapter #2 ( pseudo IPve ) to start ? Thank you for your help. Cathy

galahun

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014

I followed your advice and reset the value to 0 and restarted my PC. Now the Teredo Tunneling Adapter has disappeared and I can not re-install it.

jemmy

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

my microsoft teredo tunneling adapter can not working properly, I need your assistance

Slavv

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
I have similar issue on my Dell Windows 7. My Internet works with Ip4 and my Modem works with Ip4 only.
I did follow advice, (((then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it., etc))))))) I am not going to repeat the whole instructions here.
BUT-

It has installed Microsoft Teredo Interface Adapter #2 also with an yellow triangle and exclamation point. When it got installed I got this message- Microsoft Teredo Interface Adapter was installed , but may not work properly (code 10). So, anyway, you can keep on installing Microsoft Teredo Interface Adapter forever, and it still will show code 10 and an yellow triangle. Somehow, it has to do with Microsoft, they must update with a new patch. otherwise, it will be "Mary Go around". I tried to contact Dell and my PC is out of Warranty. I am 100% certain that this error message is not only with Dell, as I see so many of you guys are experiencing the same issue. It is with Microsoft. I am sure tht we all have different PC brand names, not only Dell, so if we have the same problem it must be Microsoft's fault. I tried to contact Microsoft and they refer me to manufacturer of my PC.
I visited about 10 other sites with this problem, and I haven't seen that someone was able to resolve this issue. Any brilliant ideas out there?

Slavv

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
That teredo has to do with Ip6 vs Ip4 here's the link from my ISP http://www.att.com/esupport/ipv6.jsp#fbid=n0dJs7BhWAn

I have similar issue on my Dell Windows 7. My Internet works with Ip4 and my Modem works with Ip4 only.
I did follow advice, (((then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it., etc))))))) I am not going to repeat the whole instructions here.
BUT-

It has installed Microsoft Teredo Interface Adapter #2 also with an yellow triangle and exclamation point. When it got installed I got this message- Microsoft Teredo Interface Adapter was installed , but may not work properly (code 10). So, anyway, you can keep on installing Microsoft Teredo Interface Adapter forever, and it still will show code 10 and an yellow triangle. Somehow, it has to do with Microsoft, they must update with a new patch. otherwise, it will be "Mary Go around". I tried to contact Dell and my PC is out of Warranty. I am 100% certain that this error message is not only with Dell, as I see so many of you guys are experiencing the same issue. It is with Microsoft. I am sure tht we all have different PC brand names, not only Dell, so if we have the same problem it must be Microsoft's fault. I tried to contact Microsoft and they refer me to manufacturer of my PC.
I visited about 10 other sites with this problem, and I haven't seen that someone was able to resolve this issue. Any brilliant ideas out there?