IWD2 Help - Bad file

Hi All,

I decided to go through my backlog of games that I never played (or
finished) and ended up trying out Icewind Dale 2. It's pretty fun -- I
really like those Infinity Engine games.

Anyway, the bad news is that after clearing out the docks area (at the very
beginning of the game), when I try to go up the stairs in the upper left,
the game hangs while loading.

I eventually traced the problem to a bad file on my CD2 -- "AR1100.bif".
When the game tries to read it from CD, it fails. When I try to do a full
install, the install fails. Even if I simply try to copy the file via
windows explorer, it fails with a CRC error.

So instead of finding another copy of the game, I thought I'd try to fix it
myself. I figure that if I can get the file, perform a minimum or
recommended install, maybe I can copy the rest of the files manually and
hack it so that it thinks it was a full install in the first place. But I
need somebody's help. Would anybody be willing to email me that single
file, AR1100.bif? Does anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks
Chad

Chad Dylan Long wrote:
<snip>
> the first place. But I need somebody's help. Would anybody be
> willing to email me that single file, AR1100.bif? Does anybody have
> any other ideas?

I'll be glad to send you the file (provided I can find my copy, it's been a
while) just tell me where.

Is it in compressed form on the CD and how big is it aprox.? Most web mails
have limits on file sizes but I can break it up if too big.

BuckFush wrote:
> Chad Dylan Long wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>the first place. But I need somebody's help. Would anybody be
>>willing to email me that single file, AR1100.bif? Does anybody have
>>any other ideas?
>

> I'll be glad to send you the file (provided I can find my copy, it's been a
> while) just tell me where.
>
> Is it in compressed form on the CD and how big is it aprox.? Most web mails
> have limits on file sizes but I can break it up if too big.

Thanks! It's about 7 MB, and yes, unfortunately, you can't compress it any
more (judging from one of the other files).

Just remove the _nospm_ from my address.

Thanks again.