Dungeon Lords

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I know alot of people hate this game but im having a great time. It just
takes getting use to before its really fun to play. One question ? I left
fargrove with the Horn i found in the cemetary and went to Arindale. I tried
to camp inside the INN but i get no option, is this a bug ? Also, was i
supposed to go some where else before going to Arindale because i cant seem
to figure out wht to do next?
13 answers Last reply
More about dungeon lords
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Syl wrote:

    >I know alot of people hate this game but im having a great time.
    >

    Lot of people hate pain, too, but some stick needles in theyself. :p

    >It just
    >takes getting use to before its really fun to play
    >

    Actually first it takes getting it to run long enough to do anything.


    --
    A sufficiently advanced computer network protective attitude is indistinguishable from paranoia.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Memnoch wrote:
    > On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:03:26 -0700, Quaestor <no.spam@my.place>
    wrote:
    >
    > >Syl wrote:
    > >
    > >>I know alot of people hate this game but im having a great time.
    > >>
    > >
    > >Lot of people hate pain, too, but some stick needles in theyself.
    :p
    > >
    > >>It just
    > >>takes getting use to before its really fun to play
    > >>
    > >
    > >Actually first it takes getting it to run long enough to do
    anything.
    >
    > Runs fine here. By the way, how far have you got in it so far? Did
    you make
    > it into Fargrove yet?

    After reading all the posts on the forums about this game being so bug
    ridden, i was surprised to play it for about 6 hours with no CTDs or
    lockups. Its true the game fell short on some of its features. But if
    you didn't know they were there you wouldn't miss em.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "After reading all the posts on the forums about this game being so bug

    ridden, i was surprised to play it for about 6 hours with no CTDs or
    lockups. Its true the game fell short on some of its features. But if

    you didn't know they were there you wouldn't miss em."

    Very good game, very stable, very few bugs, lots of good features. Oh
    yeah it has some junk in the manual and a few in the interface which
    aren't actually implemented.

    It's amazing how much negativity has come up due to issues being in the
    manual but not in the game.

    Oh well, maybe they'll get back to making Deer Hunter and Sims since
    almost all crpg's get pilloried for every reason under the sun.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 04:27:37 GMT, "Syl" <vedo@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

    >I know alot of people hate this game but im having a great time. It just
    >takes getting use to before its really fun to play. One question ? I left
    >fargrove with the Horn i found in the cemetary and went to Arindale. I tried
    >to camp inside the INN but i get no option, is this a bug ? Also, was i
    >supposed to go some where else before going to Arindale because i cant seem
    >to figure out wht to do next?

    You should have been given a quest to find Lord Davenmores daughter. You may
    have also gotten a quest from one of the guilds, so you may get to kill two
    birds with one stone. Check your quest log. Little tip that may be of use to
    you. Don't sell any items unless it is in Arindale as they offer the best
    prices, sometimes by a huge margin. I had this staff worth 7000 odd at
    Arindale. The same thing in Skuldoon was only worth 5000.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:03:26 -0700, Quaestor <no.spam@my.place> wrote:

    >Syl wrote:
    >
    >>I know alot of people hate this game but im having a great time.
    >>
    >
    >Lot of people hate pain, too, but some stick needles in theyself. :p
    >
    >>It just
    >>takes getting use to before its really fun to play
    >>
    >
    >Actually first it takes getting it to run long enough to do anything.

    Runs fine here. By the way, how far have you got in it so far? Did you make
    it into Fargrove yet?
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 19 May 2005 16:45:27 -0700, "EMan" <supreme.evolutionary@gmail.com> wrote:

    >
    >Memnoch wrote:
    >> On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:03:26 -0700, Quaestor <no.spam@my.place>
    >wrote:
    >>
    >> >Syl wrote:
    >> >
    >> >>I know alot of people hate this game but im having a great time.
    >> >>
    >> >
    >> >Lot of people hate pain, too, but some stick needles in theyself.
    >:p
    >> >
    >> >>It just
    >> >>takes getting use to before its really fun to play
    >> >>
    >> >
    >> >Actually first it takes getting it to run long enough to do
    >anything.
    >>
    >> Runs fine here. By the way, how far have you got in it so far? Did
    >you make
    >> it into Fargrove yet?
    >
    >After reading all the posts on the forums about this game being so bug
    >ridden, i was surprised to play it for about 6 hours with no CTDs or
    >lockups. Its true the game fell short on some of its features. But if
    >you didn't know they were there you wouldn't miss em.

    That's the thing that has suprised me. With all of the problems it does have,
    crashing isn't one of them, for me at least. It is remarkably stable and I
    have left it running for hours overnight paused just to see how many enemies
    will spawn for instance! :-)
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Syl wrote:
    > I know alot of people hate this game but im having a great time. It
    just
    > takes getting use to before its really fun to play. One question ? I
    left
    > fargrove with the Horn i found in the cemetary and went to Arindale.
    I tried
    > to camp inside the INN but i get no option, is this a bug ? Also,
    was i
    > supposed to go some where else before going to Arindale because i
    cant seem
    > to figure out wht to do next?

    By talking to some various elf, you will be able to get the elf quest
    that will lead to the Argalia of Erydorn quest.

    I have retrieved the armor argalia, now have access to the magic tower
    but the gard will not let me see the mage. Also Falgrove is now closed
    again so I can't go east of Fargrove. So I'm stuck in between Aringdale
    and Talendor and don't know what do to anymore. (I can't access
    Talendor because of the magic seal)

    Any clues how to get past the gard in the mage tower or how to get by
    the magic seal in Talendor?

    Thanks.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Memnoch wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 May 2005 04:27:37 GMT, "Syl" <vedo@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I know alot of people hate this game but im having a great time. It just
    >>takes getting use to before its really fun to play. One question ? I left
    >>fargrove with the Horn i found in the cemetary and went to Arindale. I tried
    >>to camp inside the INN but i get no option, is this a bug ? Also, was i
    >>supposed to go some where else before going to Arindale because i cant seem
    >>to figure out wht to do next?
    >
    >
    > You should have been given a quest to find Lord Davenmores daughter. You may
    > have also gotten a quest from one of the guilds, so you may get to kill two
    > birds with one stone. Check your quest log. Little tip that may be of use to
    > you. Don't sell any items unless it is in Arindale as they offer the best
    > prices, sometimes by a huge margin. I had this staff worth 7000 odd at
    > Arindale. The same thing in Skuldoon was only worth 5000.

    That makes no difference (the quest), you can't sleep in Arindale, so I
    moved on and got a new quest in Arindale ,maybe you can sleep in the inn
    afterwards.

    BTW.I was reading about crashes , it did not crash once here , it's very
    stable ,the only odd thing that my character walks very slow in the
    woods and fast in buildings/dungeons.Tried to change the videosettings
    but it persist.

    gr,
    Irene


    --
    "Greed will be your Downfall"
    Http://www.sentinel69.cjb.net
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thanks, it did work after I tried a second time! Maybe just a glitch in
    the software.

    Talking about the software, the sound is sometime weird, it is somewhat
    low and then it will rise very high and then go back low. Anybody
    having the same issue?
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 20 May 2005 10:16:51 -0700, "lightgroup" <light3030@netscape.net> wrote:

    >
    >Syl wrote:
    >> I know alot of people hate this game but im having a great time. It
    >just
    >> takes getting use to before its really fun to play. One question ? I
    >left
    >> fargrove with the Horn i found in the cemetary and went to Arindale.
    >I tried
    >> to camp inside the INN but i get no option, is this a bug ? Also,
    >was i
    >> supposed to go some where else before going to Arindale because i
    >cant seem
    >> to figure out wht to do next?
    >
    >By talking to some various elf, you will be able to get the elf quest
    >that will lead to the Argalia of Erydorn quest.
    >
    >I have retrieved the armor argalia, now have access to the magic tower
    >but the gard will not let me see the mage. Also Falgrove is now closed
    >again so I can't go east of Fargrove. So I'm stuck in between Aringdale
    >and Talendor and don't know what do to anymore. (I can't access
    >Talendor because of the magic seal)
    >
    >Any clues how to get past the gard in the mage tower or how to get by
    >the magic seal in Talendor?

    I got past this point before I restarted. I don't know what the proper way of
    getting in to Fargrove is but I allowed some monsters to push me over the
    mountains so I could come down on the south side. Worked for me. I hadn't
    activated the Moongates at that point.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "lightgroup" <light3030@netscape.net> wrote:

    >I have retrieved the armor argalia, now have access to the magic tower
    >but the gard will not let me see the mage. Also Falgrove is now closed
    >again so I can't go east of Fargrove. So I'm stuck in between Aringdale
    >and Talendor and don't know what do to anymore. (I can't access
    >Talendor because of the magic seal)
    >
    Have you tried leaving? Really, when you click on the door to exit, the
    guy says to wait and that the mage will indeed see you now. If you've
    tried this and left anyway, talk to the guy again and one of the
    dialogue options should result in him telling you to go on up.

    Also, you can't get back into Fargrove until you talk to the mage, who
    sends you on a short quest to place the horn in it's proper spot
    (Talendor, as you seem to know already), and return to tell him of the
    results. He then tells you all about your upcoming quests and gives
    hints for the remaining artifacts. Fargrove should let you in now.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "lightgroup" <light3030@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Talking about the software, the sound is sometime weird, it is somewhat
    >low and then it will rise very high and then go back low. Anybody
    >having the same issue?
    >
    Yes, this is a known issue. Sometimes you have to get pretty close the
    person who is talking to hear them well, and maybe face left or right
    also.

    At least with the 1.1 patch you can just click through the dialogue
    without having to listen interminably to all the yammering and not miss
    them give you the next key word or item. That one fix alone cleared up
    a lot of people's bugs and dead ends. If you didn't wait out the entire
    thing, and exited dialogue early, you often didn't get what you needed.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Sat, 21 May 2005 01:56:06 GMT, David Teach <d.teach@ix.netcom.com>
    wrote:

    >"lightgroup" <light3030@netscape.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Talking about the software, the sound is sometime weird, it is somewhat
    >>low and then it will rise very high and then go back low. Anybody
    >>having the same issue?
    >>
    >Yes, this is a known issue. Sometimes you have to get pretty close the
    >person who is talking to hear them well, and maybe face left or right
    >also.
    >

    The left or right main audio channel is probably inverted. I do not
    have the game, but you may want to fiddle with the audio options,
    such as turning off EAX etc and see if the problem goes away.
    A fairly common bug. Comes of not testing the game with
    headphones on ---- which pick up quirks like this very quickly.

    John Lewis


    >At least with the 1.1 patch you can just click through the dialogue
    >without having to listen interminably to all the yammering and not miss
    >them give you the next key word or item. That one fix alone cleared up
    >a lot of people's bugs and dead ends. If you didn't wait out the entire
    >thing, and exited dialogue early, you often didn't get what you needed.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Video Games Product