Elder Scrolls : Oblivion trailer

on Fileplanet now.

http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer

And what's with all the carrots ?
More about elder scrolls oblivion trailer

    Mark Morrison wrote:

    > on Fileplanet now.
    >
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer

    DIE FILE PLANET DIE!
    Get it from the source: http://www.morrowind.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

    dawg wrote:
    > So what. They still make the best non linear RPG's on the market.
    None of
    > the bugs I've met in Betheda's games were game killers. And,with a
    world
    > that size and with hundreds or even thousands of NPC's and tens of
    > thousands words of dialogue and story(icluding in-game books!)that
    quite an
    > achievement.Don't you think?

    I'll trade you 1000 morrowind npcs for one of the voiced fallout NPCs,
    and throw in 100,000 daggerfall npcs for free.

    Did you know that in daggerfall if you go to a very small village, the
    entirely randomly created quests and dialogue usually end up looking
    like :

    Sarah Micker says "Help ! You must help me rescue Sarah Micker from the
    evil villian Sarah Micker who has kidnapped her ! Sarah Micker might
    know where they have gone !"

    They went in the right direction shrinking the scope drastically for
    morrowind, but they have many of the same problems still. If oblivion
    shrinks the focus even further and improves the detail it will be a
    good thing.

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:58:56 -0600, James Garvin
    <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Mark Morrison wrote:
    >
    >> on Fileplanet now.
    >>
    >> http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer
    >
    >DIE FILE PLANET DIE!
    >Get it from the source: http://www.morrowind.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

    Personally I'd rather get it from the service I'm already paying for,
    and get maximum bandwidth, rather than make Bethesda pay for the
    bandwidth, but that's just me...

    And what's with all the carrots ?

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:57:12 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
    wrote:

    >Personally I'd rather get it from the service I'm already paying for,
    >and get maximum bandwidth, rather than make Bethesda pay for the
    >bandwidth, but that's just me...

    Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    and FOX.

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:15:36 GMT, drocket <drocket@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:57:12 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Personally I'd rather get it from the service I'm already paying for,
    >>and get maximum bandwidth, rather than make Bethesda pay for the
    >>bandwidth, but that's just me...
    >
    >Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    >you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    >and FOX.

    I've just watched the trailer and I think I may need to upgrade again. At
    least the processor anyway as I have a top end graphics card. The ingame
    graphics look as good as the prerendered stuff. If they can actually manage to
    fill the world with interesting things rather than a vast wasteland with
    nothing in it this could be huge.

    drocket wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:57:12 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Personally I'd rather get it from the service I'm already paying for,
    >>and get maximum bandwidth, rather than make Bethesda pay for the
    >>bandwidth, but that's just me...
    >

    > Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    > you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    > and FOX.

    ROTFLMAO

    drocket <drocket@hotmail.com> once tried to test me with:

    > Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    > you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    > and FOX.

    You misspelled Faux.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    "Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
    > on Fileplanet now.
    >
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer
    >
    > --

    Was that my imagination, or is that Patrick Stewart's voice in the trailer?
    "These are the final days..." especially sounded like the old ST:TNG opener
    line.

    Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Thu, 19 May
    2005 19:28:53 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:15:36 GMT, drocket <drocket@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:57:12 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Personally I'd rather get it from the service I'm already paying for,
    >>>and get maximum bandwidth, rather than make Bethesda pay for the
    >>>bandwidth, but that's just me...
    >>
    >>Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    >>you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    >>and FOX.
    >
    >I've just watched the trailer and I think I may need to upgrade again. At
    >least the processor anyway as I have a top end graphics card. The ingame
    >graphics look as good as the prerendered stuff. If they can actually manage to
    >fill the world with interesting things rather than a vast wasteland with
    >nothing in it this could be huge.

    We're taking Bethesda here, with their BUGs(tm), cardboard NPCs,
    whack-a-mole skill system & great storylines for the over-creative
    fill-in-the-multitude-of-blanks personality types, errr...right?

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 06:50:25 +1000, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

    >Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Thu, 19 May
    >2005 19:28:53 GMT, Anno Domini:
    >
    >>On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:15:36 GMT, drocket <drocket@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >>>Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    >>>you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    >>>and FOX.
    >>
    >>I've just watched the trailer and I think I may need to upgrade again. At
    >>least the processor anyway as I have a top end graphics card. The ingame
    >>graphics look as good as the prerendered stuff. If they can actually manage to
    >>fill the world with interesting things rather than a vast wasteland with
    >>nothing in it this could be huge.
    >
    >We're taking Bethesda here, with their BUGs(tm), cardboard NPCs,
    >whack-a-mole skill system & great storylines for the over-creative
    >fill-in-the-multitude-of-blanks personality types, errr...right?

    Thanks for reminding me! What was I thinking?! Still, there will probably be
    an editor so people can get to work straight away adding content.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in message
    > Thus spake Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com>, Thu, 19
    May
    > 2005 19:28:53 GMT, Anno Domini:
    >
    > >On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:15:36 GMT, drocket <drocket@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > >>Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    > >>you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    > >>and FOX.
    > >
    > >I've just watched the trailer and I think I may need to upgrade again. At
    > >least the processor anyway as I have a top end graphics card. The ingame
    > >graphics look as good as the prerendered stuff. If they can actually
    manage to
    > >fill the world with interesting things rather than a vast wasteland with
    > >nothing in it this could be huge.
    >
    > We're taking Bethesda here, with their BUGs(tm), cardboard NPCs,
    > whack-a-mole skill system & great storylines for the over-creative
    > fill-in-the-multitude-of-blanks personality types, errr...right?
    >
    > --
    > A killfile is a friend for life.
    >
    > Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-05-20, toolstech <spam_someone@else.com> wrote:

    > "Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> on Fileplanet now.
    >>
    >> http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer
    >>
    >> --
    >
    > Was that my imagination, or is that Patrick Stewart's voice in the trailer?
    > "These are the final days..." especially sounded like the old ST:TNG opener
    > line.

    Sounded a lot like him - I noticed too.

    --
    Toby.
    field to circumvent my email filters.

    "Memnoch" <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > I've just watched the trailer and I think I may need to upgrade again. At
    > least the processor anyway as I have a top end graphics card. The ingame
    > graphics look as good as the prerendered stuff. If they can actually
    > manage to
    > fill the world with interesting things rather than a vast wasteland with
    > nothing in it this could be huge.

    May I recommend waiting on the new card? By the time the game hits the
    market, GeForce 323,256 will be out.

    -eric

  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-05-19, dawg <don't> wrote:

    > So what. They still make the best non linear RPG's on the market. None of
    > the bugs I've met in Betheda's games were game killers. And,with a world
    > that size and with hundreds or even thousands of NPC's and tens of
    > thousands words of dialogue and story(icluding in-game books!)that quite an
    > achievement.Don't you think?

    You're paying for content that was made by 1000 monkeys. All
    those NPCs and quests are cardboard and if you're lucky the 3d
    renderer that displays everything won't crash on you.

    Really, how is this a good RPG? I tried many times to get into
    Morrowind and found it was simply impossible to take any of it
    seriously. The game has quests where you'd have to be someplace
    at a certain time of the day. It's pretty annoying and lifeless.

    I've been enjoying WoW a lot the last month. After about level 30
    I wound up doing quests for a goblin cartel that took me all
    around the world. It's a very well developed CRPG which beasts
    Morrowind in terms of worldliness.
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-05-20, eric <ecantrel@msn.com> wrote:

    > "Memnoch" <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I've just watched the trailer and I think I may need to upgrade again. At
    >> least the processor anyway as I have a top end graphics card. The ingame
    >> graphics look as good as the prerendered stuff. If they can actually
    >> manage to
    >> fill the world with interesting things rather than a vast wasteland with
    >> nothing in it this could be huge.
    >
    > May I recommend waiting on the new card? By the time the game hits the
    > market, GeForce 323,256 will be out.

    It's pointless. The engine that Morrowind uses is written so
    badly that the intel architecture simply cannot support it. You
    can throw all the CPU and GPU power at it and it still won't
    function seamlessly. In fact by the time you have enough power to
    support it where the programming issues won't matter the game
    will probably be too old to run on whatever version of Windows is
    out at the time.

    The funny thing is people *still* go out and upgrade like it
    makes a difference. They'll spend hundreds of dollars upgrading
    for one engine that really isn't implemented properly.

    The hilarity ensues when you're playing a slide show with pop ups
    for cardboard quests and the retarded reviewer declares the game
    "Game of the Year."
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 04:24:29 GMT, "toolstech" <spam_someone@else.com> wrote:

    >"Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> on Fileplanet now.
    >>
    >> http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer
    >>
    >> --
    >
    >Was that my imagination, or is that Patrick Stewart's voice in the trailer?
    >"These are the final days..." especially sounded like the old ST:TNG opener
    >line.

    I was thinking the same thing but after a second listen I don't think it is.
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Yes, according to actiontrip's E3 glowing coverage of the game:

    http://www.actiontrip.com/features/e32005theelderscrollsivoblivion.phtml
    "Finally, Bethesda has gotten onboard so many great actors (like Patrick
    Stewart for example) and there's like more than 5 hours of recorded voice
    overs for this game that takes up like half of their DVD. All of the
    dialogue that I've seen was lip synced so you just getting this sensation of
    being completely immersed in a living and breathing game world. So much so
    that your hero, while still leveling up, will do so seamlessly, so that the
    illusion of a virtual world is never broken."

    JL

    toolstech wrote:
    > "Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> on Fileplanet now.

    http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer

    >> --
    >
    > Was that my imagination, or is that Patrick Stewart's voice in the
    > trailer? "These are the final days..." especially sounded like the
    > old ST:TNG opener line.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:28:53 GMT, Memnoch
    <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:15:36 GMT, drocket <drocket@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:57:12 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Personally I'd rather get it from the service I'm already paying for,
    >>>and get maximum bandwidth, rather than make Bethesda pay for the
    >>>bandwidth, but that's just me...
    >>
    >>Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    >>you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    >>and FOX.
    >
    >I've just watched the trailer and I think I may need to upgrade again. At
    >least the processor anyway as I have a top end graphics card. The ingame
    >graphics look as good as the prerendered stuff. If they can actually manage to
    >fill the world with interesting things rather than a vast wasteland with
    >nothing in it this could be huge.

    Yep, it's fabulous looking - I'll wait and see what the system specs
    are, then I'll have to decide when to start saving for all the new
    bits I'll need. I promised I wouldn't upgrade for a single game
    again, but...

    And what's with all the carrots ?
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 17:27:15 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
    wrote:

    >on Fileplanet now.
    >
    >http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer

    When you first watched the trailer, and saw the king on top of the
    tall tower, did anyone else think "I really hope that tower's in the
    game - just so I can run/fly to the top and jump off..."

    And what's with all the carrots ?
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> skrev i meddelelsen news:apadnYr-
    OpYZXxHfRVn-jg@comcast.com:

    > http://www.morrowind.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

    Thank thee, Lord James.

    --
    Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

    drocket <drocket@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen

    > Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    > you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    > and FOX.

    ROTFL!

    --
    Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
    LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
    http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> skrev i meddelelsen

    > We're taking Bethesda here, with their BUGs(tm), cardboard NPCs,
    > whack-a-mole skill system & great storylines for the over-creative
    > fill-in-the-multitude-of-blanks personality types, errr...right?

    Don't buy the game then, and piss off.

    --
    Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
    d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
    LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
    http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thusly shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> Spake Unto All:

    >around the world. It's a very well developed CRPG which beasts
    >Morrowind in terms of worldliness.

    That word still doesn't mean what you think it does.

    --
    Fun Fact of the Day: In exit polls at the election 2004 the percentage of American
    voters citing moral and ethical values as their prime concern was 22 percent,

    "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

    > The funny thing is people *still* go out and upgrade like it
    > makes a difference. They'll spend hundreds of dollars upgrading
    > for one engine that really isn't implemented properly.
    >
    > The hilarity ensues when you're playing a slide show with pop ups
    > for cardboard quests and the retarded reviewer declares the game
    > "Game of the Year."

    Is this for Morrowind? I never really experienced any slow downs with it but
    I have always had a top of the range computer components due to bulk
    wholesale prices etc. But doesn't that mean that what you said is possibly
    innacurate anyway?

    Ceo-
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-05-20, Ceowulf <ceo@NOSPAMii.ATALLnet> wrote:
    > "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> The funny thing is people *still* go out and upgrade like it
    >> makes a difference. They'll spend hundreds of dollars upgrading
    >> for one engine that really isn't implemented properly.
    >>
    >> The hilarity ensues when you're playing a slide show with pop ups
    >> for cardboard quests and the retarded reviewer declares the game
    >> "Game of the Year."
    >
    > Is this for Morrowind? I never really experienced any slow downs with it but
    > I have always had a top of the range computer components due to bulk
    > wholesale prices etc. But doesn't that mean that what you said is possibly
    > innacurate anyway?

    What was your FPS outdoors. Did you play it on high settings
    which matched the press screenshots Bethseda would release?

    On a 100 hrtz refresh rate I expect 50 FPS.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thusly shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> Spake Unto All:

    >On a 100 hrtz refresh rate I expect 50 FPS.

    So <50 FPS == "slideshow"?

    What planet do you live on?

    --
    Fun Fact of the Day: In exit polls at the election 2004 the percentage of American
    voters citing moral and ethical values as their prime concern was 22 percent,
    continuing a trend of *decreasing* perceived importance of morals: In the 2000
    election 35 percent cited morals & ethical values as their prime concern, and in
    1996 a whopping 40%, almost twice as many as in 2004.
    (Bet you hadn't gotten that impression from the press, had you?)
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
    > on Fileplanet now.
    >
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer

    Thanks for the heads up, and thanks to James for pointing out the non
    fileplanet site :)

    Ceo-
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Arcana Dragon wrote:

    > James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> skrev i meddelelsen news:apadnYr-
    > OpYZXxHfRVn-jg@comcast.com:
    >

    >>http://www.morrowind.com/downloads/media_movies.htm
    >

    > Thank thee, Lord James.

    You are most welcome to ceo and you.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 21:11:23 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 19 May 2005 17:27:15 +0100, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>on Fileplanet now.
    >>
    >>http://www.fileplanet.com/153570/download/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-E3-2005-Trailer
    >
    >When you first watched the trailer, and saw the king on top of the
    >tall tower, did anyone else think "I really hope that tower's in the
    >game - just so I can run/fly to the top and jump off..."

    I'm sure it's part of the world - but I wonder whether it will be
    destroyed before you can get there...
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thus spake Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk>, Fri, 20 May
    2005 23:04:06 +0200, Anno Domini:

    >Thusly shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>On a 100 hrtz refresh rate I expect 50 FPS.
    >
    >So <50 FPS == "slideshow"?
    >
    >What planet do you live on?

    I wish it was a comet so I wouldn't have to see his drivel quoted except
    once every 100+ years >8^D

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    > When you first watched the trailer, and saw the king on top of the
    > tall tower, did anyone else think "I really hope that tower's in the
    > game - just so I can run/fly to the top and jump off..."

    Guilty....
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    >>Personally I'd rather get it from the service I'm already paying for,
    >>and get maximum bandwidth, rather than make Bethesda pay for the
    >>bandwidth, but that's just me...
    >
    > Yes, God forbid that companies pay for their own advertising. Now if
    > you'll excuse me, I have to go mail my monthly checks to ABC, CBS, NBC
    > and FOX.

    *sigh* Whichever way, it's always the customer who really pays in the end.

PC gaming Oblivion Video Games