Dungeon Lords Q&A

syl

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004

Still Playing , and having a great time. Im level 10 now and just went thru
SkullDoom looking for the Kings daughter. I did the quest to deliver a
dragon egg for the guy in fargrove and also the Elf Armor Quest. But all i
have is the option to train in Budoka but how do i get to train as a samurai
? Also anyone figure out how to use Moongates ?

Syl wrote:
> Still Playing , and having a great time. Im level 10 now and just
went thru
> SkullDoom looking for the Kings daughter. I did the quest to deliver
> dragon egg for the guy in fargrove and also the Elf Armor Quest. But
all i
> have is the option to train in Budoka but how do i get to train as a
samurai
> ? Also anyone figure out how to use Moongates ?

For the Moongate, you need a moonstone, you can get one on the island
of Lost lake. Once you have the Moonstone, you just need to get to each
Moongate in order to be able to use them afterward.

On Sat, 21 May 2005 15:39:13 GMT, "Syl" <vedo@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>Still Playing , and having a great time. Im level 10 now and just went thru
>SkullDoom looking for the Kings daughter. I did the quest to deliver a
>dragon egg for the guy in fargrove and also the Elf Armor Quest. But all i
>have is the option to train in Budoka but how do i get to train as a samurai
>? Also anyone figure out how to use Moongates ?

For Samurai or Imperial you need to be a member of the Fighters guild. To use
the Moongates you need to have visited the big island North of Arindale. There
are creatures there that have moonstones in their foreheads. Use these to
activate the moongates.

syl

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004

Where do i find the fighters Guild ? Is there some type of list for all
guild locations and quest for them ?

"Memnoch" <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 15:39:13 GMT, "Syl" <vedo@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Still Playing , and having a great time. Im level 10 now and just went
>>thru
>>SkullDoom looking for the Kings daughter. I did the quest to deliver a
>>dragon egg for the guy in fargrove and also the Elf Armor Quest. But all i
>>have is the option to train in Budoka but how do i get to train as a
>>samurai
>>? Also anyone figure out how to use Moongates ?
>
> For Samurai or Imperial you need to be a member of the Fighters guild. To
> use
> the Moongates you need to have visited the big island North of Arindale.
> There
> are creatures there that have moonstones in their foreheads. Use these to
> activate the moongates.

There is a Fighters Guild in both Fargrove near the South exit and Arindale
just North of the Hall of Lords or whatever it is called.

On Sat, 21 May 2005 21:18:07 GMT, "Syl" <vedo@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>Where do i find the fighters Guild ? Is there some type of list for all
>guild locations and quest for them ?
>

>"Memnoch" <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 21 May 2005 15:39:13 GMT, "Syl" <vedo@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Still Playing , and having a great time. Im level 10 now and just went
>>>thru
>>>SkullDoom looking for the Kings daughter. I did the quest to deliver a
>>>dragon egg for the guy in fargrove and also the Elf Armor Quest. But all i
>>>have is the option to train in Budoka but how do i get to train as a
>>>samurai
>>>? Also anyone figure out how to use Moongates ?
>>
>> For Samurai or Imperial you need to be a member of the Fighters guild. To
>> use
>> the Moongates you need to have visited the big island North of Arindale.
>> There
>> are creatures there that have moonstones in their foreheads. Use these to
>> activate the moongates.

Been playing for some time now and I have a few questions. I am a Level
14 Paladin with all my stats averaging 60 except for honor at 30. I'm
currently having fun in the Forbidden lands where the monsters are a
bit harder but not too dangerous since I have enough healt potions to
swim in them! I have about 950 000 advance point to spare.

1: Is there a point in increasing weapon over 5? I'm currently at 10
and can't really see the difference, no new special moves.
2: Same with armor and shield, I'm at 6 for heavy armor and shield, is
there any advantage for increasing unless I find a new armor with
higher requesites?
3: Runes: I have a bunch of stones (bruenguld, aenir,demetos,erillae
and feohn) and the spell: rune strike that stays at charge 0 (even
after buying a second one). I don't know what to do with them and I do
have point in the rune ability.
4: Is there a point in increasing the honor stat?

That's all I can think for now!

Thanks.

"lightgroup" <light3030@netscape.net> wrote:

>1: Is there a point in increasing weapon over 5? I'm currently at 10
>and can't really see the difference, no new special moves.
>2: Same with armor and shield, I'm at 6 for heavy armor and shield, is
>there any advantage for increasing unless I find a new armor with
>higher requisites?

That's about all, just to get over the negative penalty for really tough
items. I had a heavy sword and a heavy helmet both of which required 12
points in their category. Most good things only require about 7 or so.

>3: Runes: I have a bunch of stones (bruenguld, aenir,demetos,erillae
>and feohn) and the spell: rune strike that stays at charge 0 (even
>after buying a second one). I don't know what to do with them and I do
>have point in the rune ability.

It seems to be broken. No one in the forums can seem to make new rune
magic.

>4: Is there a point in increasing the honor stat?

Nobody I've talked to has seen any use for this skill. The dialogue for
getting promotions and ranks says certain skill levels are required, but
that is also broken. Maybe when the 1.2 patch comes out it will do
something.

On Mon, 23 May 2005 22:13:16 GMT, David Teach <d.teach@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>"lightgroup" <light3030@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>4: Is there a point in increasing the honor stat?
>>
>Nobody I've talked to has seen any use for this skill. The dialogue for
>getting promotions and ranks says certain skill levels are required, but
>that is also broken. Maybe when the 1.2 patch comes out it will do
>something.

I hope not. If you look at some of the requirements for Tier 3 classes it
expects you to have skills you don't actually get from Tier 1 or 2 classes. I
think it was left out deliberately. Another thing that I suspect was left out
deliberately is the Junk items. My reason is that it would imbalance the game.
Some of the items you get from Goblins in the Forbidden Lands, like the
Warlocks Staff of Burning can be sold for 3000 in Arindale. Hang around by the
South gate of Skuldoon with spawn set to High and just watch the cash and XP
come in!!

deathchaos4991

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008

"lightgroup" <light3030@netscape.net> wrote:

>1: Is there a point in increasing weapon over 5? I'm currently at 10
>and can't really see the difference, no new special moves.
>2: Same with armor and shield, I'm at 6 for heavy armor and shield, is
>there any advantage for increasing unless I find a new armor with
>higher requisites?

That's about all, just to get over the negative penalty for really tough
items. I had a heavy sword and a heavy helmet both of which required 12
points in their category. Most good things only require about 7 or so.

>3: Runes: I have a bunch of stones (bruenguld, aenir,demetos,erillae
>and feohn) and the spell: rune strike that stays at charge 0 (even
>after buying a second one). I don't know what to do with them and I do
>have point in the rune ability.

It seems to be broken. No one in the forums can seem to make new rune
magic.

>4: Is there a point in increasing the honor stat?

Nobody I've talked to has seen any use for this skill. The dialogue for
getting promotions and ranks says certain skill levels are required, but
that is also broken. Maybe when the 1.2 patch comes out it will do
something.

>Ive played dugeon lords at got pretty far untill i found apon a glitch that premently turns off ther portal to the shadow ruins thus i was not aloud to complete the game

>But on my new account im only level 8 and can use ALL rune spells but 1, you said you have about 5 runes,and you bought runstrike over again, that was a waste of cash you only have to buy the spell once and meet the requirments in number of runes, I have about 6-2 of each rune, and there is about 8 or more runes you can get. A great place to find runes is a giant tower between talador and fargrove, where an old man who lost his memorys will be, he is aslo related to one of the magic type quests.

>Some rune spells are great theres one just like shriking stars but i think only in collectors edtion, if you thought blade of baal was nice, rune magic has a level 8 spell the increases your damage and strike

>As for the honor, it incresing your infulence, which i think may increase allys around you.

>Upgrading weapons will increase you combo moves, which is nice against fighting lots of oppoents but once on level 5 you have all your combos, but as for armor it really doesnt do anything.

As for moon gates if you went to fargrove the second time and READ the mage's dialuge about moongates he tells you to go north of ardinale to the island in the lake.(Moon Beasts are advanced monsters that give you a little over 20,000 exp)

Reply, or email me at deathchaos4991@aol.com