Online Gotthic II help

I've been playing Gothic II the last couple of months and have found my way
around Khoriinas, but I have so many little quests I don't know what to
focus on. Is there a walkthrough or set of forums online that can point me
in the right direction?

--
from the home of
Brand Bogard

"Brand Bogard" <bbogard1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've been playing Gothic II the last couple of months and have found my
way
> around Khoriinas, but I have so many little quests I don't know what to
> focus on. Is there a walkthrough or set of forums online that can point
me
> in the right direction?

If you need a walkthrough you can go to www.gamefaqs.com and look up Gothic
2 under the "PC" games category

I wouldn't worry about it too much... there is no time limit in the game so
you can pretty much run around and do whatever quests you want. If the
quest is too tough then you can just explore and build XP or concentrate on
other quests until you are strong enough (IE: early in the game you can get
the "clear out the lighthouse of bandits" quest but if you aren't up a few
levels the bandits will just pick you off with arrows before you even get
close to the lighthouse)

Each chapter has a main quest arc that you have to finish in order to move
to the next chapter... moving to a new chapter will clear/end some of the
quests that needed to be finished before a new chapter is started (IE: if
you are in chapter 1 and go to chapter 2 then some of the chapter 1 quests,
that could only be done in chapter 1, will be cleared off your list). You
should be able to figure out which quests are the chapter closing/starting
quests

For the most part I'd just say do all the quests you have working on
whatever quests are resolved closest to where you are now... and odds are
when you go and do the quest you'll end up talking to somebody that has a
new quest for you or a new area you can explore or re-explore... and keep
going until you end up finishing them all off and then go back and work on
the main story quests.

Bitstring <g3mke.8671$h86.3911@tornado.socal.rr.com>, from the wonderful
person Brand Bogard <bbogard1@san.rr.com> said
>I've been playing Gothic II the last couple of months and have found my way
>around Khoriinas, but I have so many little quests I don't know what to
>focus on. Is there a walkthrough or set of forums online that can point me
>in the right direction?

There are, but they ruin it. Just =ROLE PLAY= for heaven's sake ..
pretend to be your character and go do whatever you think you'd like to
do in those circumstances.

btw, G2 is designed so that there are several (nay, 'many') places where
the only sensible thing to do it run away. That's why there are monster
sounds (usually) to indicate they've quit chasing you.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can

On Mon, 23 May 2005 14:48:44 GMT, "Brand Bogard" <bbogard1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>I've been playing Gothic II the last couple of months and have found my way
>around Khoriinas, but I have so many little quests I don't know what to
>focus on. Is there a walkthrough or set of forums online that can point me
>in the right direction?

Try www.gamefaqs.com they usually have at least two walktrhoughs per
game.

Lynley

Thusly GSV Three Minds in a Can <GSV@quik.clara.co.uk> Spake Unto All:

>>I've been playing Gothic II the last couple of months and have found my way
>>around Khoriinas, but I have so many little quests I don't know what to
>>focus on. Is there a walkthrough or set of forums online that can point me
>>in the right direction?
>
>There are, but they ruin it. Just =ROLE PLAY= for heaven's sake ..
>pretend to be your character and go do whatever you think you'd like to
>do in those circumstances.

Definitely. Part of the reason there's a bewildering array of quests
there is that the story branches. Roleplaying may not give you the
easiest route, but it will get you where you want to go.

--
"I've seen similar injuries in an individual run over by a bus"
- Maj. Elizabeth Rouse, coroner, about one of the prisoners beaten to death

"GSV Three Minds in a Can" <GSV@quik.clara.co.uk> wrote in message
> Bitstring <g3mke.8671$h86.3911@tornado.socal.rr.com>, from the wonderful
> person Brand Bogard <bbogard1@san.rr.com> said
>>I've been playing Gothic II the last couple of months and have found my
>>way
>>around Khoriinas, but I have so many little quests I don't know what to
>>focus on. Is there a walkthrough or set of forums online that can point
>>me
>>in the right direction?
>
> There are, but they ruin it. Just =ROLE PLAY= for heaven's sake .. pretend
> to be your character and go do whatever you think you'd like to do in
> those circumstances.
>
> btw, G2 is designed so that there are several (nay, 'many') places where
> the only sensible thing to do it run away. That's why there are monster
> sounds (usually) to indicate they've quit chasing you.

I recently started a new game of G2 as well. And your above comment rings
true, I found this big open hill, I was thrilled at the potential for more
herbs and loot. I get to the top of the hill and see sand and skeletons. My
brain says "Thats not good...", but I continue on. Then I hear a rumble, and
the sound of what can only be stone moving. My brain says "Your screwed". So
what do I do? Turn and run of course, straight of the edge of the cliff.

Good game :)

Ceo-