No Wifi Range for Cell Phone

icu222much

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I am using the HTC One S and a Linksys WRT54GL router and I find that I become out of range once I leave the room with the router. I am wondering if there is some sort of setting that I need to change on the HTC One S or Linksys WRT54GL to make the signal stronger?

My brother owns a Moto Razr, dad has HTC Desire C, friends have iPhone, S3, Nexus 3... all do not have any problems with our wifi connection anywhere in our house. In addition, I'm able to bring my 8 year old laptop across the street and use our wifi on our neighbour's lawn.

Solution
If all the other devices can connect to the router without issue then your problem is not with the router , it's with the phone. You need to go into the phones settings and see if there is a setting that needs changing.
I would bring it to your local cell phone store and see if they know of any reason for it to not connect when your out of the room.
If all the other devices can connect to the router without issue then your problem is not with the router , it's with the phone. You need to go into the phones settings and see if there is a setting that needs changing.
I would bring it to your local cell phone store and see if they know of any reason for it to not connect when your out of the room.

Solution

icu222much

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
Sounds good. In the mean time, I'm wondering if there is anything I can do on my end that will help improve my router's wifi range. For example, is there a particular frequency or channel I should change it to?