Sprint CS says Nokia 6225 available 4/13/04 - is this true?

Speaking to a Customer Service Rep today I was told the Nokia 6225 phones
were available today (4/13/04).

She also said they would be in the stores.

I don't see them on the web site.

Has anyone seen these phones in the field yet?

Can they be used as a modem for a laptop like the Sanyo 4900, with the I/R
connection?

"HiTach" <HiTach@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<107ocl7kle407c6@corp.supernews.com>...
> Speaking to a Customer Service Rep today I was told the Nokia 6225 phones
> were available today (4/13/04).
>
> She also said they would be in the stores.
>
> I don't see them on the web site.
>
> Has anyone seen these phones in the field yet?
>
> Can they be used as a modem for a laptop like the Sanyo 4900, with the I/R
> connection?

None of my stores have them and there are none on in-transit reports.

I didn't think to check the warehouse to see if they were in, though.

In article <107ocl7kle407c6@corp.supernews.com>,
"HiTach" <HiTach@nospam.com> wrote:

> Speaking to a Customer Service Rep today I was told the Nokia 6225 phones
> were available today (4/13/04).
>
> She also said they would be in the stores.
>
> I don't see them on the web site.
>
> Has anyone seen these phones in the field yet?

Totally bizarre. They are not showing on the web site as of today
(4/13/04). So I called Telesales.

me: Is the Nokia 6225 available yet?

them: I believe so

me: Is that a yes or a no?

them: Let me check

3 minutes later:
them: They are available, but they're not in inventory.

me: So I can't order one today?

them: We don't have any available

me: So which is it, they're available or they're not available??

them: we're out of stock

me: So you don't have them

them: that's right

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <107ocl7kle407c6@corp.supernews.com>,
> "HiTach" <HiTach@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > Speaking to a Customer Service Rep today I was told the Nokia 6225
phones
> > were available today (4/13/04).
> >
> > She also said they would be in the stores.
> >
> > I don't see them on the web site.
> >
> > Has anyone seen these phones in the field yet?
>
> Totally bizarre. They are not showing on the web site as of today
> (4/13/04). So I called Telesales.
>
> me: Is the Nokia 6225 available yet?
>
> them: I believe so
>
> me: Is that a yes or a no?
>
> them: Let me check
>
> 3 minutes later:
> them: They are available, but they're not in inventory.
>
> me: So I can't order one today?
>
> them: We don't have any available
>
> me: So which is it, they're available or they're not available??
>
> them: we're out of stock
>
> me: So you don't have them
>
> them: that's right

Well, neither SPCS's site or Nokia's site acknowledge the 6225 as an
available phone for SPCS ...

Bob

In article <7e761144.0404131413.1f87a84d@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> "HiTach" <HiTach@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Speaking to a Customer Service Rep today I was told the Nokia 6225 phones
> > were available today (4/13/04).
> >
> > She also said they would be in the stores.
> >
> > I don't see them on the web site.
> >
> > Has anyone seen these phones in the field yet?
> >
> > Can they be used as a modem for a laptop like the Sanyo 4900, with the I/R
> > connection?
>
> None of my stores have them and there are none on in-transit reports.
>
> I didn't think to check the warehouse to see if they were in, though.

Telesales says there are zero there.

usirsclt@earthlink.net posted:

> Well, neither SPCS's site or Nokia's site
> acknowledge the 6225 as an
> available phone for SPCS ...

Fine, then why did a SprintPCS CSR tell the Original Poster it is available.
Why did Telesales tell me its available, and then admit it wasn't?

I do note that today (April 14) SprintPCS has redrawn its phones page, and it
does show the 6225.:
http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/PhonesAccessories/AllPhones.jsp

which despite the word accessories in the URL is the phones page.

They're now in one vertcal column rather than 3 across,

"Cell merger" <cellmerger@aol.com> wrote in message
> usirsclt@earthlink.net posted:
>
> > Well, neither SPCS's site or Nokia's site
> > acknowledge the 6225 as an
> > available phone for SPCS ...
>
> Fine, then why did a SprintPCS CSR tell the Original Poster it is
available.
> Why did Telesales tell me its available, and then admit it wasn't?

Gee, ya think that some CSR might have just been told it was going to be
available, and said so, one day before the release?

> I do note that today (April 14) SprintPCS has redrawn its phones page, and
it
> does show the 6225.:
> http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/PhonesAccessories/AllPhones.jsp
>
> which despite the word accessories in the URL is the phones page.
>
> They're now in one vertcal column rather than 3 across,

Looks like they are still working on the web site ...

Bob

TRENDING THREADS