Dungeon Lords forums... lame?

Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?

Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
"maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released before
it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May 23". (It's
still not up...)

Is that lame or what?
5 answers Last reply
More about dungeon lords forums lame

    Walter wrote:

    > Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
    > Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?
    >
    > Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
    > "maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released
    > before it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May
    > 23". (It's still not up...)
    >
    > Is that lame or what?

    Not unexpected.

    --
    A sufficiently advanced computer network protective attitude is indistinguishable from paranoia.

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:04:28 -0400, Walter <waltersibbons@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
    >Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?
    >
    >Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
    >"maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released before
    >it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May 23". (It's
    >still not up...)
    >
    >Is that lame or what?

    I was wondering whether the message had been changed as well. I probably
    remember it wrongly but I thought it said that they would be back ON Monday
    23rd. Now it says as you say 'the week of'. Besides the point of course, but I
    doubt it has anything to do with Dungeon Lords and is probably just
    coincidence. Then again, they WOULD say that wouldn't they!? ;-)

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:32:09 GMT, Memnoch
    <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:04:28 -0400, Walter <waltersibbons@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
    >>Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?
    >>
    >>Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
    >>"maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released before
    >>it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May 23". (It's
    >>still not up...)
    >>
    >>Is that lame or what?
    >
    >I was wondering whether the message had been changed as well. I probably
    >remember it wrongly but I thought it said that they would be back ON Monday
    >23rd. Now it says as you say 'the week of'. Besides the point of course, but I
    >doubt it has anything to do with Dungeon Lords and is probably just
    >coincidence. Then again, they WOULD say that wouldn't they!? ;-)

    Why would it take over a week to do maintenance on a forum server? Maybe
    the same geeks who coded the game are trying to repair it?

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Walter wrote:
    > Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
    > Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?
    >
    > Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
    > "maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released before
    > it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May 23". (It's
    > still not up...)
    >
    > Is that lame or what?

    The dungeon lords forum is accesible thru :
    http://www.dungeonlordsgame.com/main.php

    gr,
    Irene

    --
    "Greed will be your Downfall"
    Http://www.sentinel69.cjb.net

    > I was wondering whether the message had been changed as well. I probably
    > remember it wrongly but I thought it said that they would be back ON Monday
    > 23rd. Now it says as you say 'the week of'. Besides the point of course, but I
    > doubt it has anything to do with Dungeon Lords and is probably just
    > coincidence. Then again, they WOULD say that wouldn't they!? ;-)

    Well it's Thursday and there are still no Forums. Good work, boys!

PC gaming Games IBM RPG Video Games