Dungeon Lords forums... lame?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 24, 2005 8:04:28 PM

Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?

Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
"maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released before
it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May 23". (It's
still not up...)

Is that lame or what?
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:39:20 PM

Walter wrote:

> Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
> Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?
>
> Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
> "maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released
> before it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May
> 23". (It's still not up...)
>
> Is that lame or what?

Not unexpected.

--
A sufficiently advanced computer network protective attitude is indistinguishable from paranoia.
Anonymous

On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:04:28 -0400, Walter <waltersibbons@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
>Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?
>
>Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
>"maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released before
>it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May 23". (It's
>still not up...)
>
>Is that lame or what?

I was wondering whether the message had been changed as well. I probably
remember it wrongly but I thought it said that they would be back ON Monday
23rd. Now it says as you say 'the week of'. Besides the point of course, but I
doubt it has anything to do with Dungeon Lords and is probably just
coincidence. Then again, they WOULD say that wouldn't they!? ;-)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:32:10 AM

On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:32:09 GMT, Memnoch
<memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:04:28 -0400, Walter <waltersibbons@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
>>Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?
>>
>>Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
>>"maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released before
>>it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May 23". (It's
>>still not up...)
>>
>>Is that lame or what?
>
>I was wondering whether the message had been changed as well. I probably
>remember it wrongly but I thought it said that they would be back ON Monday
>23rd. Now it says as you say 'the week of'. Besides the point of course, but I
>doubt it has anything to do with Dungeon Lords and is probably just
>coincidence. Then again, they WOULD say that wouldn't they!? ;-)

Why would it take over a week to do maintenance on a forum server? Maybe
the same geeks who coded the game are trying to repair it?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Walter wrote:
> Anyone else think that Dreamcatcher closing their forums for Dungeon
> Lords, 2 weeks after its release, is a "dirty trick"?
>
> Suddenly, without warning, closed for for at least a week for
> "maintenance" amid the flurry of complaints about a game released before
> it's ready... and to be back "during the week of Monday May 23". (It's
> still not up...)
>
> Is that lame or what?

The dungeon lords forum is accesible thru :
http://www.dungeonlordsgame.com/main.php

gr,
Irene

--
"Greed will be your Downfall"
Http://www.sentinel69.cjb.net

> I was wondering whether the message had been changed as well. I probably
> remember it wrongly but I thought it said that they would be back ON Monday
> 23rd. Now it says as you say 'the week of'. Besides the point of course, but I
> doubt it has anything to do with Dungeon Lords and is probably just
> coincidence. Then again, they WOULD say that wouldn't they!? ;-)

Well it's Thursday and there are still no Forums. Good work, boys!
!