HD24 - Duplicate tracks when transferring to MAC via FST C..

Last response: in Home Audio
January 16, 2005 3:52:37 PM

Anybody had problems when transferring tracks from HD24 to MAC using
Alesis FST Connect?

Specifically, if I don't transfer ALL 24 tracks at once, I get
duplicate tracks.

I was transferring 4 tracks at a time . . . each time I selected the
next 4 tracks - first time, tracks 1 thru 4 . . . next time, tracks 5
thru 8, etc.

When I listened to them in Pro Tools, I got the first 4 tracks over and
over, even though the tracks were named 1 thru 24. However, when I
transferred ALL 24 tracks at once, it worked fine.

You're probably saying, "Well . . . just transfer ALL 24 tracks at once
then and no problem." This is true, but I wanted whoever to know that
there may be a bug in the Alesis FST Connect software.
Any thoughts or experience on this?
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 7:07:22 PM

"newsound" <mail@newsoundprod.com> wrote in message
> Anybody had problems when transferring tracks from HD24 to MAC using
> Alesis FST Connect?
>
> Specifically, if I don't transfer ALL 24 tracks at once, I get
> duplicate tracks.
>
> I was transferring 4 tracks at a time . . . each time I selected the
> next 4 tracks - first time, tracks 1 thru 4 . . . next time, tracks 5
> thru 8, etc.
>
> When I listened to them in Pro Tools, I got the first 4 tracks over and
> over, even though the tracks were named 1 thru 24. However, when I
> transferred ALL 24 tracks at once, it worked fine.

I've never experienced that (it would never occur to me to transfer the
tracks a few at a time...I can't imagine why you wanted to), but a good
place to ask would be the HD24 group at < http://groups.yahoo.com >.

Hal Laurent
Baltimore
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 8:18:07 AM

On 16 Jan 2005 12:52:37 -0800, "newsound" <mail@newsoundprod.com>
wrote:

>Anybody had problems when transferring tracks from HD24 to MAC using
>Alesis FST Connect?
>
>Specifically, if I don't transfer ALL 24 tracks at once, I get
>duplicate tracks.
>
>I was transferring 4 tracks at a time . . . each time I selected the
>next 4 tracks - first time, tracks 1 thru 4 . . . next time, tracks 5
>thru 8, etc.
>
>When I listened to them in Pro Tools, I got the first 4 tracks over and
>over, even though the tracks were named 1 thru 24. However, when I
>transferred ALL 24 tracks at once, it worked fine.
>
>You're probably saying, "Well . . . just transfer ALL 24 tracks at once
>then and no problem." This is true, but I wanted whoever to know that
>there may be a bug in the Alesis FST Connect software.
>Any thoughts or experience on this?

I can tell you that it doesn't happen with FST Connect on Win2K. I
transferred 24 tracks, in two groups of 12. No error.

Why did I transfer in two groups of 12? Because FST erroneously told
me that I didn't have enough space on the drive to transfer 24 tracks
in one group. That's the only bug I have noticed in the Windows
version.

Mike T.
!