Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help running Nox on Win XP

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 2:52:58 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to run
it on XP?

Paula

More about : running nox win

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 10:48:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 28-5-2005 17:52, Paula wrote:
> I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
> encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to run
> it on XP?
>
> Paula

Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?

C.

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun!
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 10:48:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

>
>> I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
>> encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to
>> run it on XP?

>
>
> Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?
>
Yes, I did and got the same thing. I tried Win 95 and Win 98 modes.

Paula
Related resources
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:04:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:
>
>>
>>> I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
>>> encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to
>>> run it on XP?
>
>
>>
>>
>> Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?
>>
> Yes, I did and got the same thing. I tried Win 95 and Win 98 modes.
>
> Paula

Have you installed the latest patches and drivers or upgraded XP to SP2?

C.

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun!
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:04:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Chris de Bruin wrote:
> On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:
>
>>
>>>
>>>> I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
>>>> encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to
>>>> run it on XP?
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?
>>>
>> Yes, I did and got the same thing. I tried Win 95 and Win 98 modes.
>>
>> Paula
>
>
> Have you installed the latest patches and drivers or upgraded XP to SP2?
>
> C.
>

My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with SP2. When I
do the auto update for Nox, it starts downloading but won't finish and
install it so I haven't been able to do that.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:04:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:4298b090$0$79460$14726298@news.sunsite.dk:

> Chris de Bruin wrote:
>> On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:
>>

>
> My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with
> SP2. When I do the auto update for Nox, it starts
> downloading but won't finish and install it so I haven't
> been able to do that.
>

Probably not much help but it works out of the box for me.

What system specs are you runing?
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:04:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Lithurge wrote:
> Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:4298b090$0$79460$14726298@news.sunsite.dk:
>
>
>>Chris de Bruin wrote:
>>
>>>On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:
>>>
>
>
>>My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with
>>SP2. When I do the auto update for Nox, it starts
>>downloading but won't finish and install it so I haven't
>>been able to do that.
>>
>
>
> Probably not much help but it works out of the box for me.
>
> What system specs are you runing?

My system is:

Pentium 4 2.8
512 RAM
WinXP SP2
Radeon X300
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:04:27 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Sat, 28 May 2005 14:34:53 -0500, Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Lithurge wrote:
>> Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in
>> news:4298b090$0$79460$14726298@news.sunsite.dk:
>>
>>
>>>Chris de Bruin wrote:
>>>
>>>>On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:
>>>>
>>
>>
>>>My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with
>>>SP2. When I do the auto update for Nox, it starts
>>>downloading but won't finish and install it so I haven't
>>>been able to do that.
>>>
>>
>>
>> Probably not much help but it works out of the box for me.
>>
>> What system specs are you runing?
>
>My system is:
>
>Pentium 4 2.8
>512 RAM
>WinXP SP2
>Radeon X300

HT enabled? That screws up some games.
Try using imagecfg to set the processor affinity for the Nox executable to
just one processor.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:04:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I found a place to just download the update without using the auto
update and that made the game work on my computer. Thanks for all the
help!!

Paula
May 30, 2005 1:55:37 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Paula" <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4298f50e$0$79453$14726298@news.sunsite.dk...
>I found a place to just download the update without using the auto update
>and that made the game work on my computer. Thanks for all the help!!
>
> Paula

Sounds as though sp2 may have screwed up the auto update.

Regards
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 2:05:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Mon, 30 May 2005 09:55:37 +0100, "Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

>
>"Paula" <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:4298f50e$0$79453$14726298@news.sunsite.dk...
>>I found a place to just download the update without using the auto update
>>and that made the game work on my computer. Thanks for all the help!!
>>
>> Paula
>
>Sounds as though sp2 may have screwed up the auto update.
>

Actually, I'd blame the auto-update server. I've noticed that EA has been
gradually dropping support for classic titles for online play - other
groups have had to actually provide a playable environment (e.g. XWIS for
TS/Red Alert 2)
November 30, 2009 11:52:39 AM

Hmm even i had d same prob. when i install any game(big games) n start playing.....after some time an application error occurs that _____.exe error has encountered a prob. n needs to close blah blah blaa.... :( 

I have updated my system rescently hmm but it does not help me...

My system config. is

AMD Athlon 2.8ghz
4gb ram,500gb HDD
1.28GB Graphics with 9400GS...plzz help me :( 
!