Help running Nox on Win XP

I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to run
it on XP?

Paula

On 28-5-2005 17:52, Paula wrote:
> I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
> encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to run
> it on XP?
>
> Paula

Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?

C.

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun!

>> I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
>> encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to
>> run it on XP?

> Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?

Yes, I did and got the same thing. I tried Win 95 and Win 98 modes.

Paula

On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:

>>> I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
>>> encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to
>>> run it on XP?
>

>> Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?
>>
> Yes, I did and got the same thing. I tried Win 95 and Win 98 modes.
>
> Paula

Have you installed the latest patches and drivers or upgraded XP to SP2?

C.

--

Chris de Bruin wrote:

>>> Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?
>>>
>> Yes, I did and got the same thing. I tried Win 95 and Win 98 modes.
>>
>> Paula
>

> Have you installed the latest patches and drivers or upgraded XP to SP2?
>
> C.

My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with SP2. When I
do the auto update for Nox, it starts downloading but won't finish and
install it so I haven't been able to do that.

Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Chris de Bruin wrote:
>> On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:
>>

> My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with
> SP2. When I do the auto update for Nox, it starts
> downloading but won't finish and install it so I haven't
> been able to do that.

Probably not much help but it works out of the box for me.

What system specs are you runing?

Lithurge wrote:
> Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in
>

>>Chris de Bruin wrote:
>>
>>>On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:
>>>

>>My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with
>>SP2. When I do the auto update for Nox, it starts
>>downloading but won't finish and install it so I haven't
>>been able to do that.
>>

> Probably not much help but it works out of the box for me.
>
> What system specs are you runing?

My system is:

Pentium 4 2.8
512 RAM
WinXP SP2
Radeon X300

On Sat, 28 May 2005 14:34:53 -0500, Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Lithurge wrote:
>> Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in

>>>My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with
>>>SP2. When I do the auto update for Nox, it starts
>>>downloading but won't finish and install it so I haven't
>>>been able to do that.
>>>

>> Probably not much help but it works out of the box for me.
>>
>> What system specs are you runing?
>
>My system is:
>
>Pentium 4 2.8
>512 RAM
>WinXP SP2
>Radeon X300

HT enabled? That screws up some games.
Try using imagecfg to set the processor affinity for the Nox executable to
just one processor.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

I found a place to just download the update without using the auto
update and that made the game work on my computer. Thanks for all the
help!!

Paula

terry

"Paula" <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I found a place to just download the update without using the auto update
>and that made the game work on my computer. Thanks for all the help!!
>
> Paula

Sounds as though sp2 may have screwed up the auto update.

Regards

On Mon, 30 May 2005 09:55:37 +0100, "Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

>"Paula" <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I found a place to just download the update without using the auto update
>>and that made the game work on my computer. Thanks for all the help!!
>>
>> Paula
>
>Sounds as though sp2 may have screwed up the auto update.

Actually, I'd blame the auto-update server. I've noticed that EA has been
gradually dropping support for classic titles for online play - other
groups have had to actually provide a playable environment (e.g. XWIS for
TS/Red Alert 2)

livinglucky

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Hmm even i had d same prob. when i install any game(big games) n start playing.....after some time an application error occurs that _____.exe error has encountered a prob. n needs to close blah blah blaa.... :(

I have updated my system rescently hmm but it does not help me...

My system config. is

AMD Athlon 2.8ghz
4gb ram,500gb HDD
1.28GB Graphics with 9400GS...plzz help me :(