Help running Nox on Win XP

I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to run
it on XP?

Paula
11 answers Last reply
More about help running

    On 28-5-2005 17:52, Paula wrote:
    > I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
    > encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to run
    > it on XP?
    >
    > Paula

    Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?

    C.

    --
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun!

    >> I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
    >> encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to
    >> run it on XP?

    > Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?

    Yes, I did and got the same thing. I tried Win 95 and Win 98 modes.

    Paula

    On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:

    >>> I installed the game but when I try to start it I get "game.exe has
    >>> encountered a problem and needs to close." Has anyone been able to
    >>> run it on XP?
    >

    >> Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?
    >>
    > Yes, I did and got the same thing. I tried Win 95 and Win 98 modes.
    >
    > Paula

    Have you installed the latest patches and drivers or upgraded XP to SP2?

    C.

    --

    Chris de Bruin wrote:

    >>> Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility' mode?
    >>>
    >> Yes, I did and got the same thing. I tried Win 95 and Win 98 modes.
    >>
    >> Paula
    >

    > Have you installed the latest patches and drivers or upgraded XP to SP2?
    >
    > C.

    My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with SP2. When I
    do the auto update for Nox, it starts downloading but won't finish and
    install it so I haven't been able to do that.

    Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > Chris de Bruin wrote:
    >> On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:
    >>

    > My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with
    > SP2. When I do the auto update for Nox, it starts
    > downloading but won't finish and install it so I haven't
    > been able to do that.

    Probably not much help but it works out of the box for me.

    What system specs are you runing?

    Lithurge wrote:
    > Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >

    >>Chris de Bruin wrote:
    >>
    >>>On 28-5-2005 18:52, Paula wrote:
    >>>

    >>My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with
    >>SP2. When I do the auto update for Nox, it starts
    >>downloading but won't finish and install it so I haven't
    >>been able to do that.
    >>

    > Probably not much help but it works out of the box for me.
    >
    > What system specs are you runing?

    My system is:

    Pentium 4 2.8
    512 RAM
    WinXP SP2
    Radeon X300

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 14:34:53 -0500, Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Lithurge wrote:
    >> Paula <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in

    >>>My drivers are up to date and my computer came with XP with
    >>>SP2. When I do the auto update for Nox, it starts
    >>>downloading but won't finish and install it so I haven't
    >>>been able to do that.
    >>>

    >> Probably not much help but it works out of the box for me.
    >>
    >> What system specs are you runing?
    >
    >My system is:
    >
    >Pentium 4 2.8
    >512 RAM
    >WinXP SP2
    >Radeon X300

    HT enabled? That screws up some games.
    Try using imagecfg to set the processor affinity for the Nox executable to
    just one processor.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    I found a place to just download the update without using the auto
    update and that made the game work on my computer. Thanks for all the
    help!!

    Paula

    "Paula" <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I found a place to just download the update without using the auto update
    >and that made the game work on my computer. Thanks for all the help!!
    >
    > Paula

    Sounds as though sp2 may have screwed up the auto update.

    Regards
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 09:55:37 +0100, "Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >"Paula" <pdwMT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I found a place to just download the update without using the auto update
    >>and that made the game work on my computer. Thanks for all the help!!
    >>
    >> Paula
    >
    >Sounds as though sp2 may have screwed up the auto update.

    Actually, I'd blame the auto-update server. I've noticed that EA has been
    gradually dropping support for classic titles for online play - other
    groups have had to actually provide a playable environment (e.g. XWIS for
    TS/Red Alert 2)
  11. Hmm even i had d same prob. when i install any game(big games) n start playing.....after some time an application error occurs that _____.exe error has encountered a prob. n needs to close blah blah blaa.... :(

    I have updated my system rescently hmm but it does not help me...

    My system config. is

    AMD Athlon 2.8ghz
    4gb ram,500gb HDD
    1.28GB Graphics with 9400GS...plzz help me :(

PC gaming Games Windows XP Video Games