Solved Closed

Samsung Smart TV network issues

I have a Samsung smart tv and I have connected it wirelessly 2 days ago. It was working fine after the initial set up but now none of the apps work. I have done a network test and it confirms that it is connected to the internet with a strong signal.

I click on the apps and it takes a while before the error message comes up with saying the network is not connected, I then run a network test and it confirms that it is connected to the internet with a strong signal!

I have turned everything on and off again but still not working. Can anybody help?
146 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about samsung smart network issues
  1. dye1806 said:
    I have a Samsung smart tv and I have connected it wirelessly 2 days ago. It was working fine after the initial set up but now none of the apps work. I have done a network test and it confirms that it is connected to the internet with a strong signal.

I click on the apps and it takes a while before the error message comes up with saying the network is not connected, I then run a network test and it confirms that it is connected to the internet with a strong signal!

I have turned everything on and off again but still not working. Can anybody help?

----------------
    I am having the same problem. We use this all the time and then suddenly todayit will not work. It just says Connecting... for a long time and sometimes if I wait long enough it will come up with an error saying not connected. But testing network status always says it is fine. I rebooted everything and all my othewr devices are fine through the same router.

Did you ever get a resolution?
  2. Same thing here. It was down for a couple of days. And now all my apps disappeared. Resetting everything back to factory didn't help.
  3. same problem i am facing. if you try to set the network status it shows the right tick b/w modem and tv but shows cross tick b/w tv and internet.
    what i noticed it is connected after some time. turn on your tv and watch some thing else (tv or videos from USB) after 20-40 min when you will switch to smart hub it would be able to connect to internet.
    in the same way i am connecting my tv to internet daily. it does not work just after turn on the tv.
  4. dye1806 said:

Pease try changing in Network Settings your DNS server to 8.8.8.8.
  5. edfhinton said:
    dye1806 said:

----------------
    I am having the same problem. We use this all the time and then suddenly todayit will not work. It just says Connecting... for a long time and sometimes if I wait long enough it will come up with an error saying not connected. But testing network status always says it is fine. I rebooted everything and all my othewr devices are fine through the same router.

6. dancman said:
    dye1806 said:

Thank you, this worked immediately.
  7. ratchef said:
    dancman said:
    dye1806 said:

A DNS fix then. Nice one :)
  8. MartinWilson said:
    ratchef said:
    dancman said:
    dye1806 said:

A DNS fix then. Nice one :)

Tried this , says its connected but still samsung hub keeps saying im not connected, was working fine until yesterday
  9. dancman said:
    dye1806 said:

That worked immediately for me, thanks!
  10. dancman said:
    dye1806 said:

Thank you, dancman! Manually setting the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 worked for us too. This problem (which happened out of the blue after an internet outage) was driving us crazy.
  11. edfhinton said:
    dye1806 said:

----------------

12. Suedunlap said:
    edfhinton said:
    dye1806 said:

----------------

13. Best answer
    Yes I found the answer, click on the menu button on your remote, then go to network settings. Set the DNL manually to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and that should do the trick. Let me know if it worked for you
  14. I had the same issues,
    changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 worked instantly
    Tech boy
  15. Janiska said:
    Suedunlap said:
    edfhinton said:
    dye1806 said:

----------------

Janiska said:
    Yes I found the answer, click on the menu button on your remote, then go to network settings. Set the DNL manually to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and that should do the trick. Let me know if it worked for you

Anonymous said:
    I had the same issues,
    changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 worked instantly
    Tech boy

I am having the same problem with a wired router connection for a ps64f8500.
    I can get a wireless internet connection but not a wired one?!?
    I have tried resetting etc and changing the DNS but always the same issue...connected to network but not the internet!!!!
  16. Drd106 said:
    Same thing here. It was down for a couple of days. And now all my apps disappeared. Resetting everything back to factory didn't help.

Did you ever connect? I am having the same problem and just remembered, they sent out a notification that they would be doing repair work.
    I don't remember the days, but an unable to connect, won't even find my wifi.
  17. dye1806 said:

I believe that you found the solution to be a DNS issue. I've disconnected my TV from the Internet and simply use it for viewing shows on my intranet as I've found none of the apps were worth using, except Netflix which I've since discontinued.

If you have this problem in the future, I've found that when Samsung's servers are down (which is QUITE FREQUENT) everything stops working. After nearly a half a dozen of these and as I noted that the apps are crap I said the heck with and secured my box by changing the gateway to a bogus address so that it wouldn't connect to the Internet.
  18. dancman said:
    dye1806 said:

Thanks a lot dancman. I started having this issues from today morning and followed your suggestion and its fixed. Thanks.

19. dancman said:
    dye1806 said:

Thank u so much. It worked immediately.. :)
  20. My web browser app on my 6200 samsung smart tv quit working. I turned the smart hub on and then clicked on " tools"... A menu came up with " re- install" in it. Clicked on that and it restored my web browser app to working condition.
    Hope this helps someone.
    Cliff
  21. Unfortunately, either 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 did not help me. I have internet going to the TV as i can use the browser and get to various sites. The apps, however, do not load and the screen remains dark. No circular indicator to indicate activity or anything. Any other options?

dancman said:
    dye1806 said:

22. I too have the exact same probelms POOR TIME WARNER (my cable provider ) has had enough of my complaints cuase like a fool kept calling them changing to88888 did not help either , doe sanyone really know what causes this issue?
  23. Crappy networking design within the TV division of Samsung. Just wait until the Samsung home appliance division builds networking into their refrigerators. :0
  24. I have the same problem on a Toshiba Smart TV... network test says OK, browser works, but most apps have disappeared and others do not start complaining that they need a connection. Setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 does not help. Router is netgear using a 3G (GSM) connection. Worked fine on my previous network provider (ADSL, via a different router). Not surprisingly, the network provider says contact Toshiba, Toshiba say contact the ISP. It must be something to do with the network connection (since I know the TV works - unless it has got itself into an odd state, but resetting has not helped). But lack of diagnostics from the TV makes it impossible to find out what the problem is. Everything else connected through the same router works just fine (various Windows and Linux devices).

Interesting that almost identical issues happen on Samsung TVs... I'm coming to the conclusion that Smart TVs are over complicated and too fragile to work with a complete lack of diagnostic capability. When they work, they're good. When they don't work, you're just screwed. There's very little you can do (even if you're very tech-savvy), and the manufacturer won't be interested in helping you.

Graham.
  25. Drd106 said:
    Same thing here. It was down for a couple of days. And now all my apps disappeared. Resetting everything back to factory didn't help.

Only thing you'll need to do is going in to the smart hub and then : press fast foward / 289 / backwasrds, if it does not work do it faster . you'll see like a updating sing and then select your country and that's it!!!

I'm a samsung spesialist!
  26. None of these fixes seem to work and I keep getting a message saying I am not connected to the network when other apps work fine. Eg. I can get onto iplayer but not the fitness app. Any help much appreciated
  27. no solution for me. tried both dns changes, restarting, unplugging router, hubs, factory resets, disabling firewall and countless hours on the phone and online chat. All firmware updated. it has to be on their end, wether they choose to admit it or not. after countless reset at samsungs request and multiple TECH'S ? I only have top row of apps to access and they work but if i try to access the samsung apps key network interference occurred try again later, pops up immediately. what a joke. Worked fine til tuesday afternoon. Wonder if it has anything to do with the BELKIN Router outage ? wired and wireless connections tried directly to router and directly to modem .Tried the press fast foward / 289 / backwasrds Nothing works......
  28. I've got the same issue. Strange, it was working for years! Common Samsung!
  29. Same problem. Working until a few days ago, tried dns changes, wired connection. It's a bit of a coincidence 3 people have suddenly same issue at same time!
  30. looks like they're starting to fix the problem . can now access the apps key but nothing comes up. and that annoying network interference pop up doesn't come up ! and atleast the loading swirly comes up
    most things work now. all the apps arent categorized but they are there. Finally got PLEX back.
  31. Same problem UE40H6500. It was auto updated to software v.2116. Samsung smart view 2.0 keep connecting and never do connect. Web browser don't show java content any more. It was so good TV and I payed a fortune for it, now it is broken by their stupid auto update.
  32. Same problem just appeared after an update on a UE46D8000.... very annoyed with Samsung. I'm a software tester - I'd be shot for this kind of screw up.
    I've tried everything above - I guess we're just in the hands of Samsung at this point...
  33. same problem here

stopped working all over the sudden. system shows it is connected to the net, but as soon as i start an app, i get the no connection error message
  34. Same problem - have tried the DNS suggestions but no luck. No luck either with turning everything off and on. Just want to watch Prometheus on love film FFS!
  35. David Garratt said:
    Same problem just appeared after an update on a UE46D8000.... very annoyed with Samsung. I'm a software tester - I'd be shot for this kind of screw up.
    I've tried everything above - I guess we're just in the hands of Samsung at this point...

Same issue has just happened to me. Amazon Instant Video and the Samsung Apps app have suddenly stopped working with a "you are not connected to the network" error even though all the other apps I've tried work fine (although some are now taking ages to launch).
  36. MrGilbo said:
    David Garratt said:
    Same problem just appeared after an update on a UE46D8000.... very annoyed with Samsung. I'm a software tester - I'd be shot for this kind of screw up.

Same issue has just happened to me. Amazon Instant Video and the Samsung Apps app have suddenly stopped working with a "you are not connected to the network" error even though all the other apps I've tried work fine (although some are now taking ages to launch).

To me, too :-(
  37. r0msey said:
    Same problem. Working until a few days ago, tried dns changes, wired connection. It's a bit of a coincidence 3 people have suddenly same issue at same time!

Yes, My TV has been working fine for years, and this all of a sudden started happening 2 days ago. Thought it would fix itself (issue on Samsung's side) but it has been a few days and still unable to watch youtube, pandora, etc. Very annoyed.
  38. It's working fine this morning - I've seen other people have experiences the same - give it a few hours and it corrects itself. Annoying though!
  39. I am having a right weird issue, TV says its not connected to the network. Fails testing to router.
    It will however play ITV Player, Channel 5 and also plex over the network.

Tried changing DNS, no luck.

I have a wireless bridge which seems to be the issue. I dont get the issue if I connect directly to my router with wifi.

Its not the bridge as it works perfectly with my pc. Clearly it is connected to the internet as I can browse the web and use some of the apps. However some say I'm not even though displays a valid IP address.
  40. r0msey said:
    Same problem. Working until a few days ago, tried dns changes, wired connection. It's a bit of a coincidence 3 people have suddenly same issue at same time!

I have a wired connection to my Samsung that has worked fine for several years, but I tried to connect for Netflix last night and I am having the same problem. Help Samsung!
  41. My Smart Hub was giving me the Network Interference error for the last 5 days .......... it is working again this morning. I was just about to unhook my network cable from the TV and use the Blu Ray for Netflix. I hope it works when the networks are "busy" at peak hours.
    After trying everything on Saturday morning with no luck - it is OK today ........... I am sure the problem is the Samsung severs.
  42. I have the same problem from yesterday. I have a samsung 55 with evolution kit, and happens the same.
  43. I have the UN50HU8550FXZA and was having this same problem with smart hub apps not working (Net Flix and You Tube worked but all others either got stuck on a spinning circle before timing out or said no connection). I tried all the tricks listed here and elsewhere but no luck. I finally found a solution that worked from a poster on AVS forum. The idea is to remove power and "discharge all capacitors." I unplugged the power from the TV completely; went to the back of the TV (lower right corner) and found the joy stick toggle. Pressed it to turn TV on using the joy stick and the little blue backllight for the Samsung label glowed and then faded to nothing. The red led light for the IR sensor blinked and kept moving the toggle until that blinked no more suggesting any stored power in the TV was gone. Waited 10 minutes, plugged TV back in and turned on. All apps were back to working normally. Hope this helps someone.

Here's the post at AVS: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1522081-official-samsung-4k-hu8550-hu9000-thread-203.html#post28424033
  44. Here's the solution that worked perfectly for me:

I was having the same exact issue with my Samsung UN60H7150. All was fine until today, when the apps starting acting weird. The tv is only two months old. I tried everything from updating to the latest software to the Smart Hub reset, changing the DNS server, etc. Nothing helped.

Do the following, worked for me:

- Unplug the TV from the outlet
    - If you have the small cursor button on back of the TV, press it once, and then again. This time hold it in for about 10 seconds
    - Leave it unplugged for at least 10 mins and then plug it all back in. Give it a few mins to do it's thing and that should fix the app issues! (well at least it did for me)
  45. I got the same problem in Québec canada. I can't load any apps from the Samsung.
    That's realy strange.
    Why so many people have the same problem at the same time ??
  46. ve2syq said:

They aren't. This thread stretches back over nearly two years.
  47. ve2syq said:
    I got the same problem in Québec canada. I can't load any apps from the Samsung.
    That's realy strange.

Im having the same problem as well. I used to own a samsung smart tv and I work at a call center where several customers call in regards to the same issue and rebooting the modem and tv does not resolve it. For whatever reason there is no option on the smart tv to forget the network which would make resolving it so much easier. I have not come across a guaranteed resolution yet.
  48. I have same problem in UAE for Samsung smart tv model un46es8000
  49. Smart tv Led 32 - Argentina - Where I can find information about the Samsung server maintenance?
Ask a new question

Read More

TV Samsung Internet Networking