Sign in with
Your question

Samsung Smart TV network issues

Last response: in Networking
February 19, 2013 8:06:36 AM

I have a Samsung smart tv and I have connected it wirelessly 2 days ago. It was working fine after the initial set up but now none of the apps work. I have done a network test and it confirms that it is connected to the internet with a strong signal.

I click on the apps and it takes a while before the error message comes up with saying the network is not connected, I then run a network test and it confirms that it is connected to the internet with a strong signal!

I have turned everything on and off again but still not working. Can anybody help?
March 3, 2013 6:38:09 PM

dye1806 said:
I have a Samsung smart tv and I have connected it wirelessly 2 days ago. It was working fine after the initial set up but now none of the apps work. I have done a network test and it confirms that it is connected to the internet with a strong signal.

I click on the apps and it takes a while before the error message comes up with saying the network is not connected, I then run a network test and it confirms that it is connected to the internet with a strong signal!

I have turned everything on and off again but still not working. Can anybody help?

----------------
I am having the same problem. We use this all the time and then suddenly todayit will not work. It just says Connecting... for a long time and sometimes if I wait long enough it will come up with an error saying not connected. But testing network status always says it is fine. I rebooted everything and all my othewr devices are fine through the same router.

Did you ever get a resolution?
m
l
March 3, 2013 8:30:43 PM

Same thing here. It was down for a couple of days. And now all my apps disappeared. Resetting everything back to factory didn't help.

m
l
Related resources
May 3, 2013 1:51:20 AM

same problem i am facing. if you try to set the network status it shows the right tick b/w modem and tv but shows cross tick b/w tv and internet.
what i noticed it is connected after some time. turn on your tv and watch some thing else (tv or videos from USB) after 20-40 min when you will switch to smart hub it would be able to connect to internet.
in the same way i am connecting my tv to internet daily. it does not work just after turn on the tv.
m
l
August 1, 2013 3:43:50 AM

dye1806 said:

Pease try changing in Network Settings your DNS server to 8.8.8.8.

m
l
October 29, 2013 5:59:01 PM

edfhinton said:
dye1806 said:

----------------
I am having the same problem. We use this all the time and then suddenly todayit will not work. It just says Connecting... for a long time and sometimes if I wait long enough it will come up with an error saying not connected. But testing network status always says it is fine. I rebooted everything and all my othewr devices are fine through the same router.

m
l
February 11, 2014 2:44:40 PM

dancman said:
dye1806 said:

Thank you, this worked immediately.
m
l
February 11, 2014 8:15:44 PM

ratchef said:
dancman said:
dye1806 said:

A DNS fix then. Nice one :) 
m
l
February 21, 2014 3:05:25 PM

MartinWilson said:
ratchef said:
dancman said:
dye1806 said:

A DNS fix then. Nice one :) 

Tried this , says its connected but still samsung hub keeps saying im not connected, was working fine until yesterday
m
l
March 15, 2014 9:31:39 PM

dancman said:
dye1806 said:

That worked immediately for me, thanks!
m
l
March 16, 2014 10:38:53 AM

dancman said:
dye1806 said:

Thank you, dancman! Manually setting the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 worked for us too. This problem (which happened out of the blue after an internet outage) was driving us crazy.
m
l
March 23, 2014 5:44:57 PM

edfhinton said:
dye1806 said:

----------------

m
l
March 24, 2014 6:27:53 AM

Suedunlap said:
edfhinton said:
dye1806 said:

----------------

m
l
March 24, 2014 6:29:55 AM

Yes I found the answer, click on the menu button on your remote, then go to network settings. Set the DNL manually to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and that should do the trick. Let me know if it worked for you
m
l
April 2, 2014 4:13:46 PM

I had the same issues,
changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 worked instantly
Tech boy
m
l
April 24, 2014 3:19:55 AM

Janiska said:
Suedunlap said:
edfhinton said:
dye1806 said:

----------------

Janiska said:
Yes I found the answer, click on the menu button on your remote, then go to network settings. Set the DNL manually to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and that should do the trick. Let me know if it worked for you

tech monkey said:
I had the same issues,
changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 worked instantly
Tech boy

I am having the same problem with a wired router connection for a ps64f8500.
I can get a wireless internet connection but not a wired one?!?
I have tried resetting etc and changing the DNS but always the same issue...connected to network but not the internet!!!!
m
l
May 14, 2014 5:08:59 PM

Drd106 said:
Same thing here. It was down for a couple of days. And now all my apps disappeared. Resetting everything back to factory didn't help.

Did you ever connect? I am having the same problem and just remembered, they sent out a notification that they would be doing repair work.
I don't remember the days, but an unable to connect, won't even find my wifi.
m
l
June 20, 2014 8:08:08 PM

dye1806 said:

I believe that you found the solution to be a DNS issue. I've disconnected my TV from the Internet and simply use it for viewing shows on my intranet as I've found none of the apps were worth using, except Netflix which I've since discontinued.

If you have this problem in the future, I've found that when Samsung's servers are down (which is QUITE FREQUENT) everything stops working. After nearly a half a dozen of these and as I noted that the apps are crap I said the heck with and secured my box by changing the gateway to a bogus address so that it wouldn't connect to the Internet.

m
l
July 1, 2014 1:30:00 PM

dancman said:
dye1806 said:

Thanks a lot dancman. I started having this issues from today morning and followed your suggestion and its fixed. Thanks.

m
l
July 1, 2014 1:49:02 PM

dancman said:
dye1806 said:

Thank u so much. It worked immediately.. :) 
m
l
July 1, 2014 2:16:26 PM

My web browser app on my 6200 samsung smart tv quit working. I turned the smart hub on and then clicked on " tools"... A menu came up with " re- install" in it. Clicked on that and it restored my web browser app to working condition.
Hope this helps someone.
Cliff

m
l
July 4, 2014 5:04:57 PM

Unfortunately, either 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 did not help me. I have internet going to the TV as i can use the browser and get to various sites. The apps, however, do not load and the screen remains dark. No circular indicator to indicate activity or anything. Any other options?

dancman said:
dye1806 said:

m
l
!