My acer aspire 5349 was messing up so i did a recovery in hopes of fixing it and

Need help!
5 answers Last reply
More about acer aspire 5349 messing recovery hopes fixing
  1. Take it you used 'Alt + F10' to restore to Factory settings and it failed? Either a hardware failure or corrupt recovery partition. How was it 'messing up'? To check if it's software you'll either need Recovery Disks from Acer or a Win 7 Installation disk. You could download W7 and create your own installation disk if you have access to another machine.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604187-legal-download-digitalriver-windows-7-sp1-13-languages.html
  2. have you actually tested the hardware first to check what is actually wrong?
  3. You need to put the post in the right field, not in the title. The title has a character limit. The only thing we got was "in hopes of fixing it and" then "need help". What is after the "and"?
  4. dodger46 said:
    Take it you used 'Alt + F10' to restore to Factory settings and it failed? Either a hardware failure or corrupt recovery partition. How was it 'messing up'? To check if it's software you'll either need Recovery Disks from Acer or a Win 7 Installation disk. You could download W7 and create your own installation disk if you have access to another machine.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604187-legal-download-digitalriver-windows-7-sp1-13-languages.html

When i turn the computer on it says i need to install windows. So if i buy windows 7 insallation disk will that fix it?
  5. karwedsky said:
    When i turn the computer on it says i need to install windows. So if i buy windows 7 insallation disk will that fix it?

What exactly did you do, what happened? No need to spend at least $100 on a Windows 7 disk when you may already have it. Should have had a recovery partition with Windows on the system when you bought it, and a way to make a backup DVD set to re-install. If you contact ACER they may be able to send you a restore disk set for a lot cheaper than a new Windows 7 purchase.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Data Recovery Aspire Acer Windows 7