Sign in with
Your question

My acer aspire 5349 was messing up so i did a recovery in hopes of fixing it and

Last response: in Windows 7
June 7, 2012 9:06:58 PM
a b $ Windows 7
June 7, 2012 9:48:40 PM

Take it you used 'Alt + F10' to restore to Factory settings and it failed? Either a hardware failure or corrupt recovery partition. How was it 'messing up'? To check if it's software you'll either need Recovery Disks from Acer or a Win 7 Installation disk. You could download W7 and create your own installation disk if you have access to another machine.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604...

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 7, 2012 10:10:12 PM

have you actually tested the hardware first to check what is actually wrong?
m
l
Related resources
a c 352 $ Windows 7
June 8, 2012 3:23:40 PM

You need to put the post in the right field, not in the title. The title has a character limit. The only thing we got was "in hopes of fixing it and" then "need help". What is after the "and"?
m
l
June 13, 2012 3:28:31 AM

dodger46 said:
Take it you used 'Alt + F10' to restore to Factory settings and it failed? Either a hardware failure or corrupt recovery partition. How was it 'messing up'? To check if it's software you'll either need Recovery Disks from Acer or a Win 7 Installation disk. You could download W7 and create your own installation disk if you have access to another machine.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604...lriver-windows-7-sp1-13-languages.html

When i turn the computer on it says i need to install windows. So if i buy windows 7 insallation disk will that fix it?
m
l
a c 352 $ Windows 7
June 13, 2012 2:38:04 PM

karwedsky said:
When i turn the computer on it says i need to install windows. So if i buy windows 7 insallation disk will that fix it?

What exactly did you do, what happened? No need to spend at least $100 on a Windows 7 disk when you may already have it. Should have had a recovery partition with Windows on the system when you bought it, and a way to make a backup DVD set to re-install. If you contact ACER they may be able to send you a restore disk set for a lot cheaper than a new Windows 7 purchase.
m
l
!