Sanyo 8200 still not made an appearance.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040415/cgth006_1.html

Yesterday SprintPCS had a press release, in unambiguous language it said:

"The new phone is available nationwide in Sprint Stores and online at
www.sprintpcs.com for $129.99 after rebates (SRP: $279.99)."

Not "we are announcing we will have for sale", not "soon", not "this
month", but "is available".

Except still, a day later, now April 16, it is not showing on the
SprintPCS website.

And then a SprintPCS employee tries to totally distort things by saying:

In article <7e761144.0404151801.40b8f5ed@posting.google.com>,
> Just because a company announces that they will carry something,
> doesn't mean that it is instantly available.

Certainly true, but that is not at all what SprintPCS said. And of
course that employee omitted the URL, so you couldn't see that Sprint
said "is available".

Mike

Splendid

Robert M. wrote:
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040415/cgth006_1.html
>
> Yesterday SprintPCS had a press release, in unambiguous language it said:
>
> "The new phone is available nationwide in Sprint Stores and online at
> www.sprintpcs.com for $129.99 after rebates (SRP: $279.99)."
>
> Not "we are announcing we will have for sale", not "soon", not "this
> month", but "is available".
>
> Except still, a day later, now April 16, it is not showing on the
> SprintPCS website.
>
> And then a SprintPCS employee tries to totally distort things by saying:
>

> In article <7e761144.0404151801.40b8f5ed@posting.google.com>,
>
>>Just because a company announces that they will carry something,
>>doesn't mean that it is instantly available.
>

> Certainly true, but that is not at all what SprintPCS said. And of
> course that employee omitted the URL, so you couldn't see that Sprint
> said "is available".

I've been using my blue 8200 since 11am yesterday. In my experience,
it's available.
-mike

In article <yoQfc.12642$k05.5054@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Robert M. wrote:
> > http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040415/cgth006_1.html
> >
> > Yesterday SprintPCS had a press release, in unambiguous language it said:
> >
> > "The new phone is available nationwide in Sprint Stores and online at
> > www.sprintpcs.com for $129.99 after rebates (SRP: $279.99)."
> >
> > Not "we are announcing we will have for sale", not "soon", not "this
> > month", but "is available".
> >
> > Except still, a day later, now April 16, it is not showing on the
> > SprintPCS website.
> >
> > And then a SprintPCS employee tries to totally distort things by saying:
> >

> > In article <7e761144.0404151801.40b8f5ed@posting.google.com>,
> >
> >>Just because a company announces that they will carry something,
> >>doesn't mean that it is instantly available.
> >

> > Certainly true, but that is not at all what SprintPCS said. And of
> > course that employee omitted the URL, so you couldn't see that Sprint
> > said "is available".
>
> I've been using my blue 8200 since 11am yesterday. In my experience,
> it's available.

Strange you don't tell us how you got it, and you didn't use the word
"purchased". It's certainly not yet available on the web for the rest
of us. Anyway, congratulations on your new phone. How about a review?

So I called a couple of Company owned stores in Houston.

They do have the Sanyo 8200 in stock.

They have not yet seen unit one of the Nokia 6225.

Mike

Splendid

Robert M. wrote:

>>I've been using my blue 8200 since 11am yesterday. In my experience,
>>it's available.
>

> Strange you don't tell us how you got it, and you didn't use the word
> "purchased". It's certainly not yet available on the web for the rest
> of us. Anyway, congratulations on your new phone. How about a review?

That having been said, the phone was purchased, as my bank account will
heartily attest. :)

I called telesales. Put it on a credit card. It really works quite well.
I bought the blue one, and the web site photos just don't allow you an
appreciation for the translucent nature of the phone's finish. While
this is my first Sanyo, I've used them at work, and my friends have had
them in the past. This phone's menu system is much more polished than
what I'm used to seeing on a Sanyo. The alien from the 8100 has given
way to a polar bear. Battery life, with ReadyLink on seems about the
same as my VGA 1000. Good, but not great camera. Really pleasant
browsing experience with really snappy response and a very cool mode
indicator. MO-SMS retains my preference for T9, but sadly, the browser
doesn't. Good array of lous ringers, and I can't say I'm having any
problems with low volume/picky earpiece placement. The key backlighting
is green, and fairly bright at that. The wall charger is a standardized
charging connector, though the phone has a more traditional Sanyo plug
as well. The LED flash is moderately bright, and I really like the
flashlight feature, as well as the ability to make a place a readylink
call without opening the flip. Reception seems good, but I've not really
taken the 8200 on a trip yet.
While the glossy plastic is a clever design choice, I see scratches in
my future.

When I log into my account from my PC, it's listed as an "unknown
device" and none of my downloads are showing compatibility - I suspect
they still haven't updated their compatibility data to include the 8200.

In article <dMYfc.13304$k05.3454@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> While the glossy plastic is a clever design choice, I see scratches in
> my future.

Head to your nearest Target. There in Electronics they sell Sanyo/GE
Cellular Accesories, and a $10 8100 Case should help protect your phone.
They also have the Sanyo 4900 car Charger that will work with an 8200
for $12.

If you can see your way clear to disabling ReadyLink, your battery Life
(between charges) will at least double.

Enjoy your phone, I think it's a winner, a poor man's VM4500.

Mike

Splendid

Robert M. wrote:
> In article <dMYfc.13304$k05.3454@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
>

>>While the glossy plastic is a clever design choice, I see scratches in
>>my future.
>

> Head to your nearest Target. There in Electronics they sell Sanyo/GE
> Cellular Accesories, and a $10 8100 Case should help protect your phone.
> They also have the Sanyo 4900 car Charger that will work with an 8200
> for $12.

Good idea, and the dimensions are similar, but the camera is in a
completely different place on the 8200, so I'll wait for the Body Glove
model that's supposed to be available soon. Sprint has been offering the
ReadyLink packs for $59.99, and if they put one out for the 8200, I'll
be buying it.

> If you can see your way clear to disabling ReadyLink, your battery Life
> (between charges) will at least double.

But it's such a fun toy! :)

In article <NXYfc.13329$k05.11873@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Good idea, and the dimensions are similar, but the camera is in a
> completely different place on the 8200, so I'll wait for the Body Glove
> model that's supposed to be available soon. Sprint has been offering the
> ReadyLink packs for $59.99, and if they put one out for the 8200, I'll
> be buying it.

Maybe an RL2500 Glove would fit?