Sign in with
Your question

Active directory problem

Last response: in Networking
February 19, 2013 10:24:55 AM

user can't login into domain with right credentials in active directory
February 19, 2013 5:11:26 PM

Is the account locked or disabled? To check go to the user object in AD -> Account Tab -> Account options.

Failing that, have you ruled out user error? Capslock/numlock etc which could be altering the imputed password?
February 21, 2013 5:10:11 PM

This problem is only happening to one computer that is on a domain none of the users can log on to this computer I was thinking that the computer profile got corrupted will joining the computer the domain sort this problem out?
Related resources
February 22, 2013 1:26:04 AM

eoinbarra said:
This problem is only happening to one computer that is on a domain none of the users can log on to this computer I was thinking that the computer profile got corrupted will joining the computer the domain sort this problem out?

I ran into this problem with a Win 7 computer today. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but I'll tell you what I did. First, I created the computer in active directory users and computers. Once that was done, I went to the computer and went into the network adapter's IP4 properties. It was set to get a DNS server address automatically, so I changed that to be the DNS server on the network. Once I did that, the computer was joined to the domain and all problems magically went away. After a reboot, I changed that DNS setting back to obtain an address automatically. I have NO idea what caused the problem to this one computer or why that fixed it. Anyway, might be worth trying if you are still having the problem. Good luck.
February 22, 2013 2:39:40 AM

eoinbarra said:

If the computer is not on the domain, how can the a user logon to a domain account? Or did you mean RE-joining to the domain?

Remove it from the domain and re-ad it, should take care of things.
February 22, 2013 6:29:54 PM

thanks for your mesage that sorted it out removed compuer domain and re joined the computer to the domain
February 22, 2013 6:31:41 PM

thanks for your answers that sorted that out removed the computer and Re-Joined the computer to the domain
!