Solved

Corrupt? on Fresh Install

Hello, I recently decided to reformat my computer and ever since, I've been having multiple issues and can't pinpoint the problem. I have various problems:

-Windows Updates will just hang forever when trying to install
-When viewing videos or Netflix, it seems to BSOD when I switch tabs on the web browser. This happens with videos using both Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight.
-When I run sfc /scannow, corrupt files were found that can't be fixed. Here is part of the log:

2012-06-07 18:23:11, Info CSI 00000134 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:82{41}]"\??\C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Architecture"\[l:18{9}]"img15.jpg"; source file in store is also corrupted

2012-06-07 18:24:40, Info CSI 000002dc [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:82{41}]"\??\C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Architecture"\[l:18{9}]"img15.jpg"; source file in store is also corrupted

Here are the computer specs:

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
MOBO: asRock P67 xtreme4 gen3
CPU: Intel I7 2600k Sandybridge
RAM: G Skill 2X8GB DDR3 1333
GPU: eVGA 560 TI
Burner: LG Bluray Burner
SSD: Samsung 830 64GB

I have a 2nd SSD and 2 other HDD but I have disconnected them from the computer while trying to figure out the issue. I have installed Windows 7 with my genuine disc and a sp1 disc and both have sfc corrupt errors on a fresh install.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corrupt fresh install
  1. Just wanted to mention also that I installed the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and don't receive a sfc error. Haven't tried the windows updates.
  2. Best answer
    Use older video drivers from nVidia, the new ones crash in web video.
    Try using a different drive for the setup, may get rid of the file errors that way.
  3. hang-the-9 said:
    Use older video drivers from nVidia, the new ones crash in web video.
    Try using a different drive for the setup, may get rid of the file errors that way.

After doing much testing and many installs of Windows 7 with different components and ports being used, the culprit looks to be one of my sticks of RAM. It seems whenever I install Windows 7 with this stick, the install comes out corrupt and I have tons of issues.

Left out the stick and have had no problems since my last install of Windows 7. Going to have to RMA it back to G.Skill
  4. Best answer selected by f4ythi.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7