Network HotSync on Mac?

June 12, 2004 9:12:28 AM

Can I HotSync via a TCP/IP connection on Mac OS X?

I know on Windows the HotSync manager has a "network" option. But I just
downloaded the Mac OS X Palm Desktop 4.2.1/HotSync Manager 3.2. It only has
these Connection Settings options:

"Internal Modem"
"PalmConnect"
"USB"

Thats it. No "Network" option. Does that mean it cannot sync via TCP/IP on a
Mac?

Thanks.

More about : network hotsync mac

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 3:48:53 PM

In article <BCEFFAEC.9E4%mack@mack.mack>, mack <mack@mack.mack> wrote:

> Thats it. No "Network" option. Does that mean it cannot sync via TCP/IP on a
> Mac?

Not with Palm Desktop.

Our next generation Missing Sync due out later this year supports
Network as well as Bluetooth and USB. See
http://www.markspace.com/cobalt.html for more details. You can use it
with or w/o a base station (ie, you can use a PowerBook that isn't
connected to the internet, but does have an airport card for example).
This is for all devices with Palm OS 4.x and up.

Brian
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 9:22:05 PM

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:48:53 -0700, Brian Hall wrote:

> Our next generation Missing Sync due out later this year supports
> Network as well as Bluetooth and USB.

You can do this now, with pilot-link and Florent Pillet's USB/TCP
Bridge product, if you wish, or just use pilot-link directly on your OSX
machine to handle it with one package (sans pretty GUI of course).
!