Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Front page 2003 and windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
February 20, 2010 2:15:07 PM

Hello,
when i try to save a webpage in in windows 7 i get the error "not enough memory" tried running in xp mode both 2 &3 service pack with same results and ideas for a fix looks like MS wants us to upgrade their new software.
a c 209 $ Windows 7
a b } Memory
February 20, 2010 7:53:33 PM

I'm running FrontPage 2000 under 64-bit Windows 7 and having no problems at all with it. It runs fine without having to use XP mode or any compatibility mode settings.
Score
February 27, 2010 10:37:52 AM

I will have to see if I can find that old cd and give it a try.
Thanks for the help.
Score
Related resources
April 10, 2010 3:40:13 AM

While I don't have a solution to the error, I did discover a way to get around it.

Create a new page and build it as you normally would. Select the "Code View" at the bottom and highlight and copy ALL of the html code of your <new_page_1.htm> that won't save.

Open Notepad (or other text editor) and copy the <new_page_1.htm> code to it for a later reference.

Now go back to FP2003 and from the main website tab where all your pages are, select any previously saved webpage and copy and paste it into the folder where you'd have saved <new_page_1.htm> if you could. You should end up with a copy of it, and if you copied and pasted it to the same folder FP's default naming system should say something like this: <webpage.htm>and <webpage_copy(1).htm>.

Return to Notepad where you saved the html code of your newly built page and highlight and copy ALL of the html code once again.

Open <webpage_copy(1).htm> and select the "Code View" of this page. Highlight ALL of this page's html code and paste your <new_page_1.htm> code in its place.

Then SAVE (not "save as") <webpage_copy(1).htm>. The error only affects "save as", not "save".

Then from the "web site" tab listing all your files, simply click on the file name of <webpage_copy(1).htm> and rename it <mynewpagename.htm> like you would to rename any other file on your computer.

TA DA! Your newly built page is saved under its proper file name.

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

I realize its a complicated way to do it, but it works, and I have yet to find a real solution to the error anywhere, so this'll have to work for now.

Happy page building!

P.S.
Should you be starting from scratch with a new website without any pages built yet, I have a solution to this too:

Create a sub-web from your main web domain. FP will automatically create a <_private> and a <images> folder as well as an <index.htm> file. Use your sub-web's <index.htm> as your previously saved page to copy and paste. You can copy it from the sub-web and paste it into your main web with no problem.
Score
September 18, 2010 7:32:22 PM

When I try to insert an image I get that error. At first I had no problems with Front Page now all of a sudden it began ..I tried doing what you did, tried cleaning my temp folder, tried running the troubleshooter and I really don't want to have to learn a new program. Has anyone found a resolution to this problem yet?

akimjim said:
Hello,
when i try to save a webpage in in windows 7 i get the error "not enough memory" tried running in xp mode both 2 &3 service pack with same results and ideas for a fix looks like MS wants us to upgrade their new software.

Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 18, 2010 7:46:50 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!