Games that generate random weapons

Hi,

I was just wondering, could anybody tell me of any games where the
statistics on weapons that are found are randomly generated?

Please don't mention the 'D' word! Please! I wanna move on, meet
others, grow as a person....

Are there any games where guns are dropped randomly?

Thanks

Asfand Yar Qazi <ay0305@qazi.f2s.com> once tried to test me with:

> I was just wondering, could anybody tell me of any games where the
> statistics on weapons that are found are randomly generated?
>
> Please don't mention the 'D' word! Please! I wanna move on, meet
> others, grow as a person....

Sacred Plus has random loot. So did the game Darkstone. And that new game
Fate has randomized loot. These are all fantasy-themed.

> Are there any games where guns are dropped randomly?

Maybe Restricted Area. I ordered it, should be here in a day or two. It's
supposed to be Diablo II with a cyberpunk theme.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 02:46:11 +0100, Asfand Yar Qazi <ay0305@qazi.f2s.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was just wondering, could anybody tell me of any games where the
>statistics on weapons that are found are randomly generated?

Angband (+ variants) and ADOM are the only two ones that I know of - magic
items are generated with random to-hit/damage stats, and are sometimes
given a special attribute.

>Please don't mention the 'D' word! Please! I wanna move on, meet
>others, grow as a person....

Seems that other posters made that recommendation. :)

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> I was just wondering, could anybody tell me of any games where the
> statistics on weapons that are found are randomly generated?
>
> Please don't mention the 'D' word! Please! I wanna move on, meet
> others, grow as a person....

All weapons and gear in Dungeon Siege were randomly generated. At
least the original campaign in Dungeon Siege 1... I think the Legends
of Arana campaign introduced armor sets with fixed attributes in
addition to the randomized loot.

<ay0305@qazi.f2s.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was just wondering, could anybody tell me of any games where the
>statistics on weapons that are found are randomly generated?
>
>Please don't mention the 'D' word! Please! I wanna move on, meet
>others, grow as a person....
>
>Are there any games where guns are dropped randomly?
>
>Thanks

Fate !

www.fatethegame.com

A blatent D2 ripoff, but well worth a go.

And what's with all the carrots ?

In article <d809q3$nne$1@domitilla.aioe.org>, ay0305@qazi.f2s.com says...

>I was just wondering, could anybody tell me of any games where the
>statistics on weapons that are found are randomly generated?

>Please don't mention the 'D' word! Please! I wanna move on, meet
>others, grow as a person....

>Are there any games where guns are dropped randomly?

Might & Magic 3, 4, 5, and SoX had randomly generated weapons, and armor. A
weapon would have a name, which had certain base statistics, and it could
randomly modified by three modifiers: elemental, plus value and statistical.
The elemental modifiers were various levels of fire, electricity, cold, etc.
The plus modifier is self evident, but had names like wooden, brass, diamond,
etc. The statistical modifier were various levels of character stats such as
might, accuracy, speed, etc. Thus you could have a mystic ebony photon scimitar
or a pyric wooden ego club.

Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.