18 month changes

i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to the
18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
what it could be?

Capt.
41 answers Last reply
More about month changes

    In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
    "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

    > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to the
    > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
    > what it could be?

    The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
    month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
    mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

    yeah but interpretation I assume doesn't matter much since a csr would have
    the final say.

    Capt.

    In article <10857mnlru5n431@corp.supernews.com>,
    "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

    > yeah but interpretation I assume doesn't matter much since a csr would have
    > the final say.

    Then why ask here?

    > Capt.
    > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
    > > "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
    > the
    > > > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this
    > or
    > > > what it could be?
    > >
    > > The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
    > > month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
    > > mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

    I was asking because I keep hearing things are changing and this seems to be
    a place where the information is pretty accurate and people seem to have the
    info.

    In article <10858bh2tno7u95@corp.supernews.com>,
    "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

    > I was asking because I keep hearing things are changing and this seems to be
    > a place where the information is pretty accurate and people seem to have the
    > info.

    and some SprintPCS employees will give an answer whether they know or
    not. i.e. Does the Sanyo 7300 have FLASH? **or** If I upgrade to a
    plan with more minutes do I need to take a new 2 year contract?

    > In article <10858bh2tno7u95@corp.supernews.com>,
    > "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I was asking because I keep hearing things are changing and this seems
    to be
    > > a place where the information is pretty accurate and people seem to have
    the
    > > info.
    >
    > and some SprintPCS employees will give an answer whether they know or
    > not. i.e. Does the Sanyo 7300 have FLASH? **or** If I upgrade to a
    > plan with more minutes do I need to take a new 2 year contract?

    And you do the same- frequently.

    In article <rmarkoff-2163C1.10242918042004
    @news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
    > "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
    >
    > > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to the
    > > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
    > > what it could be?
    >
    > The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
    > month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
    > mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

    Apples and oranges, Phill. There are three situations possible in
    the purchase of a phone:

    Handset Upgrade Program
    New User activating in-store
    "Just" a phone purchase.

    That latter one, when done for a new line (but not in-store, as when
    the phone is presented as a gift to someone else), that's what the
    mail-in rebate you're seeing is talking about.

    And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed. But not radically. It's still
    18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
    full 18 months to qualify.

    There's a couple of other changes, but that's the largest one.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <rmarkoff-A08923.10534218042004
    @news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > and some SprintPCS employees will give an answer whether they know or
    > not. i.e. Does the Sanyo 7300 have FLASH?

    It doesn't.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <rmarkoff-2163C1.10242918042004
    > @news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > > In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
    > > "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
    > > > the
    > > > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
    > > > what it could be?
    > >
    > > The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
    > > month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
    > > mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.
    > >

    > Apples and oranges, Phill. There are three situations possible in
    > the purchase of a phone:
    >
    > Handset Upgrade Program
    > New User activating in-store
    > "Just" a phone purchase.
    >
    > That latter one, when done for a new line (but not in-store, as when
    > the phone is presented as a gift to someone else), that's what the
    > mail-in rebate you're seeing is talking about.
    >
    > And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed.

    But it doesn't say word one about 18 months on the phone purchase page.

    > But not radically. It's still
    > 18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
    > full 18 months to qualify.

    Isn't every phone a Vision phone? So Sprint just raised prices by $15
    for every user?

    > There's a couple of other changes, but that's the largest one.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
    In article <rmarkoff-2163C1.10242918042004
    @news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
    > "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
    >
    > > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
    the
    > > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this
    or
    > > what it could be?
    >
    > The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
    > month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
    > mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

    Apples and oranges, Phill. There are three situations possible in
    the purchase of a phone:

    Handset Upgrade Program
    New User activating in-store
    "Just" a phone purchase.

    That latter one, when done for a new line (but not in-store, as when
    the phone is presented as a gift to someone else), that's what the
    mail-in rebate you're seeing is talking about.

    And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed. But not radically. It's still
    18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
    full 18 months to qualify.

    The web site says -

    "Consumer InformationSprint PCS Phone Number 704-XXX-XXXX
    First Name XXXX
    Last Name XXXXX

    Eligibility Information To receive rebate customer must:
    Sign up and remain on a $35 or higher monthly Sprint PCS Service Plan
    Renew a one or two year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement
    Sprint PCS Phone must remain active for a minimum of 30 days
    If purchasing a Vision Handset you must sign up for a Vision Service Plan.
    Have an account in good standing

    The Sprint PCS Phone activated with this Sprint PCS Phone number meets the
    18 month age requirement. "

    Now, I'm already on a 2 yr. contract, already subscribe to Vision, and would
    certainly have the new PCS phone active for a minimum of 30 days.

    I've check now, on two occasions with CS on the deal to get the rebate, as
    my daughter's phone qualifies. In speaking with both reps, they said it was
    a requirement to subscribe to Vision (if one was not subscribed before), and
    that one could drop the Vision option within the two free months (again, if
    Vision was not a subscribed option previously).

    No matter what, the rebate check comes within 4 to 6 weeks, easily within
    the 60 day free trial of Vision and I could drop Vision after receiving that
    rebate check with no penalty or a surcharge of the rebate refunded to me.
    Now, for yours truly, it's no big deal to keep Vision on my daughter's
    phone, as it's only $5/mo, for her "add a phone" on my account, and she does
    use it occasionally.

    Bob
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rmarkoff-6E62B4.05375626042004
    @news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > But it doesn't say word one about 18 months on the phone purchase page.

    Because that page isn't talking about Handset Upgrade Program. Did
    you even read what I posted?

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <JX6jc.13292$e4.2562@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

    > I've check now, on two occasions with CS on the deal to get the rebate, as
    > my daughter's phone qualifies. In speaking with both reps, they said it was
    > a requirement to subscribe to Vision (if one was not subscribed before), and
    > that one could drop the Vision option within the two free months (again, if
    > Vision was not a subscribed option previously).

    That's under the "old" upgrade program. You stay with that until you
    use it, and then the new one kicks in.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <JX6jc.13292$e4.2562@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

    > I've check now, on two occasions with CS on the deal to get the rebate, as
    > my daughter's phone qualifies. In speaking with both reps, they said it
    was
    > a requirement to subscribe to Vision (if one was not subscribed before),
    and
    > that one could drop the Vision option within the two free months (again,
    if
    > Vision was not a subscribed option previously).

    That's under the "old" upgrade program. You stay with that until you
    use it, and then the new one kicks in.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    What "new one" are you talking about? I go to
    http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/ , plug in my zip and phone numbers, and
    it says the phone qualifies for the rebate. A rebate sent via the mail. So,
    if this is an old rebate form, why does SPCS still have it available on
    line?

    By the by, in the prior messages in this thread, you said -

    "And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed. But not radically. It's still
    18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the full
    18 months to qualify."

    And then I replied -

    "With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
    month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
    does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time. (Where
    did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
    period?)"

    There is nothing in the verbiage of the rebate web page above about having
    to subscribe to Vision for the prior 18 months on the phone being replaced.

    Now, ole Phillipe has taken your comments about 18 months, as you may have
    noticed, and thinks that one has to subscribe for 18 "more" months of Vision
    to qualify for the $150 credit. I'd ask you to reply to this, as ole
    Phillipe apparently has me kill filtered to explain it's not necessary to
    subscribe to Vision for 18 months on the new phone and that his $270 figure
    is as bogus as a $3 bill.

    If the prior phone was not a Vision phone, yes ... a new Vision option needs
    to be added to the account, $15/mo. or $5/mo. if it's an add a phone with
    Vision on another phone in the plan. The customer can cancel the Vision
    option anytime, and if cancelled within the 60 day trail period, there is no
    additional expense.

    Bob
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <derkc.55$Hs1.43@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

    > "With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
    > month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
    > does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time. (Where
    > did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
    > period?)"
    >
    > There is nothing in the verbiage of the rebate web page above about having
    > to subscribe to Vision for the prior 18 months on the phone being replaced.

    I'll double check then. We were trained on this, and asked about it
    three separate times.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <c73f3e0365a53b2ba72dd92267b9b238@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <derkc.55$Hs1.43@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > usirsclt No Way Spam @earthlink.net says...
    > >
    > > "With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
    > > month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
    > > does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time. (Where
    > > did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
    > > period?)"
    > >
    > > There is nothing in the verbiage of the rebate web page above about having
    > > to subscribe to Vision for the prior 18 months on the phone being replaced.
    > >

    > I'll double check then. We were trained on this, and asked about it
    > three separate times.

    Thank you, we'd all like to know if there's been a change. SprintPCS is
    certainly entitled to make any changes they want, but it did seem an 18
    month requirment to Vision would be unfair.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <d03e6b78a12ecf0a32b49fdc5029ad63@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <rmarkoff-5837A1.04375730042004
    > @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > >
    > > YES, sir.
    > >

    > Still stuck on your same old dishonest tactics. Completely invent
    > some new criticism and then repeat it over and over and refuse to
    > actually discuss it.

    NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
    then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
    posted.

    > Vision is the same cost it's been for over a year. No price
    > increase.

    And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
    INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.

    And you already admitted you might be wrong about that when Smith also
    questioned you.

    In article <derkc.55$Hs1.43@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    usirsclt No Way Spam @earthlink.net says...

    >"With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
    > month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
    > does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time.
    > (Where did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
    > period?)"

    You answered:
    O/Siris <0siris@sprntpcs.com> wrote:-

    > I'll double check then. We were trained on this, and asked about it
    > three separate times.

    So how is it I am dishonest and Smith is not with the same question??
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <d03e6b78a12ecf0a32b49fdc5029ad63@news.teranews.com>,
    > O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <rmarkoff-5837A1.04375730042004
    > > @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > > >
    > > > YES, sir.
    > > >

    > > Still stuck on your same old dishonest tactics. Completely invent
    > > some new criticism and then repeat it over and over and refuse to
    > > actually discuss it.
    >
    > NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
    > then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
    > posted.
    >

    > > Vision is the same cost it's been for over a year. No price
    > > increase.
    >
    > And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
    > INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.
    >
    > And you already admitted you might be wrong about that when Smith also
    > questioned you.

    There is no text that says the customer has to maintain Vision ... if they
    don't want to. They can cancel it anytime after they get the rebate check,
    which will be well in the 60 day free trial period.

    This whole rebuttal of yours Phillipe is a false argument.

    Bob
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
    @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
    > then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
    > posted.

    Wrong again, liar. I didn't go after you. I disagreed, and still
    do.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
    @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
    > INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.

    And there is no such requirement. It is a new prerequisite for a
    completely voluntary program. But it is not required.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    (Bob Smith) wrote:
    <<There is no text that says the customer has to maintain Vision ... if
    they don't want to. They can cancel it anytime after they get the rebate
    check, which will be well in the 60 day free trial period.>>

    There is no text on the website as far as I can tell, but there is text
    about that on the physical rebate form that I picked up from Radio
    Shack. It tells the customer that you have to activate Vision (if you
    choose a Vision phone) and keep it on your account for 18 months in
    order to qualify for the rebate. I am not sure what they do if you
    cancel it after you get the check, but it does state so on the form
    itself.

    Eric
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <9593a9c1deee56ce902104a483da51f2@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
    > @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > > And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
    > > INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.
    > >

    > And there is no such requirement. It is a new prerequisite for a
    > completely voluntary program. But it is not required.

    So for a rebate in the future yoiu ahve to subscribe to Vision for 18
    months?

    In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
    rebate but don't use Vision.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <9593a9c1deee56ce902104a483da51f2@news.teranews.com>,
    > O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
    > > @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > > > And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
    > > > INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.
    > > >

    > > And there is no such requirement. It is a new prerequisite for a
    > > completely voluntary program. But it is not required.
    >
    > So for a rebate in the future yoiu ahve to subscribe to Vision for 18
    > months?
    >
    > In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
    > rebate but don't use Vision.

    Prices haven't increased- potential savings have been impacted. The phones
    and service cost just as much as they did last week.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <d29e4979e4d74ec51e40526cf7ede73a@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
    > @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > > NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
    > > then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
    > > posted.
    > >

    > Wrong again, liar. I didn't go after you. I disagreed, and still
    > do.

    I'm called a liar because I identify a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE that you lie
    and refuse to admit is an increase? What a disgrace to SprintPCS you are.

    So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
    months?

    In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
    rebate but don't use Vision.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
    > months?

    -->For this rebate you do.

    > In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
    > rebate but don't use Vision.

    -->Is this a general rebate or a 'Vision' rebate? It looks like they are
    doing the rebate for having the 'Vision' service, not for buying overall
    service?
    So if one doesn't want 'Vision', why would they get the 'Vision' rebate?

    Scotty
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    >snip>

    > Prices haven't increased- potential savings have been impacted. The
    phones
    > and service cost just as much as they did last week.

    -->Exactly. I don't see a price increase on my bill either.
    I don't see any difference from what Sprint is doing, to what any other
    company is doing, from the standpoint of promotional rebates and changing
    them to promote certain services.

    Scotty
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote in message news:fJOkc.13340$sK3.5484@nwrddc03.gnilink.net...
    >> So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
    >> months?
    >
    > -->For this rebate you do.
    >
    >> In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
    >> rebate but don't use Vision.
    >
    > -->Is this a general rebate or a 'Vision' rebate? It looks like they are
    > doing the rebate for having the 'Vision' service, not for buying overall
    > service?
    > So if one doesn't want 'Vision', why would they get the 'Vision' rebate?

    There is a wide range of possibilities between using Vision frequently
    and never using it. A traveler may want to use Vision while taking occasional
    out-of-town trips, but not enough to warrant paying 18 X $15. Is Sprint
    now saying he won't get a handset upgrade rebate?

    --

    John Richards
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <2malc.13887$%S1.7272@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
    "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    > There is a wide range of possibilities between using Vision frequently
    > and never using it. A traveler may want to use Vision while taking occasional
    > out-of-town trips, but not enough to warrant paying 18 X $15. Is Sprint
    > now saying he won't get a handset upgrade rebate?

    Thanks for replying to my pointing out that this is a MAJOR price
    increase to force people to pay for Vision whether they want to or not
    to qualify for a rebate come next phone purchase.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <2malc.13887$%S1.7272@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
    > "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >
    > > There is a wide range of possibilities between using Vision frequently
    > > and never using it. A traveler may want to use Vision while taking
    occasional
    > > out-of-town trips, but not enough to warrant paying 18 X $15. Is Sprint
    > > now saying he won't get a handset upgrade rebate?
    >
    > Thanks for replying to my pointing out that this is a MAJOR price
    > increase to force people to pay for Vision whether they want to or not
    > to qualify for a rebate come next phone purchase.

    There is no price increase- it is a savings reduction. The prices of
    equipment and service are the same as they were last week.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:AMadncel3JblDwjdRVn-jA@adelphia.com...

    > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <2malc.13887$%S1.7272@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
    >> "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> > There is a wide range of possibilities between using Vision frequently
    >> > and never using it. A traveler may want to use Vision while taking
    > occasional
    >> > out-of-town trips, but not enough to warrant paying 18 X $15. Is Sprint
    >> > now saying he won't get a handset upgrade rebate?
    >>
    >> Thanks for replying to my pointing out that this is a MAJOR price
    >> increase to force people to pay for Vision whether they want to or not
    >> to qualify for a rebate come next phone purchase.
    >
    > There is no price increase- it is a savings reduction. The prices of
    > equipment and service are the same as they were last week.

    But the rebate qualification rules have changed. You're (deliberately?)
    ignoring one important factor:
    Those who pay for occasional Vision use (a la carte rather than a pack)
    will be excluded from getting a handset rebate that they qualified for
    under the previous upgrade rules. This affects me very materially.

    --

    John Richards
  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote in
    message news:W3jlc.671$dd.534@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...

    > But the rebate qualification rules have changed. You're (deliberately?)
    > ignoring one important factor:
    > Those who pay for occasional Vision use (a la carte rather than a pack)
    > will be excluded from getting a handset rebate that they qualified for
    > under the previous upgrade rules. This affects me very materially.
    >
    > --

    I understand that, John, and I find the policy to be very customer
    unfriendly, at best. As I stated in another thread, this may be the
    beginning of the end for subsidized phones. For everybody except AT&T, WNLP
    has not had a material effect on bottom line business. Networks are much
    more mature than they were even twoyears ago, and in the next couple of
    years, network coverage will be differentiated only by rural coverage.
    Except for AT&T, pricing has stabilized, and the entire industry is soon
    facing total saturation for postpay users. In short, many of the reasons
    for subsidizing phones in the past are rapidly disappearing.

    I look at this group as a good example of the maturation process. Eight
    months ago, financial stability, coverage, customer service and WNLP were
    the main topics of conversation, with customer service being the number on
    complaint. Look at it today- phone functionality questions, phone
    comparisons and pricing complaints. The others are only mentioned by one
    troll, and it has been quite some time since Customer Service was a truly
    hot topic around here.

    I guess my point is- where is the need for subsidizing phones? Coverages
    are close, pricing is about the same and others are already playing hardball
    in different areas. It would appear that Verizon has tightened up their
    credit requirements to a level never seen in this industry, in an attempt to
    push many customers to prepay. Is that any less customer friendly? Not in
    my mind.

    I understand your concern, and don't mean to belittle it at all. But the
    troll is misstating when he says it is a price increase. That was all my
    post was pointing out.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rmarkoff-957BF6.09011501052004
    @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    > So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
    > months?

    Nope. Not if you get the 3588i.

    Don't want Vision? Don't get it.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <W3jlc.671$dd.534@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
    "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    > But the rebate qualification rules have changed. You're (deliberately?)
    > ignoring one important factor:
    > Those who pay for occasional Vision use (a la carte rather than a pack)
    > will be excluded from getting a handset rebate that they qualified for
    > under the previous upgrade rules. This affects me very materially.

    Everyone except osiris sees the rule change as the PRICE INCREASE it is.
    and it is a disgrace to SprintPCS for him call anyone a liar for
    pointing that out.

    It affects the 75% plus of SprintPCS customers that currently have
    Vision phone, but do not have Vision.

    So is SprintPCS saying it needs you to subscribe to Vision to be
    profittable ( that would help them), and wants you to leave when you
    need a new phone?
  33. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:0e8df3daf26371259fa742b3222872a2@news.teranews.com...
    In article <rmarkoff-957BF6.09011501052004
    @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
    >> So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
    >> months?
    >
    >Nope. Not if you get the 3588i.
    >Don't want Vision? Don't get it.

    You imply that Vision is an all or nothing proposition.
    It's not.
    Some customers (like myself) just want to use it on trips
    out of town, so we pay for it a la carte.
    Why is Sprint suddenly turning its back on this type of customer?

    --

    John Richards
  34. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <nDulc.717$dd.342@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
    supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net says...
    > You imply that Vision is an all or nothing proposition.
    > It's not.
    > Some customers (like myself) just want to use it on trips
    > out of town, so we pay for it a la carte.
    > Why is Sprint suddenly turning its back on this type of customer?

    I disagree that this qualifies as turning its back. It *does*
    qualify as a very strong incentive to keep the pack.

    And you haven't seen the complaints we get from customers warned
    about casual usage the first they actually get a bill with those
    fees. It's not a lot of users in number, but it's a huge headache
    for us *and* the customer. A no-win situation. I can see why SPCS
    wants to avoid that.

    BTW, that's *not* to say I can't see some validity to your point. I
    just don't see it exactly the same way.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <rmark-D563F1.05573103052004@news4.west.earthlink.net>,
    rmark@msn.com says...
    > Everyone except osiris sees the rule change as the PRICE INCREASE it is.
    > and it is a disgrace to SprintPCS for him call anyone a liar for
    > pointing that out.

    1. That isn't why you're a liar, Phill.

    2. No, it's not "everyone."

    #2 is why you're a liar.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <208427a72e9ec9d922d97a47475fcb1d@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <robjvargas@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

    > you're a liar.

    That's all you know how to say.

    A disgrace to Sprinbt PCS is what Vargas is.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I asked you once before. Stop changing your f**king nym and email address.
    How can I keep blocking you if you keep changing your nym? I kind of figured
    you did when I saw there were over 90 messages in here. I wonder how many
    are yours, probably more than half. Meet by killfile once again. By the way,
    the phone you wanted to by from me has been sold on ebay for $150. I decided
    that the $100 you offered me was way below what it was worth.

    "Robert M." <rmark@msn.com> wrote in message
    In article <W3jlc.671$dd.534@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
    "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    > But the rebate qualification rules have changed. You're (deliberately?)
    > ignoring one important factor:
    > Those who pay for occasional Vision use (a la carte rather than a pack)
    > will be excluded from getting a handset rebate that they qualified for
    > under the previous upgrade rules. This affects me very materially.

    Everyone except osiris sees the rule change as the PRICE INCREASE it is.
    and it is a disgrace to SprintPCS for him call anyone a liar for
    pointing that out.

    It affects the 75% plus of SprintPCS customers that currently have
    Vision phone, but do not have Vision.

    So is SprintPCS saying it needs you to subscribe to Vision to be
    profittable ( that would help them), and wants you to leave when you
    need a new phone?
  38. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <76c3bf44996e5f32bf7dd139ffa34d19@news.teranews.com>,
    "Peterbilt" <amazon-bitch@NO-SPAMeudoramail.com> wrote:

    > By the way,
    > the phone you wanted to by from me has been sold on ebay for $150. I decided
    > that the $100 you offered me was way below what it was worth.

    I never tried to buy a phone from you. Don't need to, I get them FREE
    from Sprint PCS.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rmm-8E4B6A.17275503052004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
    rmm@msn.com says...
    > In article <208427a72e9ec9d922d97a47475fcb1d@news.teranews.com>,
    > O/Siris <robjvargas@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
    >

    > > you're a liar.
    >
    > That's all you know how to say.
    >
    > A disgrace to Sprinbt PCS is what Vargas is.

    And yet, not 48 hours ago, you were pointing out how I was *not*
    calling others a liar.

    Do you enjoy stepping on your own toes, Phillie?

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    In article <f5af7a1cbde00c95a926fd12ff3e9075@news.teranews.com>,
    O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

    > And yet, not 48 hours ago, you were pointing out how I was *not*
    > calling others a liar.

    In one specific case only. You're on early toady, not your usual
    midnight insulting session.

    Still a disgrace to SprintPCS.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <Rmm-123A1F.17595605052004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
    Rmm@yahoo.com says...
    > In article <f5af7a1cbde00c95a926fd12ff3e9075@news.teranews.com>,
    > O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
    >
    > > And yet, not 48 hours ago, you were pointing out how I was *not*
    > > calling others a liar.
    >
    > In one specific case only. You're on early toady, not your usual
    > midnight insulting session.
    >
    > Still a disgrace to SprintPCS.

    So first you accuse me of acting like a broken record, and *then* say
    I'm the one doing the insulting.

    Typically hypocritical of you, Phillie.

    --
    RØß