  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Share
April 18, 2004 1:23:18 PM

i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to the
18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
what it could be?

Capt.

More about : month

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 7:24:29 PM

In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
"Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

> i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to the
> 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
> what it could be?

The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.
April 18, 2004 7:24:30 PM

yeah but interpretation I assume doesn't matter much since a csr would have
the final say.

Capt.
"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
the
> > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this
or
> > what it could be?
>
> The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.
April 18, 2004 7:33:32 PM

In article <10857mnlru5n431@corp.supernews.com>,
"Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

> yeah but interpretation I assume doesn't matter much since a csr would have
> the final say.

Then why ask here?

> Capt.
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
> >
> > > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
> the
> > > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this
> or
> > > what it could be?
> >
> > The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> > month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> > mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.
April 18, 2004 7:33:33 PM

I was asking because I keep hearing things are changing and this seems to be
a place where the information is pretty accurate and people seem to have the
info.

> In article <10857mnlru5n431@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > yeah but interpretation I assume doesn't matter much since a csr would
have
> > the final say.
> >

> Then why ask here?
>
> > Capt.
> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> > the
> > or
> > >
> > > The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> > > month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> > > mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 7:53:42 PM

In article <10858bh2tno7u95@corp.supernews.com>,
"Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

> I was asking because I keep hearing things are changing and this seems to be
> a place where the information is pretty accurate and people seem to have the
> info.

and some SprintPCS employees will give an answer whether they know or
not. i.e. Does the Sanyo 7300 have FLASH? **or** If I upgrade to a
plan with more minutes do I need to take a new 2 year contract?
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 7:53:43 PM

> In article <10858bh2tno7u95@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > I was asking because I keep hearing things are changing and this seems
to be
> > a place where the information is pretty accurate and people seem to have
the
> > info.
>
> and some SprintPCS employees will give an answer whether they know or
> not. i.e. Does the Sanyo 7300 have FLASH? **or** If I upgrade to a
> plan with more minutes do I need to take a new 2 year contract?

And you do the same- frequently.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 8:05:58 AM

In article <rmarkoff-2163C1.10242918042004
@news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to the
> > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
> > what it could be?
>
> The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

Apples and oranges, Phill. There are three situations possible in
the purchase of a phone:

Handset Upgrade Program
New User activating in-store
"Just" a phone purchase.

That latter one, when done for a new line (but not in-store, as when
the phone is presented as a gift to someone else), that's what the
mail-in rebate you're seeing is talking about.

And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed. But not radically. It's still
18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
full 18 months to qualify.

There's a couple of other changes, but that's the largest one.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <rmarkoff-A08923.10534218042004
@news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> and some SprintPCS employees will give an answer whether they know or
> not. i.e. Does the Sanyo 7300 have FLASH?

It doesn't.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-2163C1.10242918042004
> @news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
> >
> > > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
> > > the
> > > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
> > > what it could be?
> >
> > The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> > month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> > mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.
> >

> Apples and oranges, Phill. There are three situations possible in
> the purchase of a phone:
>
> Handset Upgrade Program
> New User activating in-store
> "Just" a phone purchase.
>
> That latter one, when done for a new line (but not in-store, as when
> the phone is presented as a gift to someone else), that's what the
> mail-in rebate you're seeing is talking about.
>
> And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed.

But it doesn't say word one about 18 months on the phone purchase page.

> But not radically. It's still
> 18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> full 18 months to qualify.

Isn't every phone a Vision phone? So Sprint just raised prices by $15
for every user?

> There's a couple of other changes, but that's the largest one.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:07:05 PM

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
In article <rmarkoff-2163C1.10242918042004
@news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
the
> > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this
or
> > what it could be?
>
> The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

Apples and oranges, Phill. There are three situations possible in
the purchase of a phone:

Handset Upgrade Program
New User activating in-store
"Just" a phone purchase.

That latter one, when done for a new line (but not in-store, as when
the phone is presented as a gift to someone else), that's what the
mail-in rebate you're seeing is talking about.

And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed. But not radically. It's still
18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
full 18 months to qualify.

The web site says -

"Consumer InformationSprint PCS Phone Number 704-XXX-XXXX
First Name XXXX
Last Name XXXXX

Eligibility Information To receive rebate customer must:
Sign up and remain on a $35 or higher monthly Sprint PCS Service Plan
Renew a one or two year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement
Sprint PCS Phone must remain active for a minimum of 30 days
If purchasing a Vision Handset you must sign up for a Vision Service Plan.
Have an account in good standing

The Sprint PCS Phone activated with this Sprint PCS Phone number meets the
18 month age requirement. "

Now, I'm already on a 2 yr. contract, already subscribe to Vision, and would
certainly have the new PCS phone active for a minimum of 30 days.

I've check now, on two occasions with CS on the deal to get the rebate, as
my daughter's phone qualifies. In speaking with both reps, they said it was
a requirement to subscribe to Vision (if one was not subscribed before), and
that one could drop the Vision option within the two free months (again, if
Vision was not a subscribed option previously).

No matter what, the rebate check comes within 4 to 6 weeks, easily within
the 60 day free trial of Vision and I could drop Vision after receiving that
rebate check with no penalty or a surcharge of the rebate refunded to me.
Now, for yours truly, it's no big deal to keep Vision on my daughter's
phone, as it's only $5/mo, for her "add a phone" on my account, and she does
use it occasionally.

Bob
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 11:18:14 AM

In article <rmarkoff-6E62B4.05375626042004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> But it doesn't say word one about 18 months on the phone purchase page.

Because that page isn't talking about Handset Upgrade Program. Did
you even read what I posted?

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <JX6jc.13292$e4.2562@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

> I've check now, on two occasions with CS on the deal to get the rebate, as
> my daughter's phone qualifies. In speaking with both reps, they said it was
> a requirement to subscribe to Vision (if one was not subscribed before), and
> that one could drop the Vision option within the two free months (again, if
> Vision was not a subscribed option previously).

That's under the "old" upgrade program. You stay with that until you
use it, and then the new one kicks in.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <JX6jc.13292$e4.2562@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

> I've check now, on two occasions with CS on the deal to get the rebate, as
> my daughter's phone qualifies. In speaking with both reps, they said it
was
> a requirement to subscribe to Vision (if one was not subscribed before),
and
> that one could drop the Vision option within the two free months (again,
if
> Vision was not a subscribed option previously).

That's under the "old" upgrade program. You stay with that until you
use it, and then the new one kicks in.

--
RØß
O/Siris

What "new one" are you talking about? I go to
http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/ , plug in my zip and phone numbers, and
it says the phone qualifies for the rebate. A rebate sent via the mail. So,
if this is an old rebate form, why does SPCS still have it available on
line?

By the by, in the prior messages in this thread, you said -

"And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed. But not radically. It's still
18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the full
18 months to qualify."

And then I replied -

"With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time. (Where
did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
period?)"

There is nothing in the verbiage of the rebate web page above about having
to subscribe to Vision for the prior 18 months on the phone being replaced.

Now, ole Phillipe has taken your comments about 18 months, as you may have
noticed, and thinks that one has to subscribe for 18 "more" months of Vision
to qualify for the $150 credit. I'd ask you to reply to this, as ole
Phillipe apparently has me kill filtered to explain it's not necessary to
subscribe to Vision for 18 months on the new phone and that his $270 figure
is as bogus as a $3 bill.

If the prior phone was not a Vision phone, yes ... a new Vision option needs
to be added to the account, $15/mo. or $5/mo. if it's an add a phone with
Vision on another phone in the plan. The customer can cancel the Vision
option anytime, and if cancelled within the 60 day trail period, there is no
additional expense.

Bob
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 8:33:06 PM

In article <derkc.55$Hs1.43@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

> "With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
> month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
> does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time. (Where
> did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
> period?)"
>
> There is nothing in the verbiage of the rebate web page above about having
> to subscribe to Vision for the prior 18 months on the phone being replaced.

I'll double check then. We were trained on this, and asked about it
three separate times.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <c73f3e0365a53b2ba72dd92267b9b238@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <derkc.55$Hs1.43@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> usirsclt No Way Spam @earthlink.net says...
> >
> > "With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
> > month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
> > does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time. (Where
> > did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
> > period?)"
> >
> > There is nothing in the verbiage of the rebate web page above about having
> > to subscribe to Vision for the prior 18 months on the phone being replaced.
> >

> I'll double check then. We were trained on this, and asked about it
> three separate times.

Thank you, we'd all like to know if there's been a change. SprintPCS is
certainly entitled to make any changes they want, but it did seem an 18
month requirment to Vision would be unfair.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 8:58:33 PM

In article <d03e6b78a12ecf0a32b49fdc5029ad63@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-5837A1.04375730042004
> @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> >
> > YES, sir.
> >

> Still stuck on your same old dishonest tactics. Completely invent
> some new criticism and then repeat it over and over and refuse to
> actually discuss it.

NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
posted.

> Vision is the same cost it's been for over a year. No price
> increase.

And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.

And you already admitted you might be wrong about that when Smith also
questioned you.

In article <derkc.55$Hs1.43@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt No Way Spam @earthlink.net says...

>"With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
> month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
> does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time.
> (Where did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
> period?)"

You answered:
O/Siris <0siris@sprntpcs.com> wrote:-

> I'll double check then. We were trained on this, and asked about it
> three separate times.

So how is it I am dishonest and Smith is not with the same question??
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 9:15:40 PM

> In article <d03e6b78a12ecf0a32b49fdc5029ad63@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <rmarkoff-5837A1.04375730042004
> > @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > >
> > > YES, sir.
> > >

> > Still stuck on your same old dishonest tactics. Completely invent
> > some new criticism and then repeat it over and over and refuse to
> > actually discuss it.
>
> NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
> then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
> posted.
>

> > Vision is the same cost it's been for over a year. No price
> > increase.
>
> And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
> INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.
>
> And you already admitted you might be wrong about that when Smith also
> questioned you.

There is no text that says the customer has to maintain Vision ... if they
don't want to. They can cancel it anytime after they get the rebate check,
which will be well in the 60 day free trial period.

This whole rebuttal of yours Phillipe is a false argument.

Bob
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 11:39:27 AM

In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
> then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
> posted.

Wrong again, liar. I didn't go after you. I disagreed, and still
do.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
> INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.

And there is no such requirement. It is a new prerequisite for a
completely voluntary program. But it is not required.

--
RØß
O/Siris

(Bob Smith) wrote:
<<There is no text that says the customer has to maintain Vision ... if
they don't want to. They can cancel it anytime after they get the rebate
check, which will be well in the 60 day free trial period.>>

There is no text on the website as far as I can tell, but there is text
about that on the physical rebate form that I picked up from Radio
Shack. It tells the customer that you have to activate Vision (if you
choose a Vision phone) and keep it on your account for 18 months in
order to qualify for the rebate. I am not sure what they do if you
cancel it after you get the check, but it does state so on the form
itself.

Eric
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 5:59:57 PM

In article <9593a9c1deee56ce902104a483da51f2@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
> @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
> > INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.
> >

> And there is no such requirement. It is a new prerequisite for a
> completely voluntary program. But it is not required.

So for a rebate in the future yoiu ahve to subscribe to Vision for 18
months?

In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
rebate but don't use Vision.
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 5:59:58 PM

> In article <9593a9c1deee56ce902104a483da51f2@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
> > @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > > And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
> > > INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.
> > >

> > And there is no such requirement. It is a new prerequisite for a
> > completely voluntary program. But it is not required.
>
> So for a rebate in the future yoiu ahve to subscribe to Vision for 18
> months?
>
> In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
> rebate but don't use Vision.

Prices haven't increased- potential savings have been impacted. The phones
and service cost just as much as they did last week.
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 6:01:15 PM

In article <d29e4979e4d74ec51e40526cf7ede73a@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
> @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
> > then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
> > posted.
> >

> Wrong again, liar. I didn't go after you. I disagreed, and still
> do.

I'm called a liar because I identify a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE that you lie
and refuse to admit is an increase? What a disgrace to SprintPCS you are.

So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
months?

In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
rebate but don't use Vision.
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 6:44:27 PM

> So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
> months?

-->For this rebate you do.

> In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
> rebate but don't use Vision.

-->Is this a general rebate or a 'Vision' rebate? It looks like they are
doing the rebate for having the 'Vision' service, not for buying overall
service?
So if one doesn't want 'Vision', why would they get the 'Vision' rebate?

Scotty
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 7:01:06 PM

>snip>

> Prices haven't increased- potential savings have been impacted. The
phones
> and service cost just as much as they did last week.

-->Exactly. I don't see a price increase on my bill either.
I don't see any difference from what Sprint is doing, to what any other
company is doing, from the standpoint of promotional rebates and changing
them to promote certain services.

Scotty
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 9:38:06 PM

"Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote in message news:fJOkc.13340$sK3.5484@nwrddc03.gnilink.net...
>> So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
>> months?
>
> -->For this rebate you do.
>
>> In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
>> rebate but don't use Vision.
>
> -->Is this a general rebate or a 'Vision' rebate? It looks like they are
> doing the rebate for having the 'Vision' service, not for buying overall
> service?
> So if one doesn't want 'Vision', why would they get the 'Vision' rebate?

There is a wide range of possibilities between using Vision frequently
and never using it. A traveler may want to use Vision while taking occasional
out-of-town trips, but not enough to warrant paying 18 X $15. Is Sprint
now saying he won't get a handset upgrade rebate?

--

John Richards
Anonymous

In article <2malc.13887$%S1.7272@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
"John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> There is a wide range of possibilities between using Vision frequently
> and never using it. A traveler may want to use Vision while taking occasional
> out-of-town trips, but not enough to warrant paying 18 X $15. Is Sprint
> now saying he won't get a handset upgrade rebate?

Thanks for replying to my pointing out that this is a MAJOR price
increase to force people to pay for Vision whether they want to or not
to qualify for a rebate come next phone purchase.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 2:42:56 AM

> In article <2malc.13887$%S1.7272@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
> "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > There is a wide range of possibilities between using Vision frequently
> > and never using it. A traveler may want to use Vision while taking
occasional
> > out-of-town trips, but not enough to warrant paying 18 X $15. Is Sprint
> > now saying he won't get a handset upgrade rebate?
>
> Thanks for replying to my pointing out that this is a MAJOR price
> increase to force people to pay for Vision whether they want to or not
> to qualify for a rebate come next phone purchase.

There is no price increase- it is a savings reduction. The prices of
equipment and service are the same as they were last week.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 7:33:10 AM

"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:AMadncel3JblDwjdRVn-jA@adelphia.com...

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
>> In article <2malc.13887$%S1.7272@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
>> "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> > There is a wide range of possibilities between using Vision frequently
>> > and never using it. A traveler may want to use Vision while taking
> occasional
>> > out-of-town trips, but not enough to warrant paying 18 X $15. Is Sprint
>> > now saying he won't get a handset upgrade rebate?
>>
>> Thanks for replying to my pointing out that this is a MAJOR price
>> increase to force people to pay for Vision whether they want to or not
>> to qualify for a rebate come next phone purchase.
>
> There is no price increase- it is a savings reduction. The prices of
> equipment and service are the same as they were last week.

But the rebate qualification rules have changed. You're (deliberately?)
ignoring one important factor:
Those who pay for occasional Vision use (a la carte rather than a pack)
will be excluded from getting a handset rebate that they qualified for
under the previous upgrade rules. This affects me very materially.

--

John Richards
Anonymous

"John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote in
message news:W3jlc.671$dd.534@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...

> But the rebate qualification rules have changed. You're (deliberately?)
> ignoring one important factor:
> Those who pay for occasional Vision use (a la carte rather than a pack)
> will be excluded from getting a handset rebate that they qualified for
> under the previous upgrade rules. This affects me very materially.
>
> --

I understand that, John, and I find the policy to be very customer
unfriendly, at best. As I stated in another thread, this may be the
beginning of the end for subsidized phones. For everybody except AT&T, WNLP
has not had a material effect on bottom line business. Networks are much
more mature than they were even twoyears ago, and in the next couple of
years, network coverage will be differentiated only by rural coverage.
Except for AT&T, pricing has stabilized, and the entire industry is soon
facing total saturation for postpay users. In short, many of the reasons
for subsidizing phones in the past are rapidly disappearing.

I look at this group as a good example of the maturation process. Eight
months ago, financial stability, coverage, customer service and WNLP were
the main topics of conversation, with customer service being the number on
complaint. Look at it today- phone functionality questions, phone
comparisons and pricing complaints. The others are only mentioned by one
troll, and it has been quite some time since Customer Service was a truly
hot topic around here.

I guess my point is- where is the need for subsidizing phones? Coverages
are close, pricing is about the same and others are already playing hardball
in different areas. It would appear that Verizon has tightened up their
credit requirements to a level never seen in this industry, in an attempt to
push many customers to prepay. Is that any less customer friendly? Not in
my mind.

I understand your concern, and don't mean to belittle it at all. But the
troll is misstating when he says it is a price increase. That was all my
post was pointing out.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 11:27:54 AM

In article <rmarkoff-957BF6.09011501052004
@news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
> months?

Nope. Not if you get the 3588i.

Don't want Vision? Don't get it.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <W3jlc.671$dd.534@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
"John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> But the rebate qualification rules have changed. You're (deliberately?)
> ignoring one important factor:
> Those who pay for occasional Vision use (a la carte rather than a pack)
> will be excluded from getting a handset rebate that they qualified for
> under the previous upgrade rules. This affects me very materially.

Everyone except osiris sees the rule change as the PRICE INCREASE it is.
and it is a disgrace to SprintPCS for him call anyone a liar for
pointing that out.

It affects the 75% plus of SprintPCS customers that currently have
Vision phone, but do not have Vision.

So is SprintPCS saying it needs you to subscribe to Vision to be
profittable ( that would help them), and wants you to leave when you
need a new phone?
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 8:41:55 PM

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:0e8df3daf26371259fa742b3222872a2@news.teranews.com...
In article <rmarkoff-957BF6.09011501052004
@news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
>> So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
>> months?
>
>Nope. Not if you get the 3588i.
>Don't want Vision? Don't get it.

You imply that Vision is an all or nothing proposition.
It's not.
Some customers (like myself) just want to use it on trips
out of town, so we pay for it a la carte.
Why is Sprint suddenly turning its back on this type of customer?

--

John Richards
Anonymous

In article <nDulc.717$dd.342@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net says...
> You imply that Vision is an all or nothing proposition.
> It's not.
> Some customers (like myself) just want to use it on trips
> out of town, so we pay for it a la carte.
> Why is Sprint suddenly turning its back on this type of customer?

I disagree that this qualifies as turning its back. It *does*
qualify as a very strong incentive to keep the pack.

And you haven't seen the complaints we get from customers warned
about casual usage the first they actually get a bill with those
fees. It's not a lot of users in number, but it's a huge headache
for us *and* the customer. A no-win situation. I can see why SPCS
wants to avoid that.

BTW, that's *not* to say I can't see some validity to your point. I
just don't see it exactly the same way.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <rmark-D563F1.05573103052004@news4.west.earthlink.net>,
rmark@msn.com says...
> Everyone except osiris sees the rule change as the PRICE INCREASE it is.
> and it is a disgrace to SprintPCS for him call anyone a liar for
> pointing that out.

1. That isn't why you're a liar, Phill.

2. No, it's not "everyone."

#2 is why you're a liar.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <208427a72e9ec9d922d97a47475fcb1d@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <robjvargas@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> you're a liar.

That's all you know how to say.

A disgrace to Sprinbt PCS is what Vargas is.
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 2:53:37 AM

I asked you once before. Stop changing your f**king nym and email address.
How can I keep blocking you if you keep changing your nym? I kind of figured
you did when I saw there were over 90 messages in here. I wonder how many
are yours, probably more than half. Meet by killfile once again. By the way,
the phone you wanted to by from me has been sold on ebay for $150. I decided
that the $100 you offered me was way below what it was worth.

"Robert M." <rmark@msn.com> wrote in message
In article <W3jlc.671$dd.534@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
"John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> But the rebate qualification rules have changed. You're (deliberately?)
> ignoring one important factor:
> Those who pay for occasional Vision use (a la carte rather than a pack)
> will be excluded from getting a handset rebate that they qualified for
> under the previous upgrade rules. This affects me very materially.

Everyone except osiris sees the rule change as the PRICE INCREASE it is.
and it is a disgrace to SprintPCS for him call anyone a liar for
pointing that out.

It affects the 75% plus of SprintPCS customers that currently have
Vision phone, but do not have Vision.

So is SprintPCS saying it needs you to subscribe to Vision to be
profittable ( that would help them), and wants you to leave when you
need a new phone?
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 3:38:51 AM

In article <76c3bf44996e5f32bf7dd139ffa34d19@news.teranews.com>,
"Peterbilt" <amazon-bitch@NO-SPAMeudoramail.com> wrote:

> By the way,
> the phone you wanted to by from me has been sold on ebay for $150. I decided
> that the $100 you offered me was way below what it was worth.

I never tried to buy a phone from you. Don't need to, I get them FREE
from Sprint PCS.
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 2:09:30 AM

In article <rmm-8E4B6A.17275503052004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
rmm@msn.com says...
> In article <208427a72e9ec9d922d97a47475fcb1d@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <robjvargas@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>

> > you're a liar.
>
> That's all you know how to say.
>
> A disgrace to Sprinbt PCS is what Vargas is.

And yet, not 48 hours ago, you were pointing out how I was *not*
calling others a liar.

Do you enjoy stepping on your own toes, Phillie?

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <f5af7a1cbde00c95a926fd12ff3e9075@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> And yet, not 48 hours ago, you were pointing out how I was *not*
> calling others a liar.

In one specific case only. You're on early toady, not your usual
midnight insulting session.

Still a disgrace to SprintPCS.
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 10:38:45 AM

In article <Rmm-123A1F.17595605052004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
Rmm@yahoo.com says...
> In article <f5af7a1cbde00c95a926fd12ff3e9075@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > And yet, not 48 hours ago, you were pointing out how I was *not*
> > calling others a liar.
>
> In one specific case only. You're on early toady, not your usual
> midnight insulting session.
>
> Still a disgrace to SprintPCS.

So first you accuse me of acting like a broken record, and *then* say
I'm the one doing the insulting.

Typically hypocritical of you, Phillie.

--
RØß