18 month changes

Captain

i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to the
18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
what it could be?

Capt.

In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
"Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

> i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to the
> 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
> what it could be?

The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

Captain

yeah but interpretation I assume doesn't matter much since a csr would have
the final say.

Capt.

In article <10857mnlru5n431@corp.supernews.com>,
"Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

> yeah but interpretation I assume doesn't matter much since a csr would have
> the final say.

Then why ask here?

> Capt.
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
> >
> > > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
> the
> > > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this
> or
> > > what it could be?
> >
> > The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> > month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> > mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

Captain

I was asking because I keep hearing things are changing and this seems to be
a place where the information is pretty accurate and people seem to have the
info.

In article <10858bh2tno7u95@corp.supernews.com>,
"Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:

> I was asking because I keep hearing things are changing and this seems to be
> a place where the information is pretty accurate and people seem to have the
> info.

and some SprintPCS employees will give an answer whether they know or
not. i.e. Does the Sanyo 7300 have FLASH? **or** If I upgrade to a
plan with more minutes do I need to take a new 2 year contract?

> In article <10858bh2tno7u95@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > I was asking because I keep hearing things are changing and this seems
to be
> > a place where the information is pretty accurate and people seem to have
the
> > info.
>
> and some SprintPCS employees will give an answer whether they know or
> not. i.e. Does the Sanyo 7300 have FLASH? **or** If I upgrade to a
> plan with more minutes do I need to take a new 2 year contract?

And you do the same- frequently.

In article <rmarkoff-2163C1.10242918042004
@news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to the
> > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
> > what it could be?
>
> The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

Apples and oranges, Phill. There are three situations possible in
the purchase of a phone:

Handset Upgrade Program
New User activating in-store
"Just" a phone purchase.

That latter one, when done for a new line (but not in-store, as when
the phone is presented as a gift to someone else), that's what the
mail-in rebate you're seeing is talking about.

And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed. But not radically. It's still
18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
full 18 months to qualify.

There's a couple of other changes, but that's the largest one.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <rmarkoff-A08923.10534218042004
@news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> and some SprintPCS employees will give an answer whether they know or
> not. i.e. Does the Sanyo 7300 have FLASH?

It doesn't.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-2163C1.10242918042004
> @news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
> >
> > > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
> > > the
> > > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this or
> > > what it could be?
> >
> > The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> > month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> > mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.
> >

> Apples and oranges, Phill. There are three situations possible in
> the purchase of a phone:
>
> Handset Upgrade Program
> New User activating in-store
> "Just" a phone purchase.
>
> That latter one, when done for a new line (but not in-store, as when
> the phone is presented as a gift to someone else), that's what the
> mail-in rebate you're seeing is talking about.
>
> And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed.

But it doesn't say word one about 18 months on the phone purchase page.

> But not radically. It's still
> 18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> full 18 months to qualify.

Isn't every phone a Vision phone? So Sprint just raised prices by $15
for every user?

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
In article <rmarkoff-2163C1.10242918042004
@news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> In article <10853qe2dqjpg39@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Captain" <capn@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > i read on a howardforums for sprint pcs that there are changes coming to
the
> > 18month rule for upgrading a handset. Anyone know anything about this
or
> > what it could be?
>
> The web site currently has ambiguous wording that doesn't mention 18
> month requirement. It **could** be interpreted that you can get a
> mai-in-rebate with a 2 year contract and a current plan.

Apples and oranges, Phill. There are three situations possible in
the purchase of a phone:

Handset Upgrade Program
New User activating in-store
"Just" a phone purchase.

That latter one, when done for a new line (but not in-store, as when
the phone is presented as a gift to someone else), that's what the
mail-in rebate you're seeing is talking about.

And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed. But not radically. It's still
18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
full 18 months to qualify.

The web site says -

"Consumer InformationSprint PCS Phone Number 704-XXX-XXXX
First Name XXXX
Last Name XXXXX

Eligibility Information To receive rebate customer must:
Sign up and remain on a $35 or higher monthly Sprint PCS Service Plan
Renew a one or two year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement
Sprint PCS Phone must remain active for a minimum of 30 days
If purchasing a Vision Handset you must sign up for a Vision Service Plan.
Have an account in good standing

The Sprint PCS Phone activated with this Sprint PCS Phone number meets the
18 month age requirement. "

Now, I'm already on a 2 yr. contract, already subscribe to Vision, and would
certainly have the new PCS phone active for a minimum of 30 days.

I've check now, on two occasions with CS on the deal to get the rebate, as
my daughter's phone qualifies. In speaking with both reps, they said it was
a requirement to subscribe to Vision (if one was not subscribed before), and
that one could drop the Vision option within the two free months (again, if
Vision was not a subscribed option previously).

No matter what, the rebate check comes within 4 to 6 weeks, easily within
the 60 day free trial of Vision and I could drop Vision after receiving that
rebate check with no penalty or a surcharge of the rebate refunded to me.
Now, for yours truly, it's no big deal to keep Vision on my daughter's
phone, as it's only $5/mo, for her "add a phone" on my account, and she does
use it occasionally.

Bob

In article <rmarkoff-6E62B4.05375626042004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> But it doesn't say word one about 18 months on the phone purchase page.

Because that page isn't talking about Handset Upgrade Program. Did
you even read what I posted?

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <JX6jc.13292$e4.2562@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

> I've check now, on two occasions with CS on the deal to get the rebate, as
> my daughter's phone qualifies. In speaking with both reps, they said it was
> a requirement to subscribe to Vision (if one was not subscribed before), and
> that one could drop the Vision option within the two free months (again, if
> Vision was not a subscribed option previously).

That's under the "old" upgrade program. You stay with that until you
use it, and then the new one kicks in.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <JX6jc.13292$e4.2562@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

> I've check now, on two occasions with CS on the deal to get the rebate, as
> my daughter's phone qualifies. In speaking with both reps, they said it
was
> a requirement to subscribe to Vision (if one was not subscribed before),
and
> that one could drop the Vision option within the two free months (again,
if
> Vision was not a subscribed option previously).

That's under the "old" upgrade program. You stay with that until you
use it, and then the new one kicks in.

--
RØß
O/Siris

What "new one" are you talking about? I go to
http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/ , plug in my zip and phone numbers, and
it says the phone qualifies for the rebate. A rebate sent via the mail. So,
if this is an old rebate form, why does SPCS still have it available on
line?

By the by, in the prior messages in this thread, you said -

"And yes, Handset Upgrade has changed. But not radically. It's still
18 months. But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the full
18 months to qualify."

And then I replied -

"With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time. (Where
did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
period?)"

There is nothing in the verbiage of the rebate web page above about having
to subscribe to Vision for the prior 18 months on the phone being replaced.

Now, ole Phillipe has taken your comments about 18 months, as you may have
noticed, and thinks that one has to subscribe for 18 "more" months of Vision
to qualify for the $150 credit. I'd ask you to reply to this, as ole
Phillipe apparently has me kill filtered to explain it's not necessary to
subscribe to Vision for 18 months on the new phone and that his $270 figure
is as bogus as a $3 bill.

If the prior phone was not a Vision phone, yes ... a new Vision option needs
to be added to the account, $15/mo. or $5/mo. if it's an add a phone with
Vision on another phone in the plan. The customer can cancel the Vision
option anytime, and if cancelled within the 60 day trail period, there is no
additional expense.

Bob

In article <derkc.55$Hs1.43@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

> "With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
> month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
> does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time. (Where
> did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
> period?)"
>
> There is nothing in the verbiage of the rebate web page above about having
> to subscribe to Vision for the prior 18 months on the phone being replaced.

I'll double check then. We were trained on this, and asked about it
three separate times.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <c73f3e0365a53b2ba72dd92267b9b238@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <derkc.55$Hs1.43@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> usirsclt No Way Spam @earthlink.net says...
> >
> > "With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
> > month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
> > does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time. (Where
> > did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
> > period?)"
> >
> > There is nothing in the verbiage of the rebate web page above about having
> > to subscribe to Vision for the prior 18 months on the phone being replaced.
> >

> I'll double check then. We were trained on this, and asked about it
> three separate times.

Thank you, we'd all like to know if there's been a change. SprintPCS is
certainly entitled to make any changes they want, but it did seem an 18
month requirment to Vision would be unfair.

In article <d03e6b78a12ecf0a32b49fdc5029ad63@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-5837A1.04375730042004
> @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> >
> > YES, sir.
> >

> Still stuck on your same old dishonest tactics. Completely invent
> some new criticism and then repeat it over and over and refuse to
> actually discuss it.

NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
posted.

> Vision is the same cost it's been for over a year. No price
> increase.

And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.

And you already admitted you might be wrong about that when Smith also
questioned you.

In article <derkc.55$Hs1.43@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt No Way Spam @earthlink.net says...

>"With regards to being eligible to receive a rebate for replacing an 18
> month old (or older) handset, I don't believe that's correct Rob. One
> does not need to subscribe to Vision for an 18 month period of time.
> (Where did you come up with the odd 18 month Vision subscription time
> period?)"

You answered:
O/Siris <0siris@sprntpcs.com> wrote:-

> I'll double check then. We were trained on this, and asked about it
> three separate times.

So how is it I am dishonest and Smith is not with the same question??

> In article <d03e6b78a12ecf0a32b49fdc5029ad63@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <rmarkoff-5837A1.04375730042004
> > @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > >
> > > YES, sir.
> > >

> > Still stuck on your same old dishonest tactics. Completely invent
> > some new criticism and then repeat it over and over and refuse to
> > actually discuss it.
>
> NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
> then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
> posted.
>

> > Vision is the same cost it's been for over a year. No price
> > increase.
>
> And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
> INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.
>
> And you already admitted you might be wrong about that when Smith also
> questioned you.

There is no text that says the customer has to maintain Vision ... if they
don't want to. They can cancel it anytime after they get the rebate check,
which will be well in the 60 day free trial period.

This whole rebuttal of yours Phillipe is a false argument.

Bob

In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
> then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
> posted.

Wrong again, liar. I didn't go after you. I disagreed, and still
do.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
> INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.

And there is no such requirement. It is a new prerequisite for a
completely voluntary program. But it is not required.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

(Bob Smith) wrote:
<<There is no text that says the customer has to maintain Vision ... if
they don't want to. They can cancel it anytime after they get the rebate
check, which will be well in the 60 day free trial period.>>

There is no text on the website as far as I can tell, but there is text
about that on the physical rebate form that I picked up from Radio
Shack. It tells the customer that you have to activate Vision (if you
choose a Vision phone) and keep it on your account for 18 months in
order to qualify for the rebate. I am not sure what they do if you
cancel it after you get the check, but it does state so on the form
itself.

Eric

In article <9593a9c1deee56ce902104a483da51f2@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
> @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
> > INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.
> >

> And there is no such requirement. It is a new prerequisite for a
> completely voluntary program. But it is not required.

So for a rebate in the future yoiu ahve to subscribe to Vision for 18
months?

In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
rebate but don't use Vision.

> In article <9593a9c1deee56ce902104a483da51f2@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
> > @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > > And again - IT IS AN INCREASE IF ONE IS NOW NEWLY REQUIRED TO
> > > INVOLUNTARILY MAINTAIN THAT FEATURE.
> > >

> > And there is no such requirement. It is a new prerequisite for a
> > completely voluntary program. But it is not required.
>
> So for a rebate in the future yoiu ahve to subscribe to Vision for 18
> months?
>
> In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
> rebate but don't use Vision.

Prices haven't increased- potential savings have been impacted. The phones
and service cost just as much as they did last week.

In article <d29e4979e4d74ec51e40526cf7ede73a@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-B341F8.11583230042004
> @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > NO SIR - You are the disgrace of SPRINTPCS by telling us something and
> > then going after anyone who points out the consequences of what YOU
> > posted.
> >

> Wrong again, liar. I didn't go after you. I disagreed, and still
> do.

I'm called a liar because I identify a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE that you lie
and refuse to admit is an increase? What a disgrace to SprintPCS you are.

So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
months?

In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
rebate but don't use Vision.

> So for a rebate in the future you have to subscribe to Vision for 18
> months?

-->For this rebate you do.

> In that case its a MAJOR PRICE INCREASE for htose that might want a
> rebate but don't use Vision.

-->Is this a general rebate or a 'Vision' rebate? It looks like they are
doing the rebate for having the 'Vision' service, not for buying overall
service?
So if one doesn't want 'Vision', why would they get the 'Vision' rebate?

Scotty