Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Homesupport cisco com guide me

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
December 31, 2012 3:06:25 PM

My router is not connecting to my Kindle although I have internet. Kindle help indicates that this problem is with the router - maybe needing a new version of Linksys?? I have a Kindle Fire HD. I have also talked to my local internet provider and they indicate that it is a Lynksys problem.

Please help.

December 31, 2012 6:30:26 PM

Are you putting in the correct wireless password ?

Go to any computer currently connected to your wireless network and open the control panel and select Network and Internet , then next select Homegroup , then next select view and print the Homegroup password. The wireless password is on the next page and you can compare and see if it is the same as the one you sare currently entering.
m
0
l
December 31, 2012 7:48:45 PM

inzone said:
Are you putting in the correct wireless password ?

Go to any computer currently connected to your wireless network and open the control panel and select Network and Internet , then next select Homegroup , then next select view and print the Homegroup password. The wireless password is on the next page and you can compare and see if it is the same as the one you sare currently entering.



Does not show Homegroup and has no password. My Kindle accepts and connects to my Linksys without a password but does not connect to the internet.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 31, 2012 9:31:20 PM

The other devices on your wireless network can connect to the internet ?
m
0
l
December 31, 2012 10:01:38 PM

inzone said:
The other devices on your wireless network can connect to the internet ?



Yes.
m
0
l
December 31, 2012 10:04:22 PM

Usually when your connecting to a wireless network there is a password involved to get on and gain access to the network.
When you set up your wireless network did you make a security key ?
m
0
l
December 31, 2012 10:13:32 PM

inzone said:
Usually when your connecting to a wireless network there is a password involved to get on and gain access to the network.
When you set up your wireless network did you make a security key ?



Where would I find it if I did? Is this the same key that is located on the bottom of the router?

I have not been asked to furnish this to the kindle.
m
0
l
January 1, 2013 12:29:40 AM

Any device that connects to your wireless network has to put in the wireless password. Some devices will ask for the password and others will just have a section in the device that you go into to connect and there is a place for the password. My wife just got an ipad and to connect to the wireless we just went into the network section and made the changes and entered the password. It never asked for it but there was a place for it.
Go to a computer that is currently connected to your wireless network and open the control panel. Select Network and Internet and then next select Homegroup , then next select view and print the Homegroup password. The next page will have the password that is needed to enter your wireless network.
m
0
l
!